Intel is throwing everything it got at AMD

be afraid AMDfags

Attached: 1535501564648.png (894x618, 238K)

just make a fucking 16 core i16 already and spend the extra 25 cents on a proper heatspreader

100*0 is still 0

Looks to me like the 8700k will rain supreme in terms of value for some years to come.

I will, Intel integrated graphics are truly horrific.

The security vulnerabilities alone will prevent me from buying Incel shit ever again. I already built a new AMD desktop and I'm currently setting aside a litte over $200 a month for a POWER9 workstation. Fuck Intel.

Attached: 01D32FEF268F4521BD6066B467A18256.jpg (400x400, 24K)

Fuck the both of these kikes.

Kill the x86 jew and get me RISC-V

Same all in waiting now is a decent Ryzen based laptop

Show me where the 3GHz+ RISC-V chips are that don't require blobs. There are none because RISC-V is for niggers. It's a stupid redditor pipe dream. By the way, only the ISA is open. There's no guarantee of open source silicon. It's not the GPL for hardware, dumbass.

I went back to my old G4 MacBook with Debian. It's good enough for emails, spreadsheets, and lurking Jow Forums from NetSurf.

Attached: 1540709433667.png (665x670, 176K)

Freedom is a ladder I chose to seize the next rung!

Attached: 1534222270706.jpg (480x792, 39K)

gonna build a pc soon with a budget around $1200. Ive already decided to go with Ryzen but am I fucking myself over going with Radeon too? This will be my first ever build so I dont have much of a reference

Your metaphor is gay and you should feel bad.

Go with an AMD graphics card. At some point you're gonna have problems with Windows and you'll want something supported in Linux for either quick troubleshooting or dual booting.

go with a really shit cheap amd for this back up he's talking about
go with geforce for gaming
i had ati/amd and i kept getting stuttering in games. my picture viewer in windows kept going really slow. of course i just when i got the card, switched to w7. whatever. so, thought, It was windows 7 doing it. stayed on xp until it died right. well, fuck whatever, got a nvidia card, and my pictures dont lag, ran like they did in xp with the picture viewer in 7. no stuttering in games, smooth. no lags. better fps.

980 gtx vs r9 390. besides maybe the 980s better/newer, the ati shouldnt of had lagged with picture viewer.
so why did i just remove the ati, put in the nvidia and install, the drivers. and my picture viewer work?
..last time iasked this, someone said ati is shit

What OS will you use?
Makes a huge difference in choice

AMD has a good market in midrange cards. If you're not after a midrange card then don't go AMD. Well more like mid-high. High range in this case is like 2080Ti/Titan level high so keep that in mind.

didnt AMD cards spike in quality when Lisa Su took over? Alot of people make it seem like they are now competitive with Nvidia in the midrange.
Windows for games, and possibly a Linux distro if any programming projects will benifit from the environment.

Nvidia has more front ends like nvidia-settings and goliath-OUFX on ubuntu that gives you a lot of tuning control, good 10 bit color, but seems to suffer on their low end/ low power from major frametime issues especially in OpenGL applications.
You need to get the nvidia-dkms driver for it to work properly so it doesn't flake out if you change kernel.
Feature rich and solid. Never improves performance though so what you see is what you get.
Really fucking good Vulkan support on the latest.

AMD's free and open drivers are actually really good and fully responsive out of the box but have less fancy and less well known/tested front ends like radeon-profile but everything is smooth as fuck under normal circumstances.
There are free performance updates but still some bugs and lacking features that are being worked on.
Here's a big one: Nvidia doesn't have GPU reset, if you give a kernel parameter into grub and you overclock or something bad happens on your AMD GPU it can kill the graphical job and recover without you needing to reset the computer. This has so far saved me many times and helped me test overclocks on my MXM without having to reset my computer.
Full vulkan stream support and gallium D3D is only on the experimental mesa drivers so far. Coming in 2019.

Attached: 1530426039031.png (717x429, 320K)

overpriced un-optimized trash

300W housefire when?

Attached: 1543974376003.png (1112x833, 74K)

>value
You funny user, you.

During CES, AMD should reveal a low end 28 core Threadripper and OC it to 5GHz with a custom loop just to spite Intel.

Reading and Actually having stock to sell is two different things
4 MONTHS WITH NO CPUS AVAIBLE TO OEM CHANNELS IS KILLING INTEL

The EOMA68 guys want to do an open 28nm SoC with four RISCV64 cores and a GPU.

>incoming ryzen 3000 6c/12t for 100$
well yeah it might not OC or single thread as the oced 8700k.. but value?

Ryzen 3 3300 6/12 3.2Ghz 4.0GHz 50w $99
Ryzen 3 3300X 6/12 3.5GHz 4.3GHz 65w $129
Ryzen 3 3300G 6/12 3.0GHz 3.8GHz 65w $129
129$ i guess

>Intel readies niche, enthusiast product that barely sold enough units last year to justify it's existence
>to compete with a product that AMD doesn't even have
>BE AFRAID AMDFAGS

>Housefireā„¢ into a small package
>Throttles like hell
>Literally a NUCe

Attached: 1394809751705.png (625x626, 479K)

>14+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Attached: 1483035444669.jpg (303x317, 23K)

>14nm cpu with Iris graphics
lmao

Who buys NUCs?

Indians.

>300W?
>Why not 500W?
>Let's do 1000W!

that's like those monkey throwing poop at each other

> Intel 8 core 16 thread NUC
The power supply will be twice the size of the NUC itself.

