What would happen?

So I‘m supposed to get more power from this motor.
What would happen if I just apply the 400V in triangel?
I suppose it will run faster (or just with more Nm?), but the coils would also collapse faster.
>Anything else I should consider?

Attached: FF85C056-3F45-489C-93F9-1FF10F3E2AB5.jpg (3022x4032, 2.3M)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Delta_(letter)
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Increase the voltage. If your requirement is just to get more power from it that will work. It will dramatically reduce the lifespan of the motor, but I assume that’s ok with your employer or whatever. If it isn’t ok get a better job cause they are asking for physical impossibilities

I can‘t just increase the voltage.
This motor is part of a bigger Machine.
I would need to install a transformer.
That’s why I had the idea with the triangle.
As it has 2760 rpm in triangle 230V
It should have more rpm with 400V...
I guess..

I'm not an expert in motors, but... doesn't it say right in your image that the RPM and power are the same in star and triangle?

Attached: ss (2018-12-07 at 16.49.12).png (547x455, 456K)

Star and triangle are not for changing rpms, they have nothing to do with them at all. They are there to make the startup of the motor less hard on it, make the current smaller and Nm bigger.
Voltage won't change anything in rpms here, it only works on DC motors.
You would have to increase the electricity frequency to make rpms higher.

You can't get more power from the motor. Changing voltage only changes the amperage requirements.

Does triangle have more NM because more current?

Triangle has more Nm while the current is actually smaller

Actually, I take that back, you may be able to find a frequency drive that would accomplish your goal.

Smol pic, but should make you realise whats going on, Nms are vertical, horizontal are rpms. You use triangle to have more strengh to start the motor, but in higher rpms it becomes weaker and star is more sufficent.

Attached: dobor-napedu-019.jpg (222x214, 10K)

Higher voltage gives you higher torque, increasing frequency gives you more speed.
You can safely exceed one nominal parameter at time for 10%.

t. electrical machines designer

You have to realise though, by using this, the motor will go into higher rpms but the Nm will fall.
If you want the motor to have the same Nms as nwo but on higher rpms you would have to get a frequency drive and increase the voltage.
t. just a weak electrician in training

220v is for household use and 380v for factories.This motor can be wired to both.
I think you'll risk damaging it by wiring 400v to the 220v port.

Out of pure curiosity what is the motor part of ?
What is it used for

But A is higher in the table here?

I do realize this, but the OP never gave any parameters beyond "more power". I'm not certain if he means torque or speed. Given the vague details, I'm assuming he isn't well versed in this sort of thing.

nevermind, I see this now

Provided you have the room for it, you may be able to use a gearbox to up the torque, while maintaining the same power requirements.

You're gonna burn it if you connect it to 400V in triangle

>triangle
>triangle
>triangle
>triangle
>triangle

DELTA. IT'S CALLED FUCKING DELTA. I FUCKING HOPE YOU MINDLESSLY LISTEN TO ALL THESE RETARDS AND BURN YOUR MOTOR, OP.

>>Anything else I should consider?
Leave it at 230v and install a vfd.
Wire the vfd into the main chassis on its own breaker or something, and use the pre existing motor wires as the remote signal to tell the drive to turn on. You will need a logical drive for this though.

A much better way is to tie the drive into the relevant PLC and integrate it into the logic.

It's also generally important to check if the motor is not already driven by a vfd, assuming you don't know much about the equipment. (and also assuming this is part of something and not just a standalone motor for your dildo dryer or something)

Germany calls it triangle.
Because you connect the inputs in a triangle shape, not in a "delta shape".

Delta and Wye.

AND WHO GIVES A FUCK ABOUT WHAT GERMANY CALLS IT? I'M FROM SPAIN AND WE SAY TRIANGLE IN SPANISH TOO. BUT GUESS WHAT, WE'RE SPEAKING ENGLISH HERE. THE TERM IN ENGLISH IS DELTA, NOT TRIANGLE.

If you apply more power to the motor it will run faster but will probably also burn up at some point because it was never intended to run at 400V in delta configuration.

nah it's triangle because it's a triangle shape

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Delta_(letter)

>not in a "delta shape"
Mind reminding me what a delta shape looks like again?

It's triangle.
Source: picture

Attached: ss (2018-12-07 at 17.28.43).jpg (1462x975, 258K)

>What would happen if I just apply the 400V in triangel?
You cannot make a 3-phase AC motor rotate faster by increasing the voltage. You will get higher peak torque at the expense of higher heat dissipation and higher chance of the coils shorting out.

These motors are usually built with a lot of tolerance, 10% for 10s is conservative. I've seen 0.3 kW AC motors that were operating at up to 1 kW in railway switches for years - with a typical operation time of less than 5 seconds, they never get hot enough to fail.

Attached: 300w-motor-in-switch.png (1285x510, 14K)

I'm not convinced, show more proofs

I hope this will suffice

Attached: ss (2018-12-07 at 17.36.05).jpg (1476x979, 308K)

Ye but the amperes are different. He want to pump 400v at 2.45a. Star is 1.42a

whal el fuck

>What would happen if I just apply the 400V in triangel?
it would go kill, nominal motor current would be *1.73 overdriven
you need a 400/690V Motor for 400V Delta configuration
the 230V Delta is sole for Single Phase driven Frequency drives

Modifying the motor seems like a bad idea, the gears/sprockets/pulleys should be changed to reduce speed (increase torque) or increase speed (decrease torque) on the drive chain/belt/transmission for the output of the motor.

NiBBer it's DELTA AND WYE
ONE GOOGLE SEARCH AWAY KYS AN HERO

I've meant constant