Thoughts on monitor speakers? Since hearing music through pic related, I’ve been interested in buying some...

Thoughts on monitor speakers? Since hearing music through pic related, I’ve been interested in buying some. Are they also good for gaming and movies?

Attached: BA0B8726-4784-4FE9-91C0-DAD73990723C.jpg (500x500, 32K)

>gaming
>Movies
Jow Forums is not a tech review board.
Go back to where you belong.

kys retard

Also interested. These sound pretty good and I recently have been thinking of buying a pair

Monitor speakers are for monitoring. They are made to give you a flat, honest frequency response for production and audio editing.

Those are near fields bruh, meaning you gotta bear near them won't be good for entertaiment system

There is always some things that spill into other boards. Calm down you fucking retard

Attached: a.png (862x131, 7K)

I have KRK 6's,
Paid $80 slightly used from a friend.

I have them hooked up to my personal PC with an ART DAC and they're positioned extremely well.

They sound amazing, will blow your ears off. They will also fill a room/ house with sound with ease.
They're not totally flat like a traditional monitor because they have tone controls on them. Bass is heavy and rich if you want.

Get them, they're a great option.

All of those monitors are horrible without subwoofer, it's like listening to PA system, there's nothing under 100Hz.

Faggots here will try to sell you different story but shitty logitech z623 or z2300 will be much more pleasant listening experience for under ~$200.

Did same mistake, got some pretty nice Tannoy monitors only to be blown away when I moved back to my old 2.1 Bose system everyone was shitting over here.

I had monitors when I was younger and used to record some music as a hobby.
They really are pretty flat, I wouldn't have a problem watching movies using monitors, but it would be a slightly worse experience so no reason to pay extra for that.

If you want subbass you need 6.5 woofer. You sound like a massive retard and probably listen to nigger music on youtube.

>flat bad
I don't understand, user, what shape do you want your sound?

If you're gonna go the cheap monitor speaker route the JBL LSR305's are the only real bang for buck option.
I would argue they compete against "higher quality" models, and especially KRK 6's, I can vouch for that from a great deal of experience.

ignore the autists

if you're not planning on getting a sub, then go for the rokits or something a bit bass heavy. otherwise you can go for some yamahas hs5 and pair them with a sub

>more beeees guuud!!!
You are clueless. Having boosted lows dont make up for inability to produce lower frequencies. Yamaha hs5 are shit speakers.

Why would you buy such a thing for gaming and movies?

Budget: Logitech Z213 2.1 active desktop sprakers
Big Boy: get a real soundsystem and use a headset for gaming you fucking casual

>Having boosted lows dont make up for inability to produce lower frequencies

how to spot the retard

Adam masterrace reporting in

Attached: preview.jpg (600x600, 51K)

I used to have a pair of those, and yes they are awesome

How is it possible that everyone in this thread besides him doesn't know what monitors are for? And on Jow Forums of all places. Just what the fuck?

Do not ever buy krk, they're shit

Go with presonis Eris E series, cheap, neutral and butter to my ear (disclaimer I don't have any but i've been working with them a lot as a sound engineer)

Also generaly near field monitors are great for general purpose, but above a certain price point it won't matter if your room is shit.

It's true tho, if the speaker can't produce anything under 80hz, as most 5inches, then boosting the bass will just boost that general area, creating distortion more than anything, especially under that frequency.

most 5" got their -6dB point around the 50Hz mark

it's just a word
older krks are some of the best examples of sticking that term to an affordable active speaker and it doesn't just magically make it a better monitoring speaker, it's still rollercoaster response crap

How are they flat and honest sounding if there's a bottomless cliff starting below 100Hz.

Adam audio T
/thread

I saw a couple people in /ag/ talking about these ugly pieces of shit once. Are they any good?

Attached: iLoudMicro-large[1].jpg (750x581, 38K)

pretty good for the size

I get fatigue after using my hs8 for too long, honestly its an amazing phenomena

It's the treble. Flip the -2 db high trim on the back and it should help.

Yes, I use studio monitor. They are good.

Attached: 73A0D1AC-A5DC-4C17-A733-974531575A07.jpg (4032x3024, 1.81M)