Arch is good but not stable enough, Kubuntu is a half-assed, buggy piece of horseshit. However...

Arch is good but not stable enough, Kubuntu is a half-assed, buggy piece of horseshit. However, KDE is just too fucking comfy. Wat do? Is KDE Neon any better or should I go full OpenPEPE?

Attached: kubuntuBB.png (1026x580, 444K)

Put KDE over Debian, you'll feel at home and get decent stability. A sensible choice.
Better yet, Devuan. Debian without systemdicks, easy to setup and comes with KDE tickbox in the installer. (use installer DVD image not live image)

OP here. Nevermind I figured it out.

You should install Q4OS with TDE. It's really the only sane way to use Linux on the desktop at this point. If you don't like TDE there's a version with KDE Plasma. Haven't tried that yet but it probably has pretty sane defaults and rock solid stability just like this version. Q4OS uses Debian as the base by the way, so it's perfectly compatible with all the software you wanna run.

Attached: snapshot2.png (1280x1024, 266K)

Manjaro KDE is by far the best OOB KDE

Neon

What is it with Neon? People rather love it or shit all over it.

Aren't they holding back packages, pretty much destroying the bleeding edge aspect of Arch which is the distros biggest pro.

Just Debian with KDE. it’s stable, comfy, and just werks.

By a few weeks at most.. for better stability. Been using it for years and shit broke more often in Windows and ubuntu.

>Arch is not stable

Attached: 1535359316921s.jpg (125x119, 3K)

been running and updating the same Gentoo install since +5 years never had a single issue.

If you once properly setup Gentoo (which isn't hard really) it will run forever and on anything including a literal toaster.

arch is less stable than Windows which I never thought was possible desu

>Kubuntu is a half-assed, buggy piece of horseshit
never had any problem with it

>Arch
>not stable
Only people who have never used Arch say this

Kubuntu has been pretty good since 18.04. They are actually making sensible changes to the default configuration now like disabling single click mouse behaviour.

Been there, done that. Yes, you want OpenPepe. You won't regret it ( go with 'leap' thou ).

*delids your files*
*uses up your internet*
*forces updates which kill your work because the hdd is busy*
*restarts your pc when you're in the middle rendering your work*
*blue screens of doh something happened :( *
*takes forever to finish updating and restarting making your pc unusable taking your from time*
meanwhile arch has none of those problems and just werks

Windows 7 have none of these problems.
Meanwhile arch is for disgusting shitskins.

Attached: erbrwl7rr3t11.png (1074x563, 102K)

KDE Neon is great, go for it.
Integration of the android phone is awesome, you can share notifications, share clipboard (very useful), the list goes on and on

>microsoft dev team

Attached: techsupport.jpg (300x168, 9K)

bullshits, never had a problem in 3 years

That actually looks extremely comfy and well put together. I've never heard of TDE, is it still maintained? And what exactly is Q4OS?

I keep coming back to manjaro

>expecting stability from rolling release
are you retarded? go use lts distro

TDE is KDE
Old KDE

Trinity is actually still maintained.
Microsoft stole a lot of stuff from Trinity for Vista/ 7 back in the day.
Wherever KDE goes, it's just good.

Q4OS is nice but I wish it didn't try it's damnedest to BE windows. Just look the part and get out of my way.

openSUSE has the best KDE OOTB
>for better stability
lmao and it's somehow worse than regular Arch

install gentoo faggot

KDE Debian is pretty good

Fedora Is very stable.

Windows 7 is old and is really showing its age. It's a piece of shit but manchildren on Jow Forums can't accept it

Currently using 18.04 on a X230, before that 16.04 on a Dell Latitude. Always had loads of problems. Anything from changing the wallpaper to resuming a session has crashed Kwin. Had been using Neon for a while then, which was a lot better but had wifi issues all the time. I might try OpenSUSE because it has been shilled here for quite some time, now. Always wanted to try a rpm based distribution.

Install Fedora and use GNOME.

TRy bunsen labs if you still want debian. I use arch labs and have only had one problem with it from using it the last year and a half.

With Gnome it sure is.

> permanent beta is very stable
No.

Hell no. KDE, Xfce or a WM are the only acceptable choices.

Have been using that for years on my toaster, pretty gud. However, I really like KDE, why the fuck is there no stable distro that supports it.

Honestly, Arch is perfectly stable. The only issues I've had involved having to rename a folder a couple of times. Pacman is good about letting you know what the issues are, and 99.9% of the time, updates won't install until these issues are addressed. I wouldn't call this unstable.

I know, most of the time minor stuff breaks and quickly gets fixed. While you're right about it not being completely unstable it certainly isn't totally stable, either.

Are packages stable on devuan??

Attached: 4L_HRnzpc3X.jpg (1024x512, 31K)

WINDOWS 7 GOOD.
OPINION MAKES ME MAD.

Attached: 1543577917209.jpg (400x400, 71K)

Onions

Basedboy
Onions-boy
basedboys

>hurr durr, arch is not stable
what do you mean? I've used arch with KDE without any problem for more than a year.
Unless you install gayland plasma
gayland should only be used with GAYNOME

OR JUST USE OPENPEPE, YOU DUMB FUCK

Alpine.

>and quickly gets fixed.
Not even. It's not about things shipping broken, what happens is, for whatever reason, they'll just out of nowhere decide to change the name of a critical file in an update. It's annoying, but they tell you this on their front page and it's pretty easy to infer what the necessary step is, based on pacmans output. It'll usually say something to the effect of: "Some_File does not exist, update cancelled."Most cases you either rename the problem file or create one with the proper name.Arch is no more complicated or unstable as any other distro.

Wayland is shit no matter where you use it.

it works with GNOME though
and I wish that one day it replaces xorg entirely
xorg does suck, but gayland is unstable piece of shit now

Neon has nothing to do with WiFi. It's just a repo for up to date KDE that runs on LTS Ubuntu.

I know but somehow about 1 in three times I resumed a suspended session the connection would break for some strange reason.

söy

>Manjaro
>best
Pick one.

Manjaro

>I've never used Fedora: The post

Update to 18.10 it solved a lot of problems and it's faster or just try Neon

>people that don't understand what stable means

Attached: photo_2018-12-06_09-32-06.jpg (800x480, 29K)

it means it werks without breaking
not old

gnome gayland stutters mpv a little, that's a deal breaker for me

one day it will work for GNOME and all other DEs

it werks right now in gnome aside from that video stutter
and also elsewhere IF you don't use xorg applications cos that tends to be a bit messy altho it werks

fpbp
How Debian and devuan aren't the go-to for noobs over niggerbuntu I'll never understand