What is the Intel ME Jow Forums?

So redpill me on the Intel ME. What's the point of using GNU/Linux if the Intel ME can spy on you anyway? To my understanding Intel ME can be disabled to a extent on certain systems but is that enough should I care as much about the Intel ME as much I would about the OS? I feel like all of my precautions are in vain if the hardware is also kill. Any info and advance or thoughts?

Attached: csm_8th_Gen_Intel_Core_i5_Badge_ee07502dbf.jpg (600x600, 110K)

>What is me_cleaner for $500, Alex

me_cleaner is a fake. me literally can't be disabled.

Yes but that only partially, why is that?

This is terrible if true but is what I fear. So what's the point then?

Retard alert.

For disabling ME.

Yes I know, I mean what's the point in taking precautions if it can't be fully disabled?

Because it is disabled. Stubbing it and rendering it useless is the same thing.

But even the most honest companies who are trying to get rid of it say they don't even know what most of it exactly does and can only remove 80-90% of it. Thinking the the remaining portion is the hardest because that is what is spying

No because code isn't magic and we know the filesize of the remaining code and it isn't large enough to initialize shit and grab a fresh payload.

This my be true but it leaves me uneasy because you never know. I'd rather have the whole thing gone then having the remaining "unremovable" (for some reason) part just sitting there

What? How small does the size of a file have to be to be unable to run something? And what is the filesize of IME anyways?

This^

bump

bump

>So redpill me on the Intel ME. What's the point of using GNU/Linux if the Intel ME can spy on you anyway?
it can't spy on you by default. the issue with ME is that it CAN be used to spy on people, intercept data, etc. that's the worst of it. for ME to start spying on users, someone needs physical access to the machine's USB port to get into ME, it cannot be done remotely. custom software needs to be written for the ME's internal CPU for any kind of spying to occur.

wtf really? How do you kow this? It's harmless if that's the case. Also this

I hear AMD's PSP is worse, is it true?

Nobody hardly discusses AMD's version as well. Which is weird, at the same time this should be a main topic on Jow Forums but people seem apprehensive

no size limit at all
> How do you kow this?
because i've been breaking into computers and electronic devices for the best part of two decades. this stuff gives me an erection.
>It's harmless if that's the case
pretty much. there have been some proof of concepts of spyware installed in it by security groups but they still need physical access.

AMD's flawed system is just as bad as Intel's (hi ryzen!). I think the lack of noise about it is a great indicator of how little anybody gives a single fuck about AMD.

That's because nobody here uses AMD CPUs. The AMD shills are just LARPing