RIP GPU PRICES

I can't fucking wait

Attached: 1515178996239.png (534x199, 19K)

Other urls found in this thread:

techrepublic.com/article/samsung-hynix-micron-sued-for-dram-price-fixing-that-could-have-raised-pc-prices/
pcpartpicker.com/list/fWCftg
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

wtf I love AMD now

Oh shit, affordable SSAA is in grasp.

Fake, AMD doesn't have any new cards coming out soon.

The day of suffering for cryptofucks has finally come. You just KNOW it's causing suicides right now.

>poovi being 1 year away
>look guys this pic that someone pulled out of his ass is real xD

Lol I only paid retail for my 1080 and 56 at the peak of the boom and only used them for gaming

>x299
>let's call it x399

>RTX 2080
>lol 3080 :^)

What's wrong with amd?

Attached: tapestry,940x-bg,f8f8f8-c,110,110,705,602.2.jpg (705x602, 63K)

>The day of suffering for cryptofucks has finally come
wow you have some news to catch up on, kiddo

Attached: Screenshot_20181207_071512.png (1139x962, 202K)

The TDP numbers give it away.

Same with the 56. I regret not screwing some idiot out of a grand.

i hope they all kill themselves

pretty sure miners are on suicide watch if they haven't offed themselves yet. The biggest ASIC guy launched an IPO and went bankrupt almost immediately after

bitmain? they haven't gone bankrupt yet

>yet
Have you seen bitcoin recently? Shit's a garbage dump fire

Yeah but when will RAM become cheap

soon
techrepublic.com/article/samsung-hynix-micron-sued-for-dram-price-fixing-that-could-have-raised-pc-prices/

>daily Jow Forumspccuckrace kvetching

kys

Until China makes their own fabs, Korea will shrug and pay whatever "fine" this entails while doing absolutely nothing. We're nowhere near DDR3 prices yet

Wat? You do realize that new and cheap GPUs are their wet dream? They'll just dump their old stuff and move on, the thing they care about is hash rates, power consumption and performance, the price of their old GPUs is an afterthought

They aren't buying GPUs anymore as mining isn't profitable. They no longer influence the price

God those crypto miner fucks ruined GPU prices for like 20 months. Now it's just RAM being overpriced right now.

Where the fuck is the HBM?

Didn't they do this before? They'll probably make the money back almost right away.

>rx 3080, 3070, 3060
Wtf is this shit, amd or nvidia?
Am I being memed?

Being cheeky. It's kind of adorable.

>Now it's just RAM being overpriced right now.
The kikes will keep the prices up. Same with SSDs, fucking kikes literally slowing down human evolution.

Just as they did with Intel, they could go and steal the 3000 series name from Nvidia just to spite them.

Doing things out of "spite" or "cheekiness" is fine on a personal level. But AMD is a business, and risks confusing customers.

Clearly distinguishable names are better. AMD should go with RX6xx, since we are just about done with RX5xx.

Best AMD could manage for past few years was housefires, most recently a 250w house heater on a 12nm process.
>AMD will do half that TDP in the next gen xD

no

>The kikes will keep the prices up. Same with SSDs, fucking kikes literally slowing down human evolution.
don't worry, china is about to save us

Attached: 1528781044404.png (651x813, 651K)

>risks confusing customers
That's the idea. Assuming the rumor is accurate, it would have the 3060 performing around the 1060, the 3070 performing around the 1070, and the 3080 performing around the 1080. So you could argue that would make it more straightforward for customers who might already be familiar with Nvidia branding, like taking the 3-5-7 scheme from Intel. But the obvious ploy is that consumers would compare them to the 2060, 2070, and 2080 instead, plus better because it's 3000 instead of 2000.

It's a dirty tactic yes, but against the even dirtier and sometimes straight up illegal tactics AMD's been up against from Intel and Nvidia? This is nothing. In fact, I've seen people argue they should be pulling more of this type of shit, because at a certain point, being the only non-cheater in a competition is basically a self-imposed handicap.

AMD had RX first, and nvidia named their new cards RTX. I would say this was the first punch, and AMD simply punched back.

jacket man is fuming.
he has a lot of 1060 overstock to sell.

>tfw hodling 1.2 eth
why didn't i just sell?

