what's a good stereo recevier for

Attached: egg.jpg (700x700, 43K)

Other urls found in this thread:

my.mixtape.moe/knelhp.flac
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>under $200 for a 15" sub
>doesnt sound like trash
How does Dayton do it?

Attached: IMG_20181206_180450668~2.jpg (1632x3034, 700K)

Rate my new Klipsch RF7 iii lads

Attached: 20181206_233541.jpg (1913x1076, 353K)

Those CF3s are better.

Never heard those, but my question is how are you going to watch your projector screen with those big ass speakers in front of them

By acquiring an AT screen in the future. The CF4 aren't that much in the way when by themselves only the subwoofer is the issue

CF4 you mean

looks good how does it sound

To be determined if you're looking for a comparison. Otherwise based on my 45 minute jam session last night I'd say they are true winners for anyone willing to drop the cash on them

Volume in China. Not sure how they can undercut Peerless(Tymphany) so hard in the US.
Is that the SR-007?

Was that really the best place for the sub? Surely it can be placed lower to the ground.

rate my setup

Speakers - Pioneer S-3EX
Tube Amp - Mastersound Compact 845
Turntable - ProJect Debut Carbon
CD Player - Rotel RCD 991
D/A Convertor - Bryston BDA-1 DAC
Power Conditioner - Torus 20 Amp/120 Volt
Headphones - Sennheiser HD 600

Attached: Screen Shot 2018-11-29 at 6.42.29 PM.png (1120x1506, 2.58M)

They must sell a shitload because there's no way shipping 50lbs of subwoofer from china can be cheap.
Yes, that's a 007.

>Surely it can be placed lower to the ground.
what

Yamaha and Onkyo have a few stereo receiver in that range. I don't think $500 gets you into an NAD or Cambridge audio receiver.

I mean that it looks like that it is being stood the tall side of the cabinet.

It's the same size on all edges almost. I have it that way so I can play with the volume and on/off switch more easily

Do mention what part of the world.

What are some good test music tracks?

Attached: 20170318_101831-1494x2656.jpg (1494x2656, 676K)

How do you like the ProJect Debut Carbon? It's on my short list.

I really enjoy it. It’s the only turntable I’ve ever owned, but I’ve had no problems with it. After reading it was one of the best low-mid range turntables I decided to go for it.

How is projector in a room with light wall like yours? Is it ok to watch movies on?

Almost finished customs procedure for my speakers. They in a post office across the street and I even inspected package with customs officer and still can't take them because of paperwork, feels fucking good.

If you want a totally dark theater experience would not recommend light blue walls at all. It's OK, but not great in my opinion

my.mixtape.moe/knelhp.flac

Nice tree. Not sure that I want that for myself, but it's an eyecatcher.

The tracks that you know, of course. In general, tracks with wide bandwidth that are also "dense". Busy sounding music, and not something with a few instruments.
A couple of tracks with a known emphasis in the very deep bass and high treble to check for bass extension and tweeter behavior. I find it helpful to take a real-time analyzer to the tracks to find out where the harmonics and other emphasis lies.

That's interesting to hear, as I'm thinking of getting into vinyl. How does the sound quality from the Carbon compare to a good DAC, in your experience?

Got these on sale for $300 on black Friday. They sound good, but I have to add an sub now to make up for the loss from my old polks.

Attached: Capture.png (607x837, 768K)

>white
Gross

I like the white. The black would be okay if the speakers were silver like the white.

Quality of the DAC is better, but I love vinyl just because of the fun of hunting down records, and novelty of it

Nakamichi SR-4A

My old shitty speakers died on me. Getting some new ones, but I have literally no idea what to look for in speakers. I don't really want anything high end, as long as they don't sound like absolute shit, I'm alright.

Any ideas?

Attached: 1518035480737.jpg (1280x720, 750K)

kh 120

Price range?

Why are you like this?

$50

$1398

Micca MB42, Dayton Audio MK402, not a lot of choice at $50

Attached: 2b2902a323d9bf8e4e265d08fdc9f8a2.jpg (1050x1540, 1.48M)

Do you have a stereo to hook them up to, or are you looking for self powered speakers?

Hey lads, asking some recs. I'm a poorfag with a pair of Micca speakers and DTA-1 amplifier but I want to at least buy a better amp (maybe amp/dac) that will work with those speakers, in the $100 range.

How do speakers die?
Foam rips off? Internals rust?
Or is it some powered speaker? Always wary of electronic goods like that, because I've had passive speakers that last for decades, where i only got rid of them because of physical damage and space issues.

Something higher up the Dayton audio list, or a micca origain ad250 and make a matching set.

thank you, will check it out