pastebin.com/M5w7QtKp
>Use the buyer's template
pastebin.com/33S1gVkG
>Group Buys
Deskthority, Geekhack, Massdrop
>Keyboard wiki
deskthority.net/wiki/Main_Page

Previous Thread:

Attached: aluminumkeyboard_dvorak.jpg (600x399, 65K)

Other urls found in this thread:

massdrop.com/buy/massdrop-x-invyr-holy-panda-mechanical-switches/?mode=guest_open
realforce.co.jp/en/products/R2TLSA-US4-IV/index.html
xahlee.info/kbd/ly092_mini_keyboard.html
kbdfans.cn/collections/60/products/dz60-60-pcb
kbdfans.cn/collections/60-layout-case/products/customized-gh60-aluminum-case
kbdfans.cn/collections/new-arrival/products/kbd65-65-custom-mechanical-keyboard-pcb
massdrop.com/buy/massdrop-x-invyr-holy-panda-mechanical-switches
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

If scissor switches are not mechanical then Topre switches aren't too.

>this is bait do not repl....
wtf areyou talking!

Second for meme switches that are no longer unobtanium.

massdrop.com/buy/massdrop-x-invyr-holy-panda-mechanical-switches/?mode=guest_open

Attached: meme pandas.jpg (1500x1000, 393K)

>trying to sell keyboard on mechmarket
>durr you must have 10 karma to post

i dont even use reddit why would i have 10 karma fuck this gay website

threadly reminder that scissor switches are mechanical and if you disagree, you are autistic and have been brainwashed by some company's marketing department

They're not, they're capacitive rubber domes.

how much you want to bet these switches suddenly fall out of favor with the massive autists that hyped them up

muh ultra rare switches so that means there good

There's at least a force graph, so you can use that as a starting point as to whether you'd like them or not. If a long rounded bump doesn't sound appealing then it wouldn't be for you. Either way it's nice to at least be able to try them without being absolutely fucked by aftermarket prices.

Attached: Top Clack Holy Panda .png (1733x1230, 97K)

>the most tactile mechanical switch ever created
I find your claims fanciful and doubtful, Massdrop.

Yea they should get rid of that line to be honest. If they wanted some marketingspeak they could have said "the most refined tactile bump" or some similar BS.

i dont care for tactile at all but its painfully obvious this switch was hyped because of how it was a combination of 2 rare switches

Right. Especially since it was confirmed that Zealios V2 are more tactile than holy pandas. Zeal V2 are probably too tactile for me and many others.

You're actually wrong though, the switch has a very distinct and unique sound and feel. Just buy some and try them. Or are you typing this from your OEM board trying to convince yourself that you're not missing out on anything with your MX browns?

>hyped because of how it was a combination of 2 rare switches
100% that played a big part. That said they are apparently Actually Good™ switches, just not fucking $5 each good.

i hate tactiles i only use linears

but im sure box tactiles are just as good

Anyone here tried building a KDB66/KBD661 with those chink hotswap sockets?

Does this force curve look the same as the one above to you? Box tactiles are incredibly sharp, not rounded like a Holy Panda.

Attached: 08034980596984598658964.png (700x500, 62K)

I cleaned the fucking apple keyboard like 3 times, now I might need to clean it once again. It's an absolute pain. God I hate it.

>I've never tried this thing but I'm sure this other thing is just as good.
You've probably only tried one type of linear and denounce any that you haven't tried as being worse too.

ive tried over 30 switches, i will probably get holy memers just to try them out too

What are the best mx mount linears (currently available) that you've tried?

Good for you, I won't. Doesn't make you any less retarded for assuming two switches are the same without trying them, especially when the force graphs are available and are so different.

Topres aren't mechanical and neither are buckling springs

retooled MX blacks

...lubed with?

box dark yellows

this isnt me

lol

damn you are really triggered that i belittled your precious meme switches holy shit

No sweetie, I've never tried a Panda, just laughing at your taste in linears.

post a linear then homo

>shitting on somebody's likes/dislikes
one day you'll figure out why this is childish

- Layout: TKL, standard ANSI
- Switches considered: BOX Navy/Jade, Zealios, or Mathias Quiet Click
- Keycaps: PBT
- Spacebar rattle: Undesirable
- Rubber legs: Desirable
- Backlight: Not necessary but okay

Plan A (click):
- Leopold FC750R Two Tone White PD TKL
- Put BOX Navy/Jade on it.

