Now that edge browser is being rebranded and released for windows 7, windows 8.1, and MacOS...

Now that edge browser is being rebranded and released for windows 7, windows 8.1, and MacOS, is there any reason at all to be using windows 10 over 7? Does windows 10 have any advantages of any kind anymore?

Attached: 1537284816100.png (480x360, 130K)

Other urls found in this thread:

express.co.uk/life-style/science-technology/617168/Windows-10-Tracking-Keylogger-Not-Stopped
pastebin.com/4fCAcR7t
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I'm keeping 7 Indefinately for processes that require windows software. With internet access disabled. I use GNU/Linux for anything that requires online access. Soon as Audio softwares become properly Linux compatible I will switch over.

Yes, you won't feel lonely while using Windows 10. With Windows 7, you are all alone while using your computer.

WSL
Microsoft Store
Ribbon UI for File Explorer
Flat design

Attached: 99F6504F5BD79AE830.jpg (1334x2000, 1.33M)

hundreds of reasons. people still using win7 are the dumbest motherfuckers in the universe. these same dumb motherfuckers refuse to move to win10 because they're so paranoid and computer illiterate that they have no idea how to customize win10 (disabling updates, blocking telemetry etc.). win7 users seem content with slow loading, slower performance for some reason. oh well, only a year to go before these lamers are all forced onto win10. eat a fat dick, lamers.

>Nobody uses that
>Nobody uses that
>Nobody cares about that
>Nobody likes that

Windows 10 does have some nice benefits over 7 like being able to mount disk images, much better file transfer window and being able to scroll on unfocused windows, but none of that seems worth upgrading for.

Is this bait?

I could never go back to 7 because of the virtual desktops, having access to DX12 is also nice. That said I've used 10 since it released and I've like it, so I'm probably a turbo-normie by Jow Forums standards.

I like being all alone.

LTSC is bretty comfy with spying disabled and just werks but I can see sticking with 7 to be safe

Windows 10 is the best Windows yet. If you want to criticize it you have to go the freetard route and criticize it as harmful to your freedoms. For games and everything that matters, Windows 10 is Amazing.

So nothing that I would like or use? The only way I manage to put up with using Win10 at work is tweaking the shit out of it to have a decent LH theme, Aero Glass and no retarded Ribbon

Look at all the Windows 10 shills that just showed up. They're almost as efficient as Protonmail shills.

Anyone using windows 10 even with what they believe is disabled telemetry shouldn't be allowed to post on this board. Enjoy your premium data mining machine fags.

It has a lot of features, but i have concerns about privacy even with telemetry seemingly disabled. And it's still wangblows.

perhaps it is you who are the shill, being against the greatest operating system on the planet!

It all depnds if Microsoft updates Edge for Windows 7 beyond 2020 or if we are only getting one year of updates.

If you were using win10 because of edge, I'm not really sure what to say...

express.co.uk/life-style/science-technology/617168/Windows-10-Tracking-Keylogger-Not-Stopped

Professional and Enterprise versions of windows 7 you can pay for updates until 2023. So whatever version of windows 7 is still supported they'll keep updating edge for.

>the greatest operating system on the planet!

Confirmed shill. When will people learn you don't get anything for free.

>2015

Exactly my fucking point
Wonder whats changed since?
oh. Fuck MS and Fuck Win 10 and Fuck its shills entirely.

If you honestly think you are more secure and less monitored using an operating system released in 2009, I lol at you sir.

Did they ever release a statement to quell these fears? Apart from 'crazy conspiracy theorists'

pastebin.com/4fCAcR7t

>express
user...

Very cute, its a shame you feel the need to criticise others and not actually contribute to your argument.

>because telemtry and monitoring and spyware has decreased in the last decade
they just moved it to hardware dude. Ms plaing catch-up
Maybe want to read the undertitle of that pic again user. That WAS ms making a statement.

Attached: MS_a_statement.jpg (616x429, 30K)

New features. A GUI based package manager built-in. Security updates. DX12. Support for newer CPUs. And the list goes on.

based and redpilled.

Care to direct to it?

>A GUI based package manager built-in
And that would be?

Windows Store. lel

I assume that edge browser for windows 7 will be delivered via windows update?

Microsoft Store. Also, I use WSL very commonly, it makes Windows less of a pain.

Was the existence of Microsoft Edge ever a reason for you to use Windows 10 in the first place?

