Why aren't you using KDE?

Why aren't you using KDE?

Attached: KDE.png (2880x1800, 607K)

xfce with more gizmos but slower

I am though. Why would I use anything else?

Because I'm using i3

based i3bro

why aren't you using openbox?

Because my distro came with another DE and I don't see a reason to switch at all.

Because gnome exists

Waste of resources
This

Because KDE triggers menus on the up action of right clicks of the mouse.
It causes menu items to activate without me intending for it. I've talked to the KDE devs, and they don't give a shit.

because explorer.exe is better

Also fractional highdpi scaling causes graphical artifacts all over the place. Confirmed bug.

>Gnome

>Because KDE triggers menus on the up action of right clicks of the mouse.
What?
Plasma 5.14 here, context menus appear on RMB down.

because i use mate

i3 is for fags. Install dwm.

i really only use dolphin yakuake and gwenview but plasma has been nice

Correct, but that RMB down leads to a RMB up. If you move your mouse fast downward while right clicking, it will activate a menu item in the same click that summoned the context menu. This happens to me all the time.

I've asked the IRC channels for solutions or hacks to disable this behavior, but they ignored me.

Never looked into it, and way too lazy

Can any KDE pros tell me how do you switch focus with a key shortcut left/right between split windows? I tried mapping "switch window left/right" to mod+left/right but doesn't work reliably.

Like how in i3 you could do $mod+arrow to move focus around. How do I do this in KDE. Plasma is so nice but I miss the ease of tiling and shifting around focus easily with the keyboard.

It makes my laptop burst into flames.

I take it from your deleted reply that you managed to replicate the behavior. You can even log yourself out on the desktop by mistake with this.

switched recently for the second time to KDE and it finally feels comfy. never going back

i could never get into 3 or 4 but 5 is comfy

Alt+Tab isn't what you're looking for?

But I'm using Kubuntu.

oh, yeah it happens on kubuntu 18.04. I thought it was normal, and just hold the button to release it on my desired option.
>"a right press is a right press, you can't say it's half."

I use it with KDE.

how the fuck do I disable it?

>slower
Xfce is slower than kde. Sure, kde consumes more ram, but it uses less cpu time for rendering due to gpu acceleration. You might be mistaking animations that you can disable for being slow.

I mean, it doesn't happen on Windows or Gnome.

My OS already came with dwm.exe

b-but I am (on my laptop at least)

Attached: Screenshot_20181207_192553.png (1366x768, 766K)

Holy shit, never noticed that. Get new mouse or something, never happened to me unintentionally. On the other side, it's kinda cool. I see some uses for it, such as accessing context menu items really quickly. Totally agree that it shouldn't be the default behavior though, seems like a bad design decision.

I use high sensitivity on my mouse. Nothing wrong with my mouse. I just need an option to disable that behavior. It's really dumb. Seems like a no brainer checkbox to add to the mouse settings of kde.

To be honest, it isn't a feature. It's a bug. It shouldn't happen in the first place.

I prefer Gnome and everytime i tried KDE it was a glitchy mess. If anything i'd just use Xfce or MATE.

xfce bby

Install dwm
based dwmbro

But I am

Attached: Screenshot_20181207_201421.png (1680x1050, 1.7M)

>single click opens folder
lmao

Not even a KDEfag but you can change this to double click

I would want to because I think that it's the best DE out here, but bspwm with my config is just too comfy

Fag.

Latest KDE releases can be slimmed down to use less RAM than XFCE with the same feature set
The only reason I can't recommend KDE to everyone it's that the good versions (post 5.12) won't trick down to Devuan stable anytime soon, and that a lot of people will cucked by Nvidia (including myself and that's the reason I still stick to XFCE)
Also the lack of old Redmond themes

I am using it right now, it makes my pp hard

not gonna make it

Attached: Screenshot from 2018-12-07 13-00-14.png (1600x900, 634K)

xfce is simpler and better

A
FUCKING
FOOT

That's gonna be a no for me dawg. MATE >>>>>>>>>>> Gnome3

Attached: Screenshot from 2018-12-07 14-17-43.png (1440x900, 319K)

Because it's bloat. Use i3 or dwm.

