What are the benefits of running Windows...

What are the benefits of running Windows? I don't want to hear memes about it "just working" or that it runs the certain software you like. I want to hear concrete reasons that make the Windows operating system a more viable platform than the GNU operating system. I will tell you if I think your answer is satisfactory.

Attached: Windows.png (1024x699, 283K)

Other urls found in this thread:

ubuntu.com/support/plans-and-pricing
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Native hardware support.

Never had issues with hardware while using GNU. Even when using totally free distros.

>.NET Framework
>Visual Studio
>DirectX
>provides an inclusive computing environment for people of all intelligence levels

Large range of app support, DirectX is garbage but at least werks, partial automation so the user isn't bogged down with worthless tasks that the computer can do weekly. There, devils advocate.
>inb4 wine.

>.NET Framework
Horrible.
>Visual Studio
>DirectX
I don't care that it runs this software you like. Visual Studio is possibly the worst IDE and directx is pointless when far better open standards exist.
>provides an inclusive computing environment for people of all intelligence levels
But it is unintuitive, insecure, and buggy, how is that inclusive?

I don’t care

No tranny CoC bullshit, everything just werks and in case it doesn´t Nadair is 24/7 available to help, also pajeets hate fags to the core so you will be always in good hands if you´re not a faggot tranny CoCsucker

Attached: pooinay.jpg (450x276, 37K)

>What are the benefits of running Windows?
Certain applications just work there.

>I don't want to hear memes about it "just working" or that it runs the certain software you like.
Then be specific about a use case.

>I want to hear concrete reasons that make the Windows operating system a more viable platform than the GNU operating system.
... Certain applications just work there.

>I will tell you if I think your answer is satisfactory.

You don't even know what you want. Read more and learn to express yourself.

>more viable platform
supported by a multi-billion dollar monopoly instead of some hobbyists

>Large range of app support
Okay, but that doesn't mean that software is good or even usable. It doesn't have native support for a lot of software that would be useful.
I'm open to any perspective, that is the point. Do you really struggle with inference this much? It should be pretty obvious, since I am asking a collective for their opinion. What I don't care about is how well it runs software you like, because I am not interested in hearing about your baby duck syndrome.
Do you have any reasons why that might make it better?

Define usefulness, the way youre putting it makes most software "useless".

Linux is becoming corporate, and huge companies have been contributing to the Kernel for years.

don't have to tread through autistic nonsense to get a solution

gayming

Other people can actually use my PC if they need to.

It's nice that ReFS supports trim.
It's in the works for ZFS on Linux but not fully tested yet.

ubuntu.com/support/plans-and-pricing
their basic support costs 150/year. your windows license ranges between 20-150 (depending on version and what deal you can get obviously) but it's only a one time expense, making windows support cheaper

Useful as in serving a purpose. But software can be useless when it is superseded by a much simpler process. So most Windows software is useless.
Log files are autistic?
I don't care that it runs the software you like.

I'm sure ZFS would have more contributions for TRIM support if people were interested in running servers with SSDs, but there is no reason to do that.

>I don't want to hear memes about it "just working" or that it runs the certain software you like.
Are you retarded? The entire point of an OS is to run software you want. If the OS does not support the software you want then there is no point in it. I hate Windows as much as the next guy but the fact of the matter is if i want to play games or get any work done there isn't any real alternatives.

Attached: 1e8.jpg (165x115, 4K)

Legacy support

Compatibility is the only thing Windows has going for it and this is a valid argument in some ways. That and you aren't "autistic and contrarian".

>f i want to play games or get any work done there isn't[sic] any real alternatives.
GNU has games, but I imagine you want expensive multiplayer AAA games or something.
Everything else can be done just fine with GNU. Just learn to use the right tools.

Between lower support and training costs, it's way cheaper for businesses to run windows.

Don’t have to work with, or associate with any fat disgusting neckbeards.

And then Microsoft pulled ReFS from Windows 10

>So most windows software is useless
Without any facts to back any of what you're posting up, business world runs on Office, Xbox and windows 10 are the same thing, and companies still use IE. Also legacy support.

Yes, businesses give lowly employees Windows. But remember that all those people do is punch numbers and have no technical knowledge whatsoever.

Don't worry they'll sell it back to you for $300

Attached: キャプチャ.png (1160x534, 75K)

Apparently neither do you, you have no grasp on medium to large business use, at this point, you're just looking to justify your own insecurities, let me guess you use arch?

Attached: 1543027552178.png (849x849, 628K)

Gaymes

They will also happily sell you the ability to have them not read your email.

Attached: Annotation 2018-12-08 165243.jpg (940x100, 33K)

It runs software I like and GNU and unix systems dont.

Thats a deal breaker IMHO.
I dont care what you "feel" snowflake boi

>you have no grasp on medium to large business use
And you have no grasp on working anywhere except for no nothing businesses. I worked for IBM for five years.
>arch
Actually I use macOS.

>ibm
hahaha enjoy lotus notes you fucktard?
IBM is a dinosaur of a company and will only exist for its patent portfolio in 10 years.

>IBM is a dinosaur of a company and will only exist for its patent portfolio in 10 years.
He says while defending Microsoft. LMAO!

>miss the fat kid and hit the faggