This is literally "keyboard not found, press any key to continue" tier

this is literally "keyboard not found, press any key to continue" tier

Attached: update.jpg (567x149, 31K)

no it's not. you're fucking dumb

I just can't understand how anyone can possible look at the Windows operating system and view it as any kind of alternative to Linux like it's just an intangible subjective difference.

Linux users bitch about some minute or abstract aspect of literally anything like a change in color or one thing running 3% slower than it did before.

And then there's windows. ":( Something happened"

SEETHING LONIX FAG

>to check for updates, you must first install an update for windows update
just repeat that fucking sentence for christ's sake
what the fucking fuck is it for if it can't do shit it's named after out of the box?

+1

>install now
hmm what would happen if you pressed the button I wonder? would it install an update that would allow you to check for further updates? hmmm

literally a completely different thing, dumb retard OP can't even read without skipping words

You have already downloaded the update you need, you just need to install it b4 you check for new updates

Linux desktops have the same issues

Yikes

Attached: never.png (836x438, 45K)

>this is literally "keyboard not found, press any key to continue" tier
On the contrary this is a concept called "bootstrapping." It's prevalent in all kinds of software, not just Windows Update. It's also similar to the chicken-or-egg paradox or the "keyboard not found, press any key to continue" problem, except that instead of being a problem, it's a solution.
Other examples of bootstrapping:
>i have no compiler so i will compile one
>the computer is not yet running an operating system so it needs an "operating system" (the bootloader) to load its operating system
>the computer is not yet running a bootloader so it needs a "bootloader" (the reset vector) to load its bootloader
>every process is a child of init
>etc

>installing is the same thing as checking for updates

>screen tearing intensifies

No screen tearing in based fullscreened OpenGL applications

conda requires that sometimes too, as does npm. what a shocker tool that updates requires updates before updating things.

Attached: 1541026180842.jpg (442x460, 40K)

>To check for A, you must first do A.
Or better

Question: Does A exist?
Answer: Try to do A, then you will find out.

makes sense to me.

You don't need the update service to install updates, just download and install it manually. Or rather not, Windows works better without updates.

Attached: 0ca36be035e2c8c79d6af4543c7a6990[1].jpg (500x332, 27K)

you're fucked without SP

How dumb are you?
After the updater updates itself, it will install the rest of the updates. That's a completely normal thing.

I got this when I was running 7. I was confused

you already got the updates downloaded locally. you just need to install them. whats the problem?

>full explanation and a big "Install now" button to click
>im such a fucking turboautist that i don't know to click that button
No wonder you're a basement dweller - you can't figure out the doorknob at the top of the stairs.

Attached: 1527700571910.jpg (500x500, 38K)

basically the old windows update client allowed man in the middle attacks so they had to update it to be more strict (look up Flame i think that is relevant)
>Improvements in version 7.6.7600.256 of the Windows Update Agent
A hardened infrastructure so that the Windows Update client will trust only those files that are signed by a new certificate. The certificate is used solely to protect updates to the Windows Update client.
A more secure communication channel for the Windows Update client

>Windows works better without updates

Attached: The Queen and Prince Charles laughing at you, anon.jpg (640x448, 43K)