I did not like it when nVidia rebranded cards. When AMD did the same, I did not support that either. I did not say to myself:
>being the only non-cheater in a competition is basically a self-imposed handicap

Consistency.

>amd being the housefire maker
nice troll

>believing these prices

stop being a naive gullible faggot

Attached: 1480456860153.jpg (602x690, 59K)

sony is pushing navi to be a gaymen card instead of a multipurpose card.

For GPU's, yes
Look at the rx590, 1060 tier performance at +80% power draw.
Vega is synonymous with ridiculous power draw too.

I say this with my build being an r5 2600 and rx580

y-you can undervolt it and save 30% power.

>RX 3xxx price
>Ryzen 3xxx price
I want to believe.

Amd has been doing the 'cheeky' thing ever since Zen came out. 'Ryzen' from the ashes. 'Epyc' server cpus, 'Poor Volta' dabs at Novidya. Threadripper - of all names. I totally imagine them making 'Threadripper OMGWTFBBQ' top part at some point and a 'Dozen' 12/24 mainstream cpu.

do you guys not remember the vega pricing fiasco?

yeah but it doesn't have RTX therefor trash. also doesn't matter if nvidia cards this time around use more power / run hotter because they support RTX.

>just bought a 1080 for $300

Attached: shrug.gif (499x315, 481K)

Mining will be profitable again with these new 7nm GPUs

>MSRP $199
>retail price $399

you just know that's what will happen

>ARE TEE EXX GUISE!!

Attached: 1540299637064.png (1296x1458, 217K)

Everything sub 350watts does not qualify as housefire
You are spoiled fucks

>AMDrones hype shit up again
>3080 is 2070
(lol

Then Nvidia coughs up their own 7nm cards and the RTX 3070 is at 2080 levels.

Because people are gullible idiots and actually will buy bigger number thinking bigger is better.

desu senpai 1080 for $300 is a great deal. that's coming from a die hard would suck amd's cock fanboy.

Attached: Capt55ure.jpg (730x772, 91K)

>What's wrong with amd?
asking to be leveled by intel and nvidia

they may be laughing today but they will be crying once bankruptcy hits and these two companies team up together

>steal

AMD had the RX name way before nvidia had RTX and the the numbers line up with their new cpu's. It's not their fault nvidia jumped from 1000 to 2000.

>they may be laughing today but they will be crying once bankruptcy hits and these two companies team up together
congrats, this is the most autistic shit I've read in a long time.

Because you deserve to suffer greedy fuck

Yeah ah well only got ripped off on ram Ddr4 never again

>If I simply don't mention the prices it'll make AMD look bad :^)
2070 performance for $250 is fucking great. Of course, that'll force nvidia not to fuck around and release something actually good in response, but the fact that you're trying to paint these alleged performance levels in a negative light is pretty pathetic.

you forgot
>i3, i5, i7
>r3, r5, r7
butthurt led to >r9
and the most epic one was the burn with EPYC
>Intel EPIC
>AMD EPYC

i think it mostly because people are used to rate CPU's/GPU's by labels like i3, i5, i7 1060/70/80
so it is convenient to use same metric for AMD CPU's/HPU's since you can tell that r5 position itself as intel's i5 cpu
or maybe they just like ebin memes

>believing this made up "leak" at all
Don't get me wrong I'm an AMD guy but you have to be pretty gullible to think this is legit. "RX 3080" to compete with RTX 2080? Sounds like something a six year old would come up with.

half of Jow Forums must've actually roped themselves

Attached: btc.png (649x298, 28K)

stop spouting nonsense
AMD can't afford to differentiate anymore
I wish they would have built on terascale, but the big money is just not in gaming

THIRTY YEARS OF HURT NEVER STOPPED ME DREAMING

Attached: 1493755321871s.jpg (204x250, 9K)

quick rundown? can i finally replace my R9 280X?

>it's still 640$ + in Poland
fuck you

Screw AMD, Nvidia is better.

AMD allows cryptominers to buy all their stock. They are greedy and don't protect their average consumer.

One of the flaws of capitalism, those with all the money just buy it all.

Intel teamed with AMD though, sometimes.