Plan B1 (quiet):
- KB Paradise V80 Tenkeyless Vintage Matias Quiet Click
- Find gud PBT keycap for it. (MX incompatible?)

Plan B2 (cheaper click):
- KB Paradise V80 Tenkeyless Vintage Kailh BOX Navy/Jade
- Find gud PBT keycap for it.

Plan C (custom):
- Buy DIY case, PCB and all that shit.

Questions:
- Is Matias Quiet Click gud?
- BOX Navy vs Jade?
- Is KB Paradise V80 a worthy keyboard?
- Building custom is going to be more expensive than changing an out of the box k/b, isn't it?
- Wat do?

>- Building custom is going to be more expensive than changing an out of the box k/b, isn't it?
This depends on what chassis you start with and at what price you get your switches. It's also more effort to swap switches unless you get a hotswap board, as you'll have to both desolder the old switches and solder in the new ones.

Suggestion: get a GMMK TKL or some other hotswap board and change the switches for minimum hassle and maximum warranty.

is there any wireless 2.4ghz mechanical keyboard except for the corsair and logitech ones?

>laptops have mechanical switches

they dont even list the force required or anything

They'll have one up soon, in the meantime there's this

so, 60g?

They'll be 67g. Haata's curves seem to understate the bottom out force for whatever reason.

finally found a decent split with not full on retarded layout and most keys still on the board. comfying up for the winter times

Attached: IMG_0939.jpg (3456x2592, 3.64M)

Cherry Mx Brown

Is this thing garbage? It's the single keyboard on amazon that combines what I want: low profile, brown, 104 key

after using logitech k120 for so long i find that i can now not go back to full height keys

Image fagmiliar.

Attached: 71-6X7i0uVL._SL1500_[1].jpg (1500x1500, 190K)

what happened to gun poster? he ded?

just recieved ducky one 2 rgb full cherry mx blue yesterday, but the switches are noticeably stiffer/heavier compared to.my other keyboard with blues. any one else experience this?

Attached: 1543822524666.jpg (1280x1810, 101K)

What is it?

topre.

Attached: 1450968264910.png (256x256, 119K)

>born year of the dog

looks like i'm ordering this xtreme meme for myself for christmas

Attached: large_DKYOTD2018-USPDAZT1_main[1].jpg (1500x605, 129K)

One day.
BTW yo I found now Realforce releasing new models it looks like.
Look at dis nigga: realforce.co.jp/en/products/R2TLSA-US4-IV/index.html
I wonder when it will be available in eurocuckistan and how much will it cost.

>dem gangsta letters
based but also cringe

I'm already shitposting with one.

Attached: 5.jpg (1324x688, 178K)

>tkl

into the trash

those were announced ages ago. at least it looks like their normal keyboards are getting the upgraded controllers.

why would anyone not want a full size keyboard

Not a lot of desk space/they dont ever use the number pad or the function keys

smaller keyboards are just better for everything
it's a fact

I wish the R2 Realforces looked better, the functional improvements are great but they're so boring compared to the older models.

not if you make memes in 3d and have 4million key shortcuts

>look mom
>I can type so many wpm

sounds like you're just an amateur

My hands hurt. Wat do

chop them off

waste of money.

:(

Spilled rubbing alcohol on my keyboard, haven't spilled anything on tech for all my years of living, inputs are now fucking retard and registering totally wrong, Delete key is tab for example, not a single alphabetical key works except a few which default to their ctrl+ shortcut. Turned off the computer, plugged in a different keyboard, and it worked fine without any issues, Tried to plug the old one back in while the new one was and now the new keyboard that was working has gone equally as retarded. Turned off and restarted the computer, removing the spilled on keyboard and now it's fine again. Is my old keyboard fucked now or will it come good if I just leave it to dry out totally? Unsure if it's the actual keyboard or if it sending weird inputs is making the OS freak the fuck out. Any insight would be very appreciated.

Attached: 1528326473021.gif (226x224, 182K)

>Turned off the computer, plugged in a different keyboard, and it worked fine without any issues

the fact that you think this is a troubleshooting step after you just spilled liquid in the keyboard is hilarious

Not that I think it's a troubleshooting step, just the fact that the new keyboard freaked the fuck out in the same way after plugging the old one back in tandem for only a second was worth mentioning.

