Why do normies pay 3000$ for 100$ hardware?

Why do normies pay 3000$ for 100$ hardware?

Attached: mbp15touch-space-select-201807_GEO_GB.jpg (452x420, 65K)

social status

The hardware costs exceed $100, please stop spreading misinformation.

Social status and ignorance as user said.

yes but I can buy used hardware equivalent for 100$

>123$
>not $123
do you live in rock bottom?

that screen alone is wort way more than that

For real though it's a way for poor people to cope with their crippling poverty. However *knock on wood* this ironically makes them even poorer than they already were in the first place. These are the same people that drink starbucks coffee, drive around $500/month lease cars, and have multiple credit cards maxed out. You're dam right they'll abuse bankruptcy laws at least TWICE in their lifetimes to do it all over again.

Attached: cadet_bonespurs_reporting_for_duty.jpg (737x491, 36K)

t. an actual retard

i can seriously get the same hardware for about 250usd, dont know why anyone would buy them

I'm not even exaggerating, credit card debt is at an all time high AGAIN. It roughs out to about $10,000 per person able to get them.

Attached: credit card debt feb 2017.jpg (1052x579, 62K)

It's a nice laptop, $3000 is not much.

That 10k corolates with multiple credit cards and poor people getting them. Remember only the financially elite with perfect credit can get 10K or more. You're dam right the average smuchk has like 4 2K credit cards or more and can barely pay the minimum.

This whole societal pressure to not be seen as "poor" has actually manifested itself into actual infinitely perpetuating poverty that can only be escape by nuking your credit for like 10 years. It's very sad desu.

Attached: 1521830159820.png (760x400, 381K)

are both of your parents jewish?

Time to buy bitcoin.

It's actually $5K when you factor in the interest. Also what does this $3K machine do better than a refurbished ~$500 i7 16GB RAM gaymen laptop?

Attached: Screenshot_2018-12-07-09-53-37(1).jpg (720x1035, 283K)

> what does this $3K machine do better than a refurbished ~$500 i7 16GB RAM gaymen laptop?
Looks.

you can actually take the macbook with you to uni or work

And spend $200/year buying the loto because you'll definitely get it this time, right?

Why would you care about looks? Do you also wear $400 sneakers?

I remember the last time dollar crashed, buying bitcoin in that regard looks like a _sane_ way to save money, especially when people will run from it to gold, maybe euros and crypto, ofc.

Because there are no alternatives.

It's not that I value look that high, I just replied what it does better.

Word of advice to young people in this thread: start getting really comfortable only eating rice, beans, chicken, and paper thin steaks so you can pay off your college loans faster so you can begin paying off a 200-300K house mortage in 15 years so you can retire by the time you're 40-50.

looking professional is sometimes really important. seems immature if you show up to work with a "gaming" laptop, also they are mostly heavy af, wouldnt want to carry one around all day

>abuse
Cringe.

>yes but I can buy used hardware equivalent for 100$
Nice shitpost

see

there are countless thin and light laptops that are better than anything apple offers, and with more horsepower.

>sometimes
Why would your boss care if your laptop looked "premium"? Why would that matter more than you getting your work done?

Don't take my word for it, just ask cadet bonespurs.

I had my mortgage paid by 31 (ten year mortgage) without ever resorting to eating like an Ethiopian. Eating shit is the most reddit financial advice I've ever seen.
You've clearly never worked in a professional environment if you think turning up with a gaymen RGB monstrosity would be in any way acceptable.

>social status
Yes and no, alot of people who don't understand much about the power behind laptops will buy it simply because it's expensive so it MUST be top of the line hardware, just like iPhones the company says this hardware is the best because they cost so much, which makes sense for a normie, premium price=premium hardware.

Then you get others who buy it for social status but I reckon there's more people who spend 3k on a laptop because they believe it's worth the price, companies prey on people who aren't tech-savvy

I think their pre 2016 macbooks were fine. Expensive but fine. From 2016 onwards its just trash.

This, you literally have to put a mac computer inside your freezer if it does anything processor intensive.

Oh so this is a larping thread now?

Attached: Craplel_CuckBook_Poo.png (1399x818, 385K)

Everyone abandon thread, this thread is now 100% larping from here on out. Don't waste your time here.

no need to get the i9 version, just get the i7 which works better anyways.

>financing 2500

Unfortunately true. Wore expensive but shit looking (comfy) clothes at bank yesterday and the banker treated me like shit until she saw my bank balance. bitches and whores

D-do people actually get a loan to buy macbooks?

Oh I didn't know san francisco represented the whole country thanks for informing me.

>100$ hardware
That's probably about 1 grand of hardware at the least?