>AMD had the RX name way before nvidia had RTX

The nVidia branding actually makes sense though, they're named after their hardware realtime raytracing engine.

It's like whining Ferrari copied Ford using the GT name, but not realising it stands for Gran Turismo.

>Nvidia is better
>AMD are greedy
Nigga are you saying Nvidia isn't greedy? Have you seen their pricing on their products?

Attached: 1529673167499.png (1280x720, 1.56M)

bitmain aren't bankrupt and they won't be. they make mining ASICs. They will be fine but many of their customers won't be. The people who sell shovels in a gold-rush don't care if half the people buying them don't make a profit as long as they keep on selling enough shovels to be profitable.

don't forget the immense profitability of shorting a falling knife

Nvidia is just pricing their high end correctly. you don't need that much power unless you're an enthusiast.

Gtx 1060 6gb, 1070, 1070 ti are pretty affordable and run ALL games at 60+ fps.

Why wrong? Blind drones see bigger numbers and buy things. How do you think nvidia got comfortable to begin with?

>pricing their high end correctly
you're right, the correct price for a product from any corporations point of view is the price that produces the most profit. Nvidia has some pretty high margins on their mid-range cards like the 1080 and 2080. They can because AMD simply isn't there. Don't kid yourself, nvidia's products are grossly overpriced. And it's the right thing to do from their point of view, if you want 2080ti levels of performance then the choice is buying a 2080ti and that's it. The result is that all of nvidias offerings are grossly overpriced from a consumer point of view.

please kill yourself

>AMD can't afford to differentiate anymore
That's exactly what they are doing.

>One of the flaws of capitalism, those with all the money just buy it all.
there should be state enforced volume purchase penalties instead of discounts

Where can I buy ancient graphics cards? I want support for 256 color mode.

ebay.

>mfw just bought a 1070 Ti on sale and it's being delivered today

Attached: 6fdc2b8ef987f85067d4dc8430f6c52b.jpg (500x500, 17K)

>what is NAVI

Those prices aren't that unreasonable when you figure you pay $300 for 1070 performance now, so why shouldn't 1080 performance cost about the same on a smaller and more advanced 7nm? Nvidia will keep playing the "2x the cost for 10% more performance" meme anyway

Attached: 1543411022138.jpg (595x886, 132K)

Feels good being a "just wait"fag

Attached: 1543891487962.png (543x534, 234K)

they will be sued for $3 billion in the next 12 months. maybe this will change something

ETH dropping is enough to show your faggot nu-beard.

>like taking the 3-5-7 scheme from Intel
from bmw you mean

I did too, and I'm returning it. I even got Monster Hunter World (and some shitty Fortnite pack I'll give to my son) free out of it. I am out about $10 to ship it back though.

I'm shipping pretty much everything I bought back except the PSU which I got for a steal, and the RAM which I'll put in my laptop. With this new shit that's coming out, I'll be able to build a rig way better for the same price, and I won't be roped into dropping $500-600 on the G-sync scam.

>75W
The cheapest one looks tempting as fuck. I was about to get rx570 or 560. Guess I'll wait for a while.

Well, AMD was kinda fucked in the ass by nVidia from every side and without any lube..
nVIDIA was kinda pussy turning GTX into RtX.

>I want to destroy the advantages of economies of scale, which is why cheap disposable things exist, because my desired object is in high demand and therefore out of reach for my wagecuck hands

Navi won't come till q3 2019 at earliest. Depending on what nvidia puts out by then these prices are definitely too low. Likely 300/200/150 with a 100 usd card later a la rx550 but with rx 570 performance

>Use GPU for ram

>tfw still using i5-4690k CPU and GTX770 GPU
>have no real need to upgrade for at least another year or two

Wew, by that time DDR5 will be out, there'll be another 1-2 release cycles on GPUs and CPUs, and the 4k and high refresh memes will be cheaper, I'm preemptively excited for my next computer, shit's gonna be awesome by then.

Chad amd

Someone post that fake Tom's Hardware bar graph of 64 and 2080

I really hope they are efficient like this. that would be perfect

lmao I just saw that.
It's desperation. They know how little of the market they have.

I don't know what the fuck happened, but they went from having the shittiest marketing on the planet to nonstop banter and parody of other brands, and I love it