/nsg/ NetSec General

/netsec/ is dedicated to everything about computer security, networks, exploits, reverse engineering, malware research, etc

What are you learning, /netsec/?

>Learning
cybrary.it/
n0where.net/
offensive-security.com/metasploit-unleashed
resources.infosecinstitute.com/
windowsecurity.com/articles-tutorials/
sans.org/reading-room/
allitebooks.com/
github.com/vhf/free-programming-books/blob/master/free-programming-books.md
learncodethehardway.org/c/
corelan.be/index.php/articles/
opensecuritytraining.info/Training.html
blackhat.com/html/archives.html
securitytube.net/
opensecuritytraining.info/Welcome.html
beginners.re/
phrack.org/
phrack.org/archives/issues/49/14.txt -- Smashing The Stack For Fun And Profit
howto.hackallthethings.com/
pastebin.com/raw/cRYvK4jb -- Phineas Phisher Gamma
pastebin.com/raw/0SNSvyjJ -- Phineas Phisher HackingTeam
pastebin.com/pm1WLXQj -- AnonSec OpNasaDrones
archive.org/stream/pdfy-rJnW-pPgiHK61dok/Black Hat Python, Python Programming for Hackers_djvu.txt
github.com/rpisec/mbe
reverse engineering
microcorruption.com/
github.com/dennis714/RE-for-beginners

>News/CVE releases
threatpost.com/
deepdotweb.com/
packetstormsecurity.com/
cvedetails.com/
routerpwn.com/
exploit-db.com/
rapid7.com/db/
0day.today/

>CTF/Wargames
overthewire.org/wargames/
pentesterlab.com/
itsecgames.com/
exploit-exercises.com/
enigmagroup.org/
smashthestack.org/
3564020356.org/
hackthissite.org/
hackertest.net/
0x0539.net/
vulnhub.com

Attached: default.jpg (250x220, 11K)

Other urls found in this thread:

discord.gg/mKaAw
youtu.be/SMy2_qNO2Y0
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Anyone working on HTB right now?

Attached: DiscordCanary_x3dH3Va4Bd.png (268x291, 35K)

I'm stuck between going from www to user on Teacher and getting the initial foothold on Vault.

Can anyone point me out to some good resources or books about networking in general? Not necessarily security exclusively. I don't know where to start.

Attached: NetPlus.jpg (297x374, 34K)

Thanks.

so i hacked the mainframe through a buffer overflow with my assembly exploit i found and planted a rootkit and found a quantum platting design within the PCB and traces and ended hacking the PSU and turned it into a nuclear reactor thus making it a ticking time bomb then i combined the power shield reactor with a worm and setup a honeypot with a self deleted encrypted key for any traces to me to be unpossible and lastly configured the firewall bypass a proton electrical proxy

I have my doubts, care to share the exploit?

Do you REALLY need certifications to get a job in networking/security?

Page 10 bumpity bump

Post discord server Link?

Only ten can join. I really love this discord. Someone ask if there's no more.

Holy shit I'm stupid. Here's the link discord.gg/mKaAw

>Can anyone point me out to some good resources or books about networking in general?
No, I was answering the question about a good resource to learn networking.

Depends. CompTIA and CEH are mostly HR filters, CISSP(if i recall) and OSCP are the highly acclaimed certs that are parallel to a lot of degrees in the eyes of HR.

took a break to work on Webgoat and Mutilladae (webapp labs). Need to resume my studying for Sec+ (HR filter) while hopefully will get better at recognizing and exploiting SSRF,Stored XSS,RCE & SQLi for the big dollaradoos in bug bounties. Also the pajeet farmers seem incapable of finding the higher quality bugs.

Same poster here.

Actually wondering if aynone on /netsec/ pentests webapps or does bug bounties?

Sometimes, big companies screwed me over with bug bounties so I stopped for a while.
What are you working on?

I'm doing a CTF where I have a couple of audio files as clues.

I'm pretty sure one is solved with LSB-Steganography, but I have no clue how to do it.