>NetSurf
you can't even use firefox on that? jeez how crap is apple
i can use ff63 on a pentium3

> Power9 workstation
What will you use it for? Which OS will run on it? Genuine questions.

intel has no value

8/16 in a nuc.

enjoy your 1ghz cpu.

this shit will burn itself, and the powerbrick will be 2x the size of the actual NUC
>tfw raja is probably a double agent that will make intellaviv fall even further on the sandpit that theyl put theirself

>8 core 14nm+++++++++++++ NUC
must be hot as fuck or very low frequency. can't wait for 7nm mini PCs.

Still going to use a i5 3570 OC to 4.2 GHz. Once companies dump their stock of newest pumped out cores, then I'll upgrade for pennies.

Attached: 1541894492846.jpg (498x444, 58K)

Sounds like it will still be 4x more expensive while only giving 1.1x better performance and that's before spectre/meltdown fixes.

This.

Software support has literally nothing to do with the logo on the case and everything to do with Linux distributions, their software packaging, available dependencies, and architectural differences. Fuck off, x86 street shitter.

I plan on using Debian and then compiling CDE for it. Hopefully it'll have GIMP, Chromium, Libre Office, and QEMU packages available. Other than basic home desktop usage I also plan on spinning up some Mac OS 9 and OS X 10.4 VMs in QEMU and seeing how well they perform. I'll have to read up on exactly how the acceleration works because I've heard KVM doesn't work for OS X Tiger due to memory management differences between a G4/G5 and POWER9 or something like that.

>i9 in a NUC
More like NUClear reactor lmao

> must be hot as fuck or very low frequency.
Probably about 12MHz

There's no such chip, because it's not necessary to clock that high for a RISC cpu. If you run CISC you will end up needing more clock cycles to process the amount of complex and encapsulated arithmetic calculation parallel, to be on time with a result, RISC doesn't work like that.

You have no fucking idea what you are talking about.

>EOMA68
They are 1.2GHz

>shitposts about "muh intel 10nm"
>Turns out they're planning 22nm
>shitposts about "muh 6million shoah watts kiketels"
>inb4, releases a dual core 50million soah watts cpu
Intelkike-pajeets should choke on a shotgun and pull the trigger.

>RISC-V
it wont ever be a thing, maybe they will end up dominating small low performance devices because on their design structure but for those that need actual power x86 wil be the main way to go.

Seething faggot shitter kikes can't compete with anti-semitic technology.

Attached: 1541538140567.jpg (1536x2048, 470K)

This but unironically.

what is there to be afraid of exactly?
believe-it-when-I-see-it 10core housefires?

oi vey!

somebody please shoop chiplets in that special cross pattern.

>frylake refresh #99749502734234

oh no

I am scared of Intel products
monolith shit is housefire by design

with amd radeon vega 20?
:^)

navi says 1080+15%, so don't do it till then, driver wise, amd is better than nvidia as nvidia puts out bugged mess a lot of the time now.

7nm 8 core amd now, and next year get a 16 core upgrade when they come down to the 200$ range and sell the 8 core.

Sorry but me as a end user, even with a Talos POWER9 workstation for main use, will still require x86_64, because a lot of proprietary software I use is compiled only for that.
Even when working on killing x86, I still have to use x86 on the side, until things change.

RISC-V is years, if not decades away, if ever.

intel should package it with 7nm navi.
now they can market it as 7nm.
huehuehue.

>that skull

I'm afraid

>Throwing everything at AMD
Except for ECC or competitive price points

>RISC-V is years, if not decades away, if ever.
Just years, not decades. The first devboards are available, the first kernel code for risc-v modules already have been pushed to mainline. It's just a matter of time.

>Sorry but me as a end user, even with a Talos POWER9 workstation for main use, will still require x86_64, because a lot of proprietary software I use is compiled only for that.
The end user will take whatever marketing strategy is most successful and your use case doesn't need to be the same for others. Android and iOS happily co-exist on a completely different architecture, that is not compatible to another, it's fine, it works and it supports competition.

>Even when working on killing x86, I still have to use x86 on the side, until things change.
Change is not a hard cut, any change that's enforces it, is a destructive change and nobody would accept that. It'll start off with small appliances, then it'll find its way for security bs, then all the PCI, HIPAA faggots will jump on the wagon, and at some point you have a mixed environments of everything that has been built in the past 30 years. From SPARC, Itanium, x86_64, ARM, OpenPOWER and RISC-V. I can already tell you that we have at least 3 different architectures in our DCs, this is not uncommon.

I don't see where anything you mention is an issue.

And actually good products.

> afraid
> at Intel
> 2019
Top laf m8

Pickletrips. I did. They make great (literally) little servers with all those USB 3 ports. Slap all your hard drives in a box, stick a NUC to the side - the ultimate poorfag NAS.

I'm kind of mad that all the cool shit only comes out next year. I have to buy a new build now. Seriously, why do i always end up needing a new build when a new generation leap is coming a year later? Now i have to pay almost two grand and i will still be at the bottom of the barrel in just one year. I can't even buy cheap shit to get by that one year because i need the performance now.

Damn this all to hell.

This. I'd like to add, if the US government can halt the import of Chinese goods for security reasons, why the fuck isn't there a ban on Intel? I mean, think about the implications this could have in a country who literally leads the world in tech and internet services. This could effect our economy in very bad ways.

>portable housefire

>He hasn't seen the coal powered version.

Attached: coal_powered_nuc.jpg (1000x562, 101K)

I did, biggest regret for x86 based hardware that i ever had. They are way to hot in idle, they have immense performance spikes with minimal load, the throttle a lot because they can't handle constant load. NUCs before Skylake and below i5, are somewhat ok, NUCs that came with and after Skylake are complete garbage.

Don't ever buy NUCs, don't ever buy Intel. If you want solid, buy AMD, OpenPOWER, ARM or MIPS