>implying Edge is advantage
>implying someone uses Edge
pls
Real reasons to drop 7 already and move to 10:
- the new cmd that can finally be maximised
- it supports Linux aliases, like ls instead of dir
- it finally has support for ssh
- multiple desktops, really handy
- notifications panel.

>scroll on unfocused windows
Oh, and also this so much

>Using Windows 10 for Edge
user...

To be honest though, yeah. Windows 7 is at end of life dude. Get off that sinking ship. Windows 10 is trash though. As much as I hate mac you'd be better going to it unless you are comfortable with Linux.

It's convenient for a fresh install to only need one browser installed and any chrome extension will work with it.

It's a shame nobody is really sure about how much data harvesting is going on in Windows 10.

Its obviously going to be deeply hidden in lengthy privacy policies I can't seem to find much on analysis of it apart from the European Union basically telling them to clean up their act.

Say what you will about Microsoft, but it pales in comparison to the data logging going on in all the Linux distributions, especially Arch Linux. Wikipedia says so.

Attach a Windows computer to a computer that patches internet to it. See what packets go where and when.

I don't need to, my windows computer never connects to the internet. It's interesting how microsoft gives you no option to opt out of data collection.

Basically released an app going, this is what we collect. Like or leave it.

Attached: teachingbait.jpg (474x474, 31K)

What are you hiding, user?

My privacy.

You're doing a very bad job hiding your privacy by talking about it here.

You're doing a very poor job of shilling for Microsoft.

I wish I were a shill for Microsoft and Arch didn't log even worse than Windows.

I guess that's a problem for Arch users. If verified. Doesn't detract from Microsofts extensive data-logging.

Your OS logs, too. and your firmware. and your CPU. and your router. and your email provider.
Logs as far as the eyes can see.

>edge
>reason to use 10
What? Who the fuck uses edge? It's not relevant for anything.

And that's an argument for Microsoft to do so? Jesus.

I'm a fan of LZX compression

Attached: explorer_2018-12-03_21-51-28.png (245x250, 8K)

Yes, my child?

It's not.

You do realize the telemetry is only for solving performance issues, crashes, and errors, right?

Of course it is. Is that why your machine gets assigned an advertising ID?

>he doesn't use ublock
laughingpajeets.av1

Decembers a bit late for sweet children of summer to still be up, no?

My beard is older than you.

Couldn't agree more

Microshills can say what they want. I use uBlock, Im however not going to use a machine that collects so much data a continents governing body has to tell them to stop.

my condolences. you have made a will?

Well get to working on Linux, because it still sucks so much compared to Windows.

Not yet, though to be fair, my beard is older than me, too. I purchased it from a carny folk.

I already confirmed the solution in the first place. Use windows boxed off from the internet. And use Linux as a daily runner.

You microshills took great offense to anything negative said about your great data harvester.

What do when you want to play an MMO?

Go outside.

But user, it's frowned upon to grind levels by attacking the neighborhood pets.

>he needs LZX compression for his cp

Space savings is space savings. Coupled with a big drive it just adds up.

Attached: explorer_2018-12-03_21-59-31.png (284x250, 9K)

Does WSUS Offline with Security Only Updates disregard all updates that have telemetry, or do I still need to check to make sure it's disabled?

It install whatever update is available/packed in.

They don't worry about checking them, they only download and pack al the updates available.

Actual reasons (that you can't achieve in Windows 7 using third party software that works better):

>Windows Store apps
>DirectX 12
>Applications that have dropped support for Win7 APIs (as of 2018 there aren't any)

And that's it. Arguably also WSL, if for some reason running a headless VM with a shared folder doesn't fit your insanely specific use case.

Why do you unironically prefer cucked versions of Explorer?

Why do you unironically enjoy the taste of dick?

But we're not talking about Apple.

I'll bite
Linux has had that for quite some time

Just better performance, better compatibility, better security, and better UX.

When was Edge ever a reason to use Windows 10?

IE has built-in rss feed, Edge doesn't. It's also why I won't update Firefox after this month. Yes, I'm tech illiterate and can't extensions.

Windows 10 literally does nothing windows 7 can't do, for me anyways... Other than delete all my files and play Russian Roulette with drivers every big update.

not sure if bait or that much blue pilled

The good parts of Win10 were all adopted from Linux.

>scroll follows mouse cursor
>multiple desktops
>better console window
>WSL
They are pretty nice desu, shame about the spying

You're an idiot