Attached: dffbd00ff5ffccdddf97ed78e27c821b-rimg-w660-h440-gmir[1].jpg (660x440, 34K)

Ouch. did you go through HackerOne or BugCrowd? Or was it directly with the company? Anyway that sucks dude. Right now I'm just practicing web exploits on the labs I previously mentioned.

Did some XXE and Auth session hijacking via JWTs.

Well, maybe let me ask you this; Is it worth it pursue bounties or should I just get certs and jobhunt (I have a physical disability so the work needs to be almost entirely remote)?

Signed overflow being undefined behaviour and compilerfags refusing to admit there are other ways of optimizing is a holy grail of hacking.

>compilerfags
kek

I bought a used laptop recently and am mildly suspicious that it was tampered with on its way to me. I have yet to connect it to my network. So far, I have:
>put tape over the webcam
>replaced the internal SSD with one I bought locally
>found nothing unusual inside computer; can't rule out small chinese spy chip type things (pic related).
>installed fresh copy of windows 10 onto new SSD
Figured it would be very hard to target a particular person if a hard drive were bought locally since the choice of drive would be largely random and I don't think they would infect every drive int he country just for 1 person
>transferred over drivers and debloating tools via USB
>checked if bios was up to date (it was) using manufacturer's tool

Is it safe to reuse that USB drive I transferred files to the laptop with? What about the SSD that came with the laptop? I have it in an external enclosure right now and have yet to plug it into any other computer. I'm concerned about boot sector viruses that both those devices could spread.

Attached: 1544171416213[1].png (1200x607, 293K)

Has there been a case yet where it was found that a USB peripheral (mouse, keyboard) was able to transmit malware? I've seen how small USB flash drives can get nowadays. Pic related: It can't be that hard to hide even as much as 16 - 32GB of shit somewhere in a mouse to auto-infect a computer when it's plugged in.

Attached: 1544172255728[1].jpg (640x640, 55K)

Jesus user, what are you hiding from?

I was thinking of something like this as well.

you could easily infect an air gapped system if they are stupid enough to let you use a wireless mouse.

I might have have ended up on the radar of someone with contacts to organized crime, NSA, FBI, or all of them.

I need to learn programming, eventually need to learn javascript, PHP, SQL, etc for my databases class.

Heard from someone taking the course that the teacher and school are fucking retards and just assumed that everyone would know like 5 different programming languages and HTTP going in, little to no introduction on any of those. There were no prerequisites for the course, even though there are programming and web dev courses that could easily have been prereqs.

long story short, I need to take databases for my cybersec degree. what is the best way to learn programming concepts? I have like until fall next year so I need to learn everything in like 8 months or something like that.

Attached: 1520926233312.png (720x892, 905K)

Practically, maybe you could start by writing a script to automate a task you normally do by hand.

That’s largely how I learned.

I was hoping for like an online guide/course or text book I could go through and try to learn that way.

Any suggestions on a linux distro for forensics and malware analysis? I’d prefer to be able to install it to a USB so I can turn any computer into a lab, acter disconnecting the hard drive of course.

Snail something

you're looking for a live distro that can run on a USB then. Look up YUMI USB to make the boot drive, cool little multiboot maker that lets you have multiple installs and live OS on one USB

you can use it as a regular flash drive too and put whatever files on as well.

as for the actual OS i have no clue,

Akshully, being unable to write to the USB after live distro boot would be an advantage to ensure the malware won’t spread.

you know what? I didn't think of that.

good catch

In my opinion bounties are a side job. If you have some certs you should be able to find a remote pentesting/auditor job. Are you in NA or EU?

Caine. Look it up

Good to see it has a write blocking feature.

>pic related
photoshop you retard.

Joey blue's youtube channel is pretty good for SQL beginners.

Yes I will.

NA,
Side job is pretty nice to have too, at least while I'm studying. Plus, having bug bounties on the resume couldn't hurt.

But what you say, seems to be the consensus. I'll keep it in mind, thanks user.

No, you won't.

