I fucking hate python...

I fucking hate python. The idea of being forced to produce "clean code" (instead of trusting in my ability that I know what the fuck I'm doing), not having brackets (terrible with vim, you cannot simply jump from the beginning-of-a-block to the end-of-block with % anymore) and in general, the very idea of python disgusts me.

I've been working 2 days on a problem having to do with interprocess-communication and it *almost* works, but just almost. I just cannot get the fucking thing to work completely.

I've been a programmer for roughly 10 years now and I can easily cope with C, C++, Perl, PHP Bash and all that other stuff (that's terrible in it's own ways, but still works at the end of the day), but I just cannot get fucking python to work as it should.

And then the changes from python2 to python3! Fucking brackets around print, adds absolutely nothing except for more work (even if it's just a regex to run in every file, still, fucking unnecessary).

Python sucks.I fucking hate python.

Attached: LHJHGo0eJ-wCeP8SufYPm5XHMpA-Lfftg8mT_Cl2axg.jpg?w=480&s=3387b3d5dcae885412168eebffe5c5c1.jpg (480x360, 34K)

OK, you're bad at programming and why should I care?

Python is bad but not for the reasons you outlined

Why are you using Vi for programming and not IntelliJ?

If you can't get Python to work you're a shit programmer

yes python is horrible

>The idea of being forced to produce "clean code"
>(instead of trusting in my ability that I know what the fuck I'm doing)
If this really bothers you then you really don't know what you're doing.

>spending 2 days on IPC
Python isn't bad, you're just a fucking retarded programmer, OP.

Also, Python isn't terrible with vim, wtf are you talking about? You can jump to blocks and end of blocks with {} like a normal vim user, you fucking dolt.

>instead of trusting in my ability
If you can't even do a simple python process, then how the fuck is the management supposed to trust you?

I don't like python cause i can never quite tell whats going on. Is something a reference or a copy? I normally care about the code that I write in other languages, but writing stuff in python the only thing worry about is getting something done quickly and copy+pasting from google/stackoverflow

>Is something a reference or a copy?
If you spent 30 seconds with a search engine, you'd see that it's always a reference.

pebkac

I started using Lua instead of Python because the only real reason I use interpreted languages is for automating tasks and Lua just vibes with me more than Python. Lua knows it's a scripting language. Python tries to achieve shit it's not built for.

I'm going to pretend I didn't see this

What I hate about Python is, that in the end you have to know a lot of low level concepts anyway. It's designed as a brainlet language, but when you write longer programs it doesn't work like that.
>Is something a reference or a copy?
>If you spent 30 seconds with a search engine, you'd see that it's always a reference.
That's what I mean, a brainlet should not have to know that. I would rather use a language that doesn't pretend to be simpler than it actually is.

>That's what I mean, a brainlet should not have to know that
You're arguing that Python sucks because it assumes you're not a complete retard.

>I would rather use a language that doesn't pretend to be simpler than it actually is.
Python doesn't pretend to be anything, you fucking autistic imbecile. Stop anthropomorphizing a fucking programming language.

Reference semantics vs copy semantics is something you're gonna need to know for any language. Protip: it's usually references.

Reference vs copying is literally the next step after hello, world-tier.

answer him you elitist cunt

Python doesn't pretend anything, but that is such an irrelevant distinction. The Pythong community does and what happens is that brainlets see an easy Hello World in REPL, think it will be easy and end up producing crap code.
When I used Python for TensorFlow I also ran into some weird stuff, that would have been easier to fix in C++.
Ok, but the way the language is presented paints a false picture. I use mostly C++ so it's not like those concepts are too complicated for me, I would just rather have a language that gives me more control, if I have to know those low level concepts anyway. For example Pythonistas will complain about pointers, but pointers and references are similar conceptually and often the same on the machine. They will say that complexity is hidden in Python, but then you produce buggy code and you have to learn all that stuff anyway.

>When I used Python for TensorFlow I also ran into some weird stuff, that would have been easier to fix in C++.
You need to be more specific than this. Maybe your unfamiliarity with Python was the problem here.

>Ok, but the way the language is presented paints a false picture
Wrong.

>I use mostly C++ so it's not like those concepts are too complicated for me,
You're clearly suffering from baby duck syndrome and bitching about Python not being like C++.

Okay, fine. I'm not OP, first of all, and I don't use vim. I use emacs+evil-mode, and I don't think IntelliJ is a good IDE.

Python is great for writing shitty things. Its the new javascript for apps. For numerical stuff its not half—bad.

>being forced to produce "clean code"
please elaborate

>the new javascript
Python is almost 30 years old.

C++ wasn't even my first language, my first language was Scheme.

Then you should already be familiar with concepts like references and immutable objects, since that's 90% of Scheme (the remaining 10% being tracking down the missing closing parentheses)

python interprets scope by indentation level which means it's telling you how to write code (is what i assume op is saying)

My boss has been programming for over 20 years and used to work at Oracle, and writes some of the shittiest procedural code I've ever seen. He writes almost exclusively in Perl and PHP, and all his code is just an unmaintainable, unreadable splurge of consciousness.

I imagine you are just like him OP. Learn to code or fix printers for a living.

>vim
>2019

As an Ausfag in Shitney, I approve of this image.

Attached: 1533855881008.gif (219x186, 1.76M)