/CentOS/

>he uses an unstable, buggy distro
>he hasn't taken the IBM+Systemd pill
ssh lmaoing@yourlife

Attached: Screenshot from 2018-12-07 15-29-35.png (1600x900, 1.16M)

Other urls found in this thread:

linux-magazine.com/Online/News/Lance-Davis-Returns-Reorganization-at-CentOS
myredditnudes.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I can't take anyone who uses gnome seriously.

>anime
>plastic chinkpad
>gnome
>that uptime
fucking loser

-- posted from my modded x230 running riced to the teeth dwm

Oh wow they have GNOME 3.28?

I thought they would be further behind.

Not like GNOME really gains features as you progress, rather it loses them.

enjoy your hilariously old software, there's a reason why nobody uses it as a desktop
but whatever floats your boat i guess

My server runs CentOS

it uses 500MiB at boot, I don't see how that's bad. If I remember I get about the same on Xfce and KDE

you can only run old software on it because new software cant even be compiled on it because the version of libc are so old and non-upgradable

>3.28
>debian uses 3.22
wew
they actually make it slimmer, something about moving javascript to C or something like that

if xfce is using 500MiB something is wrong. It should be half that.

You are correct when it comes to servers.
For desktop use OpenPepe and for the love of God stay away from gnome. Maybe it's not too late for you.

Attached: 1541817459723.jpg (500x500, 86K)

>King Crimson
>song

I can't take triggerfag seriously

what kind of software would you need up to date? most desktop stuff you can get is pretty up to date. I use appimages and compile some stuff like intel undervolt, mpv and ffmpeg I installed through rpmfusion because I'm lazy. Compilers I think you could get them newer easier, up to 8 or 6 I don't remember, I don't care though

Attached: Screenshot from 2018-12-07 16-09-14.png (1600x900, 559K)

>tfw my boss's boss is the original creator of CentOS
I still don't know how this is possible, and I haven't asked him. Surely he must have just copied and pasted the source code for RedHat? Isn't that the whole point of CentOS?

Attached: can't handle my swag.gif (200x150, 347K)

I am actually considering centOS being my main OS. gnome wasn't a bogged down piece of shit on it and it was incredibly fast. too bad the only other distro as stable as centOS is slackware

wow it's almost like I use distros that aren't limited to those that weren't updated since the dawn of the dinosaurs
try again

I don't know if it's the thumbnailer, gvfs, or auto-mounter, but thunar in daemon mode has a lot of problems

wtf really? your boss a madman. centos basically rewrites the trademarks of all red hat sources and builds again, is binary equivalent at the end. Is illegal to use the binaries compiled by red hat without a license, and even if you install them you need an account so that they give you access to their update servers (satellite). A reason to do that is that red hat doesn't have to buy more servers than the clients they have, unlike Debian. So centos is basically rebuild servers with different binary's license. Is literally the meme of open source made true, at first they kinda didn't liked it but now they also support Centos

Thank you very much for explaining that. My boss is indeed a madman; he doesn't like talking about his CentOS days because it all went very acrimonious when he took the money from their budget and just disappeared with it. He came back eventually and everything was patched up nicely, but yes, he is a madman.

linux-magazine.com/Online/News/Lance-Davis-Returns-Reorganization-at-CentOS

That's a shit neofetch config.

>he uses fucking foot instead of DE.