INTEL SURRENDER THREAD

What the fuck Intelbros AMD is going 7nm in Q1 2019 what are we going to do? Delidding + delapping + chiller should be enough to compete right bros? What if it's not enough? Are we just going to surrender to AMD?

Attached: 1543674237423.jpg (882x758, 324K)

Other urls found in this thread:

anandtech.com/show/13683/intel-euvenabled-7nm-process-tech-is-on-track
tsmc.com/english/dedicatedFoundry/technology/5nm.htm
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

just delid + delap it bro

Intel is apparently very optimistic about their 7nm process:
anandtech.com/show/13683/intel-euvenabled-7nm-process-tech-is-on-track
But not even that will be enough, it's time to get the money that was to be used to 10nm, and shove it on making a brand new architecture that can actually compete with zen 2 (and 3).

Can someone explain why I should care about by brand of processor?
>Le Incel
>Le AYYYYMD
If your machine works just fucking use it and stop being a bitch baby.

Incels gonna need to go to 3nm to compete, cucks

you shouldn't care about how best to spend your money, be a good goy and buy the shiniest one

It's true and based on my elliot wave analysis along with another technique I use, AMD will be hitting $40+/share next year or early 2020

Nah, just make a fucking new arch. Core is too fucking old.

intel is incapable of making a new uarch, core is a rebrand of pentium III

They could do what they always do and buy the IP from someone else.

Poor people just feel compelled to rail on people of means for paying more for marginally better gains.

Attached: 69443-28227.gif (320x240, 50K)

>Incels gonna need to go to 3nm to compete, cucks
DELID DIS PLES

Attached: 1503848584264.jpg (1000x1000, 253K)

just wait for 14n++++++++++++++++++++++

Attached: 1502413149805.jpg (682x787, 136K)

So apparently Amazon, and thus AWS, is moving to ARM chips.

How does this fit into the duopoly?

RISC-V when?

I will believe AMD has a performance advantage when I see it. Until then, it's just the same screaming monkey shit they've been doing for a decade.
And in the unlikely event AMD does put out a better product without limitations or asterisks, I'll buy it. Fuck brand loyalty, just get whatever works the best. I have no love for Intel or Nvidia, but I'm highly skeptical of AMD because of years of overblown hype.

>Delidding + delapping + chiller
Dream on. New intel cpus come with soldered heat spreaders. Only buying more powerful chiller is left.

Yeah, after 10nm. We might be looking at 2021 where everyone might be at 5nm by then, looking at the 3nm horizon.

Nigga what? AMD has delivered on the midrange the last few years and Hawaii is contender on being the GOAT architecture standing the test of time. Just because Vega is a piece of shit for gayming doesn't mean Polaris is bad.
Nvidia could release a 2080Ti performance card for $200 right now and I still would not buy it, fuck those assholes. Fuck Intel for 5 years of quadcores, stupid kikes.

new uarch in 2022

>soldered
>still need delidding and delapping
lmoa

>delid
Direct did LN2 closed loop with compressor or are you poor?

STOP KVETCHING GOY

Why is it so hard to find ZEN laptops?

What's the theoretical minimum here? At some point i imagine the signal going through the chip gets unreliable.

i see them every time i walk into any electronics/computer store

>So apparently Amazon, and thus AWS, is moving to ARM chips.
They don't.
>How does this fit into the duopoly?
Duopoly gives no shits and sells more DC CPUs.
>RISC-V when?
Right now, in your nearest smart trashcan.

Specifically for network hardware, where it can apparently make sense to have a reduced instruction set, but shit tons of them running concurrently. Still a niche use.

Both Samsung and TSMC will have no problems going 5nm and even 3nm in the next 5-10 years or so.

we will delid our way out of this bros

Intel sucks

Attached: 1534737506611.png (915x678, 188K)

Performance and power consumption are not everything.

SHITtel is shit, water is wet, more at 11

Attached: 1543970987936.png (1920x600, 357K)

>performance doesn't matter!

>cpus don't matter!
>intel becomes SSD company

>RISC-V when?

Because A is the first letter from alphabet so AMD > Intel.
It's simple.

I agree completely, user! It's just as, if not more, important that the processor is made by the right brand!

Attached: intel-2.png (660x421, 473K)

Or so they claim, at least. As did Intel with 10 nm.

>core is a rebrand of pentium III
In much the same that Zen is a rebrand of the K8.

But the most expensive one must be the best! How could this happen?!

