Laptops are still being made with 1366x768 displays

>laptops are still being made with 1366x768 displays

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1248x702, 34K)

no they aren't

Steve Jobs died of his own brand.
Cancer, Inc.

What's the point of making bigger resolution screens when our eyes can't see more than 720p??

Tfw everything is great on your thinkpad except for shit display

Is that the guy from how I met ur two fathers

Replace the display

and that's a good thing

GET OUT

Not worth it, I only bought it for $200. Im just gonna save up for a better thinkpad. Although tbqh this one is good enough for now.

Shut the hell up.

Attached: 1508806508054.gif (660x520, 2.56M)

Perfect for corporations to buy in bulks for their workers. An employee that does paperwork and read spreadsheets all day can do fine with 1366x768.

Attached: 1530318230014.png (380x349, 77K)

It's because Intel Inegrated Graphics are holding back the laptop industry.

Spreadsheets and office documents at 1366x768 is fucking horrible.
Companies doing this are throwing away money due to inefficiencies. Doing this long term costs a fuckload of lost productive time.

[Citation needed]

I want to see chromebooks/sub-$200 low-end laptops with stupid big ~17"-to-20" 1920x1080 monitors.

>but why?

It would make for an awesome for videos and Steam in-house streaming.

Nice job showing you've never worked a day in your life. Nobody does spreadsheets on laptops. I used to work at an MSP and every single customer we serviced, their office workers are all on desktops with massive 30" monitors probably 1080p if not 4K, or triple 20" monitors side by side.

Only one of our customers got memed into buying macbooks, and they have them all hooked up to spaghetti dongle chains hooked up to monitors, keyboards, and mice, and have been sitting untouched so long there's a thick layer of dust over the entire keyboard.

>tfw I am posting from a current year laptop with a 720p display

Yes they are my niggar.

Attached: ipPpw3F3_400x400.jpg (400x400, 24K)

holy shit work sucks so fucking much. I hate shitty shit

How can they see 720p if they can only see 24FPS

tfw recently got an fhd laptop

Attached: 1533649398762.png (500x575, 216K)

Yes, they are.
Here in Brazil, 90% of the computers available to buy have a 720p resolution.

People here don't know the difference between 720p and 1080p

>$1000 phones have bigger resolution (not to mention that they're usually better in every other way) screens than $1000 laptops
What the fuck?

tfw upgraded my T450 from 768p to 1080p

Attached: 573.jpg (330x190, 8K)

he was unironically killed by PC

let me lay this out for you OP

specs don't matter

I know you've gone through your life so far scoffing at 720p screens and 10 year old processors but it doesn't matter. Good technology hobbyists are ones who can fit a need to a solution, that's it.

If you make a salty post about how "I can't believe my hospital is still using windows XP on their non-networked equipment" you're the problem, you're the bloat, the waste.

someone brings you a problem, you try and solve it as cheap as possible, with the highest quotient for reliability, that's it.

>there's a thick layer of dust over the entire keyboard.
Do they still work?

My Dad was just killed by PoC

>laptops are still being made

I still have a monitor in that resolution for my PC, and that's fine by me. Why the fuck do I need some meme 45 foot screen when I'm sitting a foot away from it in my comfy easy chair? I don't want to have to turn my head to see the corners of the screen.

>buy 1920*1080 laptop
>everything on the 14" screen is tiny
>difficulty in both linux and windows to get things the correct scale

I worked for a large company up until a few months ago and was in charge of issuing out the laptops. All shitty Dells with low res and low specs. A lot of people were unable to use them without getting bigger and higher res monitors, which of course slowed down the pieces of shit even more. Ever see a marketing person try to work on ad designs on that tiny shit? It hurt to watch.

Of course all the people at the exec level magically got high end macs because upper level execs are cry babies that get whatever they want.

>14" screen
you deserve it

>It's because Intel Inegrated Graphics are holding back the laptop industry.
How does that even make sense. I disable my work laptops dedicated graphics and drive 3 monitors at 1440p.
How are Intel graphics forcing ultra low res displays.

it's because you can make a 1366x768 display out of defective better displays, as long as displays are being made and occasionally fail QC, you'll have lower res displays that pass lower res QC.

>Apple does 200dpi in 2012
>Takes a year to iron out the issues

>Microsoft and Linux start trying to do high PPI in 2014
>5 years later they are still buggy

Really makes you think

Attached: 1523756491638.jpg (1000x1275, 310K)

Attached: Steve Apple.png (1050x616, 139K)