HAPPENING!!!

7NM ARM IS HERE!!!

Attached: 1524334683879.png (919x591, 378K)

Good, I just want x86 to die.

Can't wait to see chink phones with 5k mAh with this.

Meanwhile, Intel is stuck at 14 nm.

Not only that, but their 7nm is on track for AFTER 10nm. We're talking 2021 at least while everyone else will be on 5nm going to 3nm.

And you want ARM instead?

>not wanting 1w super ARM cpu

I want competition, not a duopoly

it's not going away any time soon. this new 8cx, which is pretty fucking awesome, has been reported to only reach same performance of i5 u-series but with really good battery life. still a long way to go.

But that means that if they up the size of the core it can have the same performance for the same power.

Is it true that RISK processors are much better power consumers than CISK ones?

Are you retarded? Apple's A12 and A12x were already 7nm for several months and they're both ARM

yep. future is looking good for ARM.

RISC with extension = CISC

>Is it true that RISK processors are much better power consumers than CISK ones?
no.

that's not how the memory addressing works but okay

AMD eats intel from above, Qualcomm eats Intel from the bottom, is this best timeline real?

Nobody cares, iFuck

But I heard in my comp architecture class that they tend to have longer battery life’s.

woah 16GB ram whoah

>competition

You know that x86 isn't a company, right?

Okay, wise guy, list all the companies that have a license to use the x86-64 ISA and all the extensions.

>implying there can't be competition in R&D

>and all the extensions
You're retarded. intel and AMD both have had dozens of random X86 instruction sets to their name, neither one of them mirrored the other. You don't need to copy every inane instruction set out there for a given ISA. VIA still exists by the way.

> intel and AMD both have had dozens of random X86 instruction sets to their name
"their" as in them and only them, it's how the cross-licensing agreement goes

>5k mAh
>five thousand thousandths ampere hours

kek

Yes, as long as the RISC design is not so basic that its fetching 1000x more instructions than the CISC equivalent.

They're not inherently better at power consumption. It's just easier to lower their power consumption than the equivalent CISK CPU, if that ever becomes a design goal.

hello newfriend

It depends, but generally it's easier to make that so.

>only reach same performance of i5 u-series
>only
That's more than enough for 90%, if not more, laptop users.

>RISC
*points to the....thing...that is the POWER Arch ISA
hmmmm
it's basically a CISC but with RISC addressing
wew lad

sounds promising but the problem is, x86 is standard unlike arm world where is 6 gazillion different hw setups which cannot be run without specific (outdated) bootloaders and drivers

Nice of you to join us.

Attached: 20180914-apple-a12-bionic-schiller-speech-02.jpg (1966x1010, 187K)

If you can't install linux on it,
or find drivers for it, it's useless.

Windows on ARM is still shit.

windows on RISC *at large*
is shit

LOL

Attached: Screen Shot 2018-12-07 at 8.17.21 pm.png (172x382, 18K)

Lol

5Ah you mean

Windows on anything is shit

>qualcomm
guaranteed back doors

That one itoddler faggot pushing Applel chips as "LOLOLOLOL BETTUR THEN X86 AND CRAPDRAGON BTFO BTFO BTFO" can get rekt

what doesn't these days?
Talos doesn't count for about 90% users