Attached: intel given up.jpg (512x599, 131K)

Isn't 7nm pretty much the final frontier of die shrinks due to quantum tunneling?

>imagine being a fanboy

>PROCESSORS DON'T MATTER
The absolute STATE of Intel shills.

Attached: laugh-at-you.jpg (250x172, 17K)

>If your machine works just fucking use it and stop being a bitch baby.
You don't think there might be a case for trying to get the most for your money in the metrics that matter for you when buying one?

>this arrangement of sand defines who I am

Attached: npc-meme-1024x512.jpg (1024x512, 31K)

I don't think that was his point. Just get the ebst system regardless of brand. I have an AMD but if next time I upgrade Intel will be a better value for my needs I will switch without thinking twice.

Well duh, but there are many aspects to that question, and in some of them, brand does matter. For example, in certain circumstances it may well make sense to strategically buy slightly inferior products from one brand in order to keep the other from getting a market position that will make said market worse in the future. Or to buy a currently inferior product that you think may have greater future potential of its parent company gets more revenue to develop it. Not necessarily saying any of those are the case right now, but it may be short-sighted to only look at the instantaneous technical merits of the available products.

>Multi-core doesn't matter!
>Productivity doesn't matter!
>Price/performance doesn't matter!
>Performance per watt doesn't matter!
>Power usage doesn't matter!
>Temperatures don't matter!
>Soldered dies don't matter!
>Stutters don't matter!
>Streaming doesn't matter!
>Data centers don't matter!
>Locked CPUs don't matter!
>OEMs don't matter!
>Hyperscalers don't matter!
>Upgradeability doesn't matter!
>Anti-competitive business practices don't matter!
>Locked platform features don't matter!
>Synthetic loads don't matter!
>PCI-e lanes don't matter!
>Burnt pins don't matter!
>Heat doesn't matter!
>1771w cooler doesn't matter!
>Server space doesn't matter!
>ECC support doesn't matter!
>Free RAID doesn't matter!
>NVMe RAID doesn't matter!
>StoreMI doesn't matter!
>IPC doesn't matter!
>7nm doesn't matter!
>StoreMI doesn't matter!
>HEDT doesn't matter!
>Stock coolers don't matter!
>Security doesn't matter!
>Games don't always matter!
>Enterprise doesn't matter!
>Hyperthreading doesn't matter!
>VMware doesn't matter!
>MySQL doesn't matter!
>Unix doesn't matter!
>Linux doesn't matter!
>Waffer yields don't matter!
>Benchmarks after full patches don't matter!
>Asian markets don't matter!
>Own fabrics don�t matter!
>Chipset lithography doesn't matter!
>Cray doesn't matter!
>Cisco doesn't matter!
>HPE doesn't matter!
>AZURE doesn't matter!
>5nm doesn't matter!
>TDP doens't matter!
>10nm doesn't always matter!
>Cache doesn't matter!
>Integrated graphics doesn't matter!
>PCI-Express 4.0 doesn't matter!
>Germany doesn't matter!
>*NEW* Processors doesn't matter!

Attached: 1543247018553.jpg (1170x1300, 135K)

5nm risk production in 2019
tsmc.com/english/dedicatedFoundry/technology/5nm.htm

based doesn't matter poster

Depends on the actual feature length. In reality, 7nm TSMC contacted gate pitch is something like 40nm, the gate should then be somewhere around 15 or so nm. More dangerous at the moment is tunneling through the gate oxide. The primary issue with process currently isn't just tunneling, it's mostly EUV. Getting feature sizes down further is really complicated; photoresist responds differently and your optics needs to get very nuanced at this feature size and the polishing process will need to be angstrom level precise. "3nm" CMOS process have been designed and demonstrated already by Applied Materials, the question is when will the lithography process for 3nm be polished up?

based

>imagine being

>14n++++++++++++++++++++++

in before intel starts insulting amd's puny chips for being small and fragile.

Attached: 1522612465187.jpg (953x527, 210K)

7nm? what do you need 14nm for? here's your 22nm bro

Desperate shoahs call for desperate gevalts.
Moshie, bring out the 14nm+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ blueprints

We give up is what we do. Im dumping my i5 4590 for those cheap $100 6 core zen 2 cpus.

Tell us rather when you can remove the malware backdoor that is IME in their chip.
And yes AMD has respective shit.

will intel multi-lid their CPUs to give shintel fanboys something to keep them busy?

Attached: 1532558036928.png (741x568, 29K)

NEW MULTI-LID TECHNOLOGY BROUGHT TO YOU BY INTEL

lol non of this shit matters. Only stupid people have to compare minor performance increases between each release from either AMD or Intel.