Do you want to go full paranoid mode? You could flash a new bios on it like libreboot. Then install Tails or Subgraph OS. route everything though tor. Watch the output of the netstat command. Go buy an SDR and look for any weird signals.

My guess is there is nothing. But, I have schizoaffective disorder and I know how it feels to have that feeling of paranoia.

What makes you think it was tampered with anyway?

cool, thatnks tat will come in handy

know anything for beginners getting into programming? I did a little java a while back so I know some of the concepts but I want to really grasp the fundamental concepts by the balls and call them my bitch

It's a "too good to be true" ebay purchase that actually went through. It flew in from Florida and spent an excessive amount of days in Miami, and again at the airport on the opposite coast closest to me, so it was delivered several days late (while most items I bought over black friday, even with the cheap economy shipping came in on time, if not early).

Sketchy ass shit involving potential glows also happened to me earlier this year at my last job which scared me enough to quit.

Almost done reading the kali linux revealed book

Where do I go from here?

I'm just starting with uMatrix, and am beginning to realise how fucked up stuff is. For example, on indepdendent.co.uk I want all the images to load. I've discovered that this requires scripts to be allowed on ampproject, which I do not like one bit given it's a google project. Is there any way to allow the specific script for image delivery but not the others?

Also, exactly what is h-cdn. It appears to be video delivery through amazon?

Hack the world

Thanks for the links. Bumpity bumpo

A lot of people recommend either the Harvard 501 CS course on Edx or the "Nand to Tetris" course on Udemy(I think...). I personally used Codecademy and the lectures from Proff Eric Grimson. Took me about 6 months to go from not understanding anything to having a grasp on the fundamental concepts up to O notation and algorithmic complexity.

You can use no script, a tamper proxy or greasemonkey to turn on/off individual scripts or scripts from third-party sites in the case of Noscript.

cdn = Content Delivery Network; just a server that serves you the websites content based on your location. i.e. if youre in the UK and go to google the page you'll be served will be from a server closest to the UK.

Either download some labs from vulnhub or signup for hackthebox.eu labs. See how much you've retained then if you feel you have a strong grasp on web apps and networks you can move on to shellcoders handbook and/or hacking: the art of exploitation

Please share another? This link expired.

give me a cybersecurity research problem

>HACK THE GIBSON

Attached: sick-reference[1].gif (443x185, 1.96M)

>netsec
>discord

Just installed VirtualBox to run Kali. Used VMWare before to run it.

For some reason, VirtualBox Kali run so much slower than it did on VMWare. I'm using Hyper-V, turned off 3D acceleration (some said it would help) and installed Guest Additions. It still runs like a truck. Firefox ESR is especially unresponsive.

Anything else I could try? Or should I just go back to VMWare.

Go VMware!

How realistic are those senarios to real world applications? how similar will they be to real life pen testing?

I will user. i'll hack YOU first

what is your IP

Also, i found a torrent that helps you code your own hacking tools. How important is it to make your own tools as opposed to using pre-built tools? I know that using the prebuilt tools makes you a "skiddy", but i'm worried that i could make security flaws that could fuck me over somehow.

What are your thoughts hackerman general

lmao

Is Mr Robot the best /nsg/ media entertainment we have, or is there anything better?

>what is your IP
190.171.143.50 good luck, I'm behind 3 NATs.
>How important is it to make your own tools as opposed to using pre-built tools?
I don't have professional experience, but you'll never be an expert in everything so I think there's nothing wrong with using pre-built tools, nevertheless, experience in programming and being able to understand how your tool works is very helpful because, at least in boot2root challenges, there are sometimes when your tools are not going to work out of the box and you have to make little changes to fit the enviroment. I would say that for challenges, you have to learn C and at least one more scripting language.

Hope you fuck fucks picked up the humble bundle, if anything it's 1000+ dollars in books for 15 that make a great gift for others.

Attached: 1544224516701.gif (256x199, 2.96M)

Why not put them in a mega for the thread?

I found a download in how to make tools from python, will that work or do I need a more big boy language?