>Radeon GPU
>Fairly new Intel CPU
>fairly high DPI IPS 16:10 display (these aren't made in large quantities)
>16GiB RAM minimum
>256GiB NAND minimum

see

Why do you care? It's not your money. Op stop being a retard, we don't want to kill threads for questions that you already know the answer to.

Great. Not myself nor anyone I know does this cartoonish shit. We got larping neets on this site that think everyone who's slightly normal is some asshat spending 20 dollars at starbucks a day and renting expensive shoes.

You can get a core i9-8950HK ($500+ part), a mid-tier AMD graphics card, 32gb of DDR4-2400 memory ($300), an NVMe SSD ($100+), a small form-factor z370 motherboard, a 15" 2880x1800 display with high color accuracy, a webcam, a trackpad, a keyboard, an aluminum chassis, and assembly costs for $250 USD? Well shoot, send me the Newegg links so I can join the ranks!

Are you another one of those retards who's pretending he never saw the software fix apple released a week after this video, allowing the laptop to comfortably maintain 2.9-3.0GHz in all workloads? For Christ's sake, the same exact guy who posted the freezer video posted a video praising this update, even stating that it runs faster after the update than it did in the freezer before.

In addition to having excellent specs (and the Vega models make it acceptable for gaming too), it is the only laptop that can run macOS, Windows, and Linux -- all natively -- with excellent support.

Isn't it locked out from Linux due to the T2 chip? Not that I would ever put Linux on mine.

Gaming laptops are known for having pretty mediocre screens (brightness, color-accuracy, viewing angles, etc) especially in that price range. Not to mention that an "i7" at that price probably isn't an 8th gen i7, it's probably 4th or 5th gen, which is a massive difference in a lot of workloads. Battery life is another concern, with the macbooks capable of 10+ hours on lighter loads, and gaming laptops peaking around 5-6 hours even with a heavy 100WHr battery. Form factor and noise level are some other concerns.

Don't you have a job? Compared to most of the hardware un my EE lab it's barely a blip, and being tax deductible it's almost free anyway.

goymoney fag, we pay more taxes and have lower wages

apple use mentaly ill people

Please learn to write like a normal person and not like the race that would bang your non-existant girlfriend

This isn't applicable. Even something like an IdeaPad looks just like a Mac, has comparable specs, and costs 1/3 of the price.
And if you want to go even chinkier you can get a Xiaomi which will cost you $500, just with slightly worse specs. (I imagine MacBooks have at least 16 GBs of RAM.)

Attached: 20171027102120_87859.jpg (1000x1000, 147K)

That's quite an assertion. Can you back it up?

Non touch bar 256gb macbook pro 13 for 1500 is all you need.

>IdeaPad
>comparable [with mac]
You don't really believe this. A $2000+ thinkpad is comparable in specs and build quality, an ideapad definitely isn't.

alright, fuck the price, fuck the fanboys; THIS is the problem with these fucking things:
normies buy these things and then only use them for facebook, basic text editing, and itunes
others buy them to try and do actual work
because normies are the majority of people that buy them, they can skimp and high end performance and consider max load an edge case
then you have macbooks overheating when doing basic rendering and number-crunching tasks

because it costs more than $100 to make it Tyrone

ex-gf bought a macbook air as she thought it would make it way easier to sync her media with her iphone, especially music and movies she had downloaded. she quickly started complaining about how nothing in OSX made sense and she couldn't rip her CDs.

>yes but I can buy used hardware equivalent for 100$

You can buy a 6 core laptop with a screen that good for $100?
Where can I get in on that action?

>refurbished ~$500 i7 16GB RAM gaymen laptop?

Again, where does this actually exist?

>Isn't it locked out from Linux due to the T2 chip?

Only if you enable the boot security, which isn't on by default.

Good gesture support.

It runs an OS that isn't dog shit.

Also you're retarded if you think the hardware is worth $100, the chassis alone is worth more than that.

>drive around $500/month lease cars
leasing is for yuppies that can't be bothered to basic maintenance. poor retards fiance with a 10%+ apr.

the oled strip probably costs 100 dollars.

>Financial Elite

Nigga I make 24k a year and I got $6000 instantly approved a few days ago. I got good credit but that doesn't make me a financial elite.

Just because you say "gaymen" as a form of self depreciation doesn't make video games!es less childish.

You're on Jow Forums calling others childish.

Attached: 1245978956312.gif (400x400, 2.94M)

>>comparable [with mac]
Macshit has worse build quality than Acer. The fucking chassis is only the outside. Macs are the chinkiest of flimsy fucking trash chinkshit inside. Video connectors are held together with TAPE to keep them from pulling loose with opening and closing the lid and they fail extremely often. Applel's SATA cables are a complete fucking joke and are glued onto the case and tear like packing tape when you try to removed the drive.

>t. Apple Certified Repair Tech from many years ago