All this discussion is moot if you are upgrading from a several years old CPU.

I'll be upgrading from my 4770K to a 3700X next year, but if I had some need to upgrade this year instead, I'd have just bought a 9700K.

Attached: 59.jpg (300x100, 8K)

>9700K
kek.
>Only stupid people have to compare minor performance increases between each release from either AMD or Intel.
You should have gone for the 2700x every single time, buying 9000 series from Intel is beyond retarded.

Buying the 9900K is beyond retarded yes, buying the 9700K is slightly less retarded, but if you've got the money, which I do, I'd choose it over the 2700X if I was to upgrade this year.

delid dis

>If you're upgrading from trash you can buy trash and it'll still be an upgrade who cares that you're paying twice as much for a motherboard+cpu combo because intel comes out with a new socket every other generation??

The fucking state of intel shills.

Attached: laughing feneko 2.gif (540x380, 2.27M)

The 4770K is not trash.
The 9700K is not trash, just overpriced.
You are not paying twice as much.
New socket every generation is irrelevant when you are upgrading once in 5 years.
The fucking state of posting a comment with no content.

The point being that since you have to buy a new motherboard ANYWAY you're not doing yourself any favors going from intel to intel, when you can just as easily and more cheaply go to AMD.

This is a technology board not a flea market for you to hock your products. And if you can't accept that your favorite brand can't put out a competitive product at a competitive price this generation, maybe Jow Forumsreligion is more up your alley.

ples delid dis goy

But your point makes no sense as I would still have to buy another motherboard regardless.

I have no favourite brand, which is why I said I'll be upgrading from Intel 4770K to AMD 3700X, maybe you missed that bit, next year. However, if I was to upgrade now I would get the 9700K as I'd be keeping it for a similar amount of time, 5 years approximately. Therefore I would want the near-best of what is available now, and I can afford to pay a bit more as the value comes from longevity.

>The 4770K is not trash.
>lying on the internet

Attached: 100c.png (2559x1401, 228K)

Attached: 1542030934767.png (992x1043, 614K)

Meme it

What meme, its reality now

It was not trash, but it looks like you needed to say that to justify your purchase, even to this day.

The 4770K was the best SKU when it came out in Q2 2013, the 4790K came out a year later.

How is a failing 4790k "justifying" a purchase you asperger

>stupid nigger that doesn't know they are the same cpu
just go back to /reddit/ already

>Brand shills
I went from a 2600k to a 2700x.

I only use winning CPUs.

How is calling the best SKU for that year 'trash', retard.

Stupid nigger that doesn't know they released a year apart. Kill yourself /reddit/ faggot.

same mobo, same die, same everything its higher clocked rebrand tard, you don't own one you are an absolutely retarded shill

Attached: 1527629778452.jpg (679x758, 54K)

The fuck is wrong with you? When I bought the 4770K it was the best at the time, in Q2 2013.

The 4790K did not exist until a year later in Q2 2014.

Same cpu dumbass

Damn, if only I had bought the same CPU in 2013, oh wait, it didn't exist in 2013, so I couldn't buy it.

But wait, maybe I did, it's the same CPU after all.

14++++++++++++++....+++++++ will be out by then. Don't worry

Attached: 1543785611704.jpg (679x758, 54K)

>tfw a opensource processor is on a smaller die node then a multi-billion dollar industry founder's processor

Attached: 1532900321465.png (662x800, 622K)

Nah, fuck Intel and their bullshit practices. Even with the godly Sandy, I still didn't upgrade. Went with piece of shit dozer derivative for years until I just couldn't handle it anymore and upgraded to a 2700x. Will probably sell it for Zen2 too.

Did you ever come to regret that Haswell chip when Devil's Cannon released?

Never. I bought what was the best at the time, so regret at future products was pointless. And since gaming was my priority, I haven't needed to buy a new CPU for years, especially since upgrading to 1440p, where CPUs matter less.

I'm overdue for a CPU upgrade for sure, but I don't resent Intel for the 4790K, there are far more other reasons tho.

When should I upgrade my 4770? I don't do anything but browse Jow Forums and twitter, but I want my computer to be maximum snappy

When is up to you. Now? 2700X (or 2600 if you can't afford it) most likely, or 9700K if you want to spend substantially more for a slightly better product. Next year is probably the best time for the 3000 series.

delid dis

Shut the fuvk up you stupid goys. What are you? Indian or something?

OY VEY