GNOME is way better

Based fellow i3fag.

Attached: numale meme.png (1170x836, 203K)

No fingerprint support yet

no that cycles through all open windows based on the order they're open. I'm trying to cycle back and forth between two split windows.

is not like i hate KDE but it makes my low resource VM unusable

I used KDE 3 but after KDE 4 I abandoned all hope and never came back to the pile of this that is Plasma and KDE now.

based CentOS bro

It's KDE. You can change damn near everything.

Bloat is whatever someone decides it is. 20 years ago anything other than a command line was "boat."

the last 10 times I have tried to use it, it had this weird vsync problem on all windows and random crashes, really hope its solved someday and its solid as KDE3 was

naw, xfce is garbage and mate has too many bugs. GTK is too fucking garbage of a platform to build anything that is good, regardless of how much you fine tune it. cinnamon is the pinnacle of what you can do with GTK.

I'm looking for a WM that allows me to press the super key to open my menu for programs and type a program name and it searches for the program so I can just hit enter and open it
also it allows me to use super key + left mouse click to toggle "move window" and I can drag my window anywhere I want. and when I drag it to the side of the screen it full screens it to that side or in the top it fu ll screens it to the entire screen.
KDE does this
is there a simple WM that does those 3 simple things?

>people will be cucked by Nvidia

How specifically is Nvidia fucking up KDE compatibility? Genuine question I know fuck all about this

No Wayland and crappy vm frame buffering.

xlib

sounds like xwayland i have seen in weston for firefox
are you using kde with wayland?

>won't trick down to my obscure special snowflake old debian
not everyone is a retard like you

How do I make my KDE look like this?

Attached: 1543502795873.png (1920x1080, 2.96M)

First you must be faggot

KDE freezes often and causes coredumps for me. Stuff that doesn't happen to XFCE. Not sure why plasma crashes but I'm not using it because of that.

Kvantum.

can't you fucking read the info displayed by neofetch ?

God that's so fucking ugly

Who else but KDE and Gnome treat dedicated graphics as a first class citizen?

Attached: Screenshot_20181208_234307.png (377x496, 31K)

Dolphin settings > General > Switch between split views with tab

I'm not a NEET any more, I actually use my computer for things, I no longer have the time to waste 20% of my computer time just keeping my operating system running so I can say I'm a leet community college educated haxxor

With a bullet through your skull

coz im a dumb windows looser that can't switch to linux

I used to use KDE and other DEs, but after awhile I realized that all I wanted was a WM.

Keep using systemd dumb faggot, and it won't trick down to Debian stable either since 5.12+ it's too new, seems you are too retarded
All kinds of weird graphical issues due to Nvidia wrongly implementing some X features and KDE not bending to Nvidia
It becomes way worse when you switch to Wayland

You can't make KDE look like windows 7

>kde
>with debianf

Attached: 1535213524212s.jpg (109x125, 2K)

Openbox is cuter uwu

>also it allows me to use super key + left mouse click to toggle "move window"
That's neat, how do you configure that?

KDE has too much extra shit that pops up when you hover the mouse over something. It has extra widgets on the screen that nobody ever asked for. What the fuck are the red, blue and green dots next to the start button? What the fuck do they do? It's aesthetically attractive but it's not easy to find the menus where you can disable all the extra shit that nobody ever asked for. Every time I try KDE I just go back to XFCE because I can also make XFCE attractive, but it doesn't have extra shit on the screen, and it's easy to find the settings menus where you can enable or disable things. How do I enable desktop icons in KDE?

>Sent from my OpenBSD

Attached: 2018-12-08-110638_1366x768_scrot.png (1366x768, 211K)