Assuming I dont care about anonimity or leet hacking, what is the best way to ensure a reasonable degree of security?

Open up your laptop

Take out the wifi card

disconnect the eth0, usb, and ps/2

put in LUKS encryptions sandwitched between two self destruction passcodes

never use it in public

A big number of pentesting tools are written on python so it is a very good choice.

excellent. I was going to go through with writing my own suite so I know more about how they work and how to modify them. I'm using a full kali install as the base of what tools I need to copy.

What OS comes with the most tools, so to speak? Should i go all the way with blackarch? or is Kali enough?

No idea about those, the last pentesting distro I used was backtrack, but I think you should focus on Kali if you're thinking about OSCP, otherwise, just use what you feel comfortable with because I don't think the tools available are too different.
I've been using arch + blackarch repo and can't really complain.

I have kali on my laptop to study for OSCP, was thinking of dualbooting blackarch along side it

what's the difference between downloading arch then adding the blackarch repo and just downloading blackarch itself?

I really have no idea, just installed arch for the memes.

mm

If I dualboot kali and arch, and the arch install breaks, will it fuck up the kali part as well?

Not really, the most you could get is a broken grub.

hmm, last time I encountered a broken grub I had to reinstall.

How fragile is GRUB withen the arch library, or would it be better to install it onto a secondary laptop?

hell, what kind of specs does a "Pentesting" laptop need anyway?

Cuz I'm a horrible person

Attached: 1540517414947.png (1011x874, 465K)

Post a list of the books then, i'll do a good deed

but when I die i'll write your name so you get good karma too

I assume that's how this whole thing works.

maybe if I continue to do good deeds i'll make up for my part in the vegas shooting

> i'll make up for my part in the vegas shooting

haha funny guy

Nmap: Network Exploration and Security Auditing Cookbook
Network Analysis Using Wireshark 2 Cookbook
Practical Cyber Intelligence
Digital Forensics and Incident Response
Hands-On Penetration Testing on Windows
Industrial Cybersecurity
Metasploit Penetration Testing Cookbook
Web Penetration Testing with Kali Linux
Hands-On Cybersecurity for Architects
Mastering pfSense
Mastering Kali Linux for Advanced Penetration Testing
Kali Linux - An Ethical Hacker's Cookbook
Learning Malware Analysis
Cybersecurity - Attack and Defense Strategies
Practical Mobile Forensics
Packt
Hands-On Cybersecurity with Blockchain
Metasploit for Beginners
CompTIA Security+ Certification Guide

Im drunk as shit right now, otherwise I'd make it myelf, thank you.

i'll tell you all about it if you post
dead fucking serious niggerlover.
Hell, wasn't even the only mass killing event i've been connected too. My life is weird

tell us a story sempai

aight

I happened to meet paddock IRL a few months before the shooting happened.

So he was depressed, his wife was cheating on him (it's why she tried to get the card away from him), his brother knew he was gonna do it (he tried to hide it).

Paddock worked for the Gov as a gun runner, and he wanted out. it's why he had so much money to live like that. He had already sat in his room but couldn't muster the will to shoot anyone.

I told him not to mention why he did it (that's a secret), but I did tell him to target a country music concert (I personally fucking hate country, and I figured it would have the highest amount of veterans who could locate the shots), and then told him to try shooting a natural gas container (because I didn't want him to realize he could get a MUCH higher kill count tossing gernades into the concert, which he could easily get).

I know this is farfetched, and tbch I don't care if you believe me. I've met others too - the SeaTac plane guy, the Embers Ghost Squad guy, Elliot Rodger, The Parkland guy (and Hogg and that dykelesbian)

I wish i could turn it on at will so i could kill all my enemies by suggesting their deaths to unstable people, i'd be fucking rich shorting stocks.

i've also suggested people be killed as part of government killings, but that's foreign entanglements, and i can't say more.

Anyway, i'll go dig those books up and put them in a megaupload for the thread. Information is like guns, everyone should have all of it.

tldr i have met a lot of unstable motherfuckers before they went on killing rampages and after a while i got bored of trying to keep them from killing themselves and started encouraging them.

