Manjaro's latest update is fucking up a bunch of folks' boxes. I'm not overly critical...

>forum.manjaro.org/t/stable-update-2018-12-02-kernels-plasma-mesa-cinnamon-gnome-deepin-xfce-vulkan/67333
Manjaro's latest update is fucking up a bunch of folks' boxes. I'm not overly critical, because I really like the idea of 'arch, BUT STABLE!', but they clearly screwed the pooch here.
>forum.manjaro.org/t/stable-update-2018-12-04-systemd/67536?u=orajnam
Here they announce that they are rolling back systemd to mitigate the crashes.

Thoughts?

Attached: JUSTjaro.png (1600x786, 314K)

Why the fuck are you using downstream distros?
Throw that shit into the trash, where it belongs.

serves you right
use Arch like a man, not those childish distros like Manajro and Antegros

Say the line, Archfag.

why would you even use manjaro? for what purpose? if you want a newb friendly it just werks experience then why not use ubuntu

if you want an arch that is THERORETICALLY stabler Manjaro makes sense. packages are almost brand new while still being ostensibly stable. there's more reasons than noob-friendliness alone

I did wonder when I tried update I got some shit about systemd. Like WTF.

did you make sure to update from a TTY as per post 157/354 of the official update thread on the POLITE and helpful Manjaro forums?

SYSTEMED.COM

Ubuntu isn't as polished as Mint. Mint is more user friendly.

another day for systemD cucks

There are thousands of Reddit kids who are getting into Linux but they don't want to use Ubuntu because IT'S FOR NEWBS and they're ashamed to admit they're new to Linux and don't know shit yet. So they get lured into this kind of shitty 1337 but easy distros like Manjaro, which are easy to use but don't carry the stigma of suing a BABY distro like Ubuntu.

I feel like Manjaro has even more stigma on the internet than mint/ubuntu for the very reason you outlined: it's ostentatious 1337ness but for beginners. Maybe there are communities where that's not the case, but I haven't found them.

Installing and using Manjaro is like moving into a nice looking house that a real estate agent tricked you into buying with a good presentation. Shortly after you find out the roof leaks, the toilet constantly clogs, it didn't come with any insulation and the A/C barely works. Months later the house is still in disrepair, because you never bothered to learn how to fix any of the issues, but you tell yourself that it at least looks nice on the outside and call it a day.

can you explain this with a food analogy instead?

>linux
del *.*

Install Gentoo.

>thoughts?
I don't trust rolling releases.
But I like manjaro.

Ubuntu didn't have my WiFi drivers and because of my living situation I can't use a wire

Just use Arch.

>arch, but unstable
Seems like a really great idea for a distro.

Works fine for me.

>Did you update from a TTY? It was pretty important for this update.
lmao "arch but stable" my fucking ass, go install ubuntu and get some fuckin work done