Why tho?

why tho?

Attached: Screen Shot 2018-12-07 at 11.03.11 AM.png (2276x1224, 2.21M)

Other urls found in this thread:

vimeo.com/97328768
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

remember when they tried to make phones as small as possible?
what the actual fuck happened?
we're now literally past the actual size of ericsson bricks from 1992 and there is no sign of stopping
women already need a separate fucking bad to carry their motherfucking phone, shit is ridiculous

Why not tho.

SHUT UP AND BUY IT

why not? looks T H I CC and comfy

Because like with computers, cell phones were initially bulky due to technological constraints, and their scope was much narrower. It had to make calls, and that was it. When that's your goal, trying to make everything as small as possible makes sense.

Then the WWW came along, and we realized it'd be pretty neat to browse the internet on our phones, in which case smaller is not better. The use case changed, and so thus did the form factor.

As for this foldable, half tablet shit, it's years away from making sense. Like someone on Jow Forums said a few days ago, this is a combination of a crappy tablet and a crappy phone.

Oh and vid related:
vimeo.com/97328768

timestamp 2:39

>phone folds open into a tablet
I'd buy this specifically to make calls and browse clover on the shitter.

Attached: chigurh.jpg (635x357, 35K)

>touch screen design, people tend to browse internet and watch videos on their phones, even play video games
>g..guys! I don't understand, why phones are so big now???
you must be 18 to post here

>remember when they tried to make phones as small as possible?
yeah, that was when talking into them was the only thing they could be used for.

I can see the shitty games getting an even bigger market for this foldable crap

>having a brick in your pocket is comfy
1 step forward, 2 back

Just like my dick, phones should've stopped at 5"

>remember when they tried to make phones as small as possible?
Ultra slim super tiny hardware is fucking dumb anyway, and is part of a retarded trend of form over function. I'd rather have a phone with a tiny bit of extra thickness that has a headphone jack, removable battery, better durability, etc. than some paper thin piece of shit that's uncomfortable to handle and will bend like a piece of wet spaghetti if I look at it the wrong way. You're also always going to be limited by the size of the human hand, too: past a certain point, small is just impractical and retarded, and there's actually somewhat of a reason to have larger phones with big screens these days for media consumption and the like.

This thing was kind of cool, though.

Attached: pantec_c300_1.jpg (400x400, 100K)

Being larger doesn't mean your screen won't crack if you drop it or have a removable battery. Samshit has already proven this.

Being smaller doesn't mean your screen won't crack if you drop it or have a removable battery.
iShit has already proven this.

I think the point of phones like in the OP is so that it can be compact when you want it but if you'd like some more screen real estate you can expand it. Best of both worlds, really.

Pockets stay SWOLE

Glad you agree that has nothing to do with size.

Makes it easier to hide a boner

So it's small and pocketable when you need it to be, and so, you know, it's small enough to make calls on, but also folds out to a nice big screen when you want to use it for webshit/videos/games. Best of both worlds.

Its a step in the right direction. Its either the one—device—for—everything future, or brain—implants future.

Are you serious? It's a really great step in the right direction for ubiquitous computing. Sometimes I wonder how people can be so retarded on a technology forum.

Current state is not really visually appealing especially when closed, but if they'll make it thinner when closed the end a little bit bigger when opened you will be able to do everything in one device except for specific use cases.

Remember the past years big innovations were the notch and the removal of jack port

Me too

The folded phone looks small enough for me one-hand comfortably, and when it's unfolded it should be better than current phones for games and media. Probably the most exciting development in the industry for me since decent touchscreens.