Will QWERTY slider phones ever make a comeback?

Will QWERTY slider phones ever make a comeback?

Attached: 371726_0_original.jpg (600x450, 68K)

Probably not. They were good thou.

No, not even getting headphone jacks back.

The blackberry priv is a great phone, I'm using one right now, but I think the non slider keyboard phones they have are appealing to keyboard users more than a slider

The new oppo slider gives me confidence a Chinese manufacturer might try it but keyboards just aren't cool even though theyre clearly superior

>They were good thou.
Except they were not.

ok, gtfo

Clearly never owned one

Hopefully never. They were dumb. Who the fuck uses a phone in landscape mode other than to watch videos?

you must be at least 18 to post here

landscape mode is pretty good when you don't have a huge touch keyboard covering the entire screen.

I wish. Touch keyboards are fucking terrible.

install lineage

Attached: basedchadmoto.jpg (300x168, 11K)

It's really not. Try using a web browsing in landscape mode.

No, why would they? Swiftkey is quicker than using a tiny cramped physical keyboard

Hopefully not phone keyboards where too fucking small and made the phones too thick
5" is good size for a phone/penis anything larger or smaller sucks
Nohomo
Physical keyboards on mobiles also suck because you can't change them out like you can with software touch screen unless you carry around a separate kb which kinda defeats the point

Maybe in 5 years when Apple will have invented it

There was a mod for the Moto Z that would add one, but the project failed and are refunding indiegogo backers.

Isn't that pretty much what anyone using a computer does?

It's just that mobile versions of websites have been optimized for portrait mode

Headphone jacks are a premium near obsolete feature

What makes you think sliderphones will ever come back?

Look at reviews shitting on Blackberries solely because they have a physical keyboard and how having a physical keyboard is a sin. No we gotta make all our phones bendable and have curved edges because the largest consumers are fucking children.

Attached: Screen_Shot_2017_09_12_at_10.45.25.0.jpg (1200x800, 133K)

They are more than double the cost to manufactore.
>literally 2 cases
>moving parts
>actual buttons
The fucking Apple convinced the NPCs that less is more, now everyone wants a barebones brick without bluetoots, headphone jack, filesystem access etc continue the list

Get out.

Attached: getout.png (350x259, 110K)

We almost had one as a Moto Z adddon, I would have went straight to the closest store to buy a Moto Z and that keyboard.
But it got cancelled. Sadly, it looks bleak.

Attached: moto-z-keyboard-moto-mod.jpg (1600x1000, 156K)

There is no reason to use a phone in portrait.

greatest "phone" ever created coming through

Attached: 91lsz9ZdF7L._SL1500_.jpg (1500x1156, 209K)

Have you ever heard of bluetooth keyboard cases ?

There are a few way off brands that do have them, but they are so few and far between it's not worth looking for. Also the chances of them getting any updates is lol

that's literally how browsing is done on a computer you absolute zoomer

>if you want to bring a friend along, feel free!

Attached: jon reece.png (512x512, 227K)

dude her neck is the longest thing ever
that being said i dont see a rise in phones with keyboards ever, but there may be a rise in cases with keyboards

>most modern smartphones have curved glass screens that slightly wrap around the edges

Why? Just who the fuck came up with this shit? It makes the screen more susceptible to getting damaged if the phone is dropped and it makes screens harder / more expensive to manufacture and replace.

>I sent that bitch a smiley face
>bitches love smiley faces

Attached: happy_babby.jpg (236x297, 10K)

The last sidekick that ran android was pretty sweet. I’d deal with a thicker phone to have a physical keyboard

I had one. the specs were anemic and they cheaped out on the flash memory leading to weird issues.

Maybe with foldables. It might actually be a touchscreen keyboard mode, but still a dedicated keyboard. Could have elements of the macbook touchbar as well like slider controls.

Basically, it's going to be a DS. Nintendo was in 3000 when we were in 2000.

I've been thinking about going back to a feature phone at this point

A touchscreen keyboard would be pointless. We already have those

N97, N950 and E7 are some of the best phones ever made.

I had one awhile back, good phone but it was just too bloody slow

>Why?
See below
>It makes the screen more susceptible to getting damaged if the phone is dropped and it makes screens harder / more expensive to manufacture and replace.

>Just who the fuck came up with this shit?
People that want to keep making 1000% profit margins on people that don't save money.

The keyboards wear out after a while, and are then shit. It's faster to text on T9 anyway. Opera browser on an MP3 player based Ericson was the best phone.

Had one of those. Decent phone but the keypad was way harder to use than the Nokie N97 that I had before it. Can't type quickly if buttons need a really hard press.

Attached: cia.jpg (716x768, 79K)

I would do this, but my Droid 4 has been dead for a long time. Flash crapped out and not even fastboot mode would get beyond 1.6k of a ROM back into it.

Will it ever get a successor?

Attached: Sony-Xperia-Play-Open-FL.jpg (250x241, 10K)

>Don't call her a giraffe.

but the performance is shit

holy shit I hope not, what a fucking turd that thing was

You now remember how awesome the HTC Touch Pro 2 was.