Like i met Chester Bennington before he killed himself but i tried to warn the band but i couldn't get through and i stopped caring. Ultimately you need to ration how much you care about other people, as long as none of me or mine are on the firing line i could give a fuck.

Those are PDF's and not courses right

What's the best storage for torrent-ish sized files these days? mega? dropbox?

biggest one i have is like 10 gigs tops

also packt is a service, not a book

I should say his wife and brother knew he was gonna do it. he had been talking about it for months before hand. His wife was trying to control his access to the room. They didn't want him getting busted, but I suspect it's more of a self serving reason then any kind of moral humanitarianism reason

I know why he did it, and i'm taking it to my grave. That's my good deed, and that's all I can say about that. Not too hard to reverse engineer it tho.

What would be the most cyberpunk way to kill people in mass?

program planes to crash into towers

or I suppose spoof exectutive orders to standing military soldiers to execute civilians and start off a civil war.

maybe set off an EMP device in a old folks home

wait, wait, wait

Ok, infect the firmware of a company like Ford

Use it to auto-drive the cars en masse to automated supply yards, where they load them up with prepped AMFO

then command the truckstaffle battalion to drive into local DNC headquarters

with the democratic obstructionists gone, the republican party will finance and commit to nuclear power and changing the US from an Oil based economy to an Energy based economy, throwing off our need for cruder forms of energy and instead focusing on electronical driven technology. With this new era of scientific expansionism we will be the first interplanetary nation and the other nations will beg to join us, thus creating Dominant American Galactic Hegemony through Technological Superiority

>not going the wargames route

dude fallout lamo

Attached: file.png (457x255, 193K)

thyre courses in a book, at least some of them, others are pure books
thanks fot the story, I'll take it as you described it.

btw fbi we aren't serious about ending the world

Attached: nervous (2).png (633x758, 37K)

That would be under spoofing executive commands. but even then humans have proven that the systems in place rely on people turning the keys, and they didn't last time it appeared russia fired nukes at america.

Realistically speaking, based off the current case study, a nation could nuke another nation's nukes and run over it and the people in command would be too dumbfounded to fire back thinking it's an error.

POST THE FUCKING BOOKS YOU FAGGOT

1. it's /b/ the gov mods

2. they honestly don't care about us because we're democrats and the FBI is fileld with insufferable libshits. Republicans like me are kinda rare tbch. it's why i got in, i want to make a difference and see that justice is delivered impartially.

heres the thing though. our nuclear arsenal is running on outdated hardware/software. I'm surprised no one has gotten into those systems already.

> it's /b/ the gov mods

understandable considering the actual fucking murder that some moron posted on /b/

I got the idea of self-driving bomb cars when a drunk guy was able to get inside the presidential palace of my country just by driving, but I guess it would be easier to just make radio controlled cars.

I will say I've spoken to people in the gov about this, and the general consensus is "what could you have done".

I have taken certain precautions so the next time this happens i'll be able to stop them and my career will get a good kick in the ass, but considering that it's literally "lets wait until another psycho decides to randomly confess to wanting to mass murder to me" I decided to focus more on building skillsets an shit.

Unrelated, some facts I posted are obsfucicated. big fucking surprise amirite.

>tfw you have personally told some of the most powerful people on earth to fuck off

why make a radio controlled car when you could just hack the firmware of the car that allready exists

you're making a hardware solution to a software problem user.

murderer? no dude, think older then that. You think it's a coincidence /b/ is the one part of the non "dark" web where you can find CP?

think with your head mang. Hell, what about the sarah palin leaks? the fact that /b/ has NEVER been transparent with it's moderation?

Sorry, the Car Hacker's Handbook is still on my backlog.

you realize that a tesla is essentially a fucking bomb right.

youtu.be/SMy2_qNO2Y0

not an engineer or anything, but if the overcharge protection is software based you could conceivably shut it off and fake a low battery signal. moron plugs in his car all night and boom.