Friendly reminder to get a hotswap keyboard as your first or even second if you're looking board. Being able to customize the weight, housing, stem, and most importantly LUBE your switches is huge.
All you'd have to do is buy recently made mx blacks and lube them for a linear that is nearly the best available.
Ergoclears are easy to make and very nice.
and you can swap in box clickies when you want some click.
This is the best way to go especially with dirt cheap option like the igk61 kit, zhuque, gmmk, etc.

Lube switches? ...

>purchase a Z70 pro because i want a hot swappable 65%, its on the way now
>assdrop ALT finally re-drops once I finally came to terms it wouldnt come back til next year, which is what i wanted originally

should i return the Z70 pro when it arrives and snag the ALT instead?

Is there a major difference in perceived brightness of switch LEDs between dark or light aluminum plates? Or do darker plates reflect light similarly to lighter ones?

I'm picking parts for a black keyboard and wondering whether a black plate would render white switch LEDs pointless for the picrelated kind of look.

Attached: Npkc_blanks_black_rgb.jpg (4032x3024, 1.69M)

chinese shortcut boards sold as keyboard, smartyao ly092 or 'koolertron' resold. quality is decent if you switch the caps xahlee.info/kbd/ly092_mini_keyboard.html its also like half the price if you put up with getting it through proxy from chinese sites directly

Attached: OhI3.png (128x125, 29K)

Can you lube the spring in box linears? They sound so awful stock

What's the cheapest metal case and usb c keyboard i can get?

kbdfans.cn/collections/60/products/dz60-60-pcb + kbdfans.cn/collections/60-layout-case/products/customized-gh60-aluminum-case

also someone was asking for a tada layout pcb with a split spacebar yesterday kbdfans.cn/collections/new-arrival/products/kbd65-65-custom-mechanical-keyboard-pcb

Just bought one of these from Wal-Mart. Cost me half of my current savings, but it was well worth it.

Attached: blackweb.jpg (1280x720, 138K)

massdrop.com/buy/massdrop-x-invyr-holy-panda-mechanical-switches

It's live.

Do they provide the plate too?

If you're not memeing, return it and get your money back. We can give you better recommendations on full size RGB boards.

nope but they have them for sale for around $20. plates never come with cases though unless it's a built in plate but those aren't very common

Has anyone tested the Xiaomi Yuemi Pro MK02? It has metal case and usb c

It's a regular TKL board with single-color backlight, no switch options and no real extra functionality, with an absolutely stunning case.

Not the same person but what would you recommend? My friend bought this too but idk what to suggest for him

Does anyone know a libary that allows for activiationtime based keys? For example if I press a button for the first 3 seconds it should act as "super"-key if it press it longer than 3 seconds it should act as "esc" key.

I need that for my 11-key keyboard.

QMK supports that

gross, clean your fucking fingernails you small fingered naillet

>they don't because otherwise I will be forced to reexamine my purchasing decisions

Why are you middle class faggots obsessing over keyboards? We use $30,000 lathes at work that have way more components which affect far more than the very narrow range of possible clicky clicky bullshit switches you guys are worried about, and yet somehow we scrutinize them more accurately in less time, while you guys obsess over the minutia of consumer-oriented plastic bullshit. It's just a FUCKING KEYBOARD. You type on it. There's almost no discernible difference between many switch types beyond the very general characteristics they have, such as linear vs. tactile, etc. This is a fucking HOBBY for you autists? IT'S JUST A CONSUMER PRODUCT FOR FUCK'S SAKE

Thanks, doc.

I got my ducky one 2. The difference in build quality version every other mech board I used before this is immediately noticable in just the keycaps alone.

Scissor switches are better than mechanical switches.

this but unironically

when the fuck are those v2 zeals shipping

the estrogens in their brain tell them to buy cute and small keybs

tfw litterally taking estrogen pills every day but still perfer full size keyboards
your statement is wrong.

Under $50 go..

E element

Soon™

So, thoughts on the Chink topre clones for gaymen?

I have a Unicomp that's perfect for my general typing needs and preferences, but less than ideal for gaymen.

Attached: Untitled-3 (2).png (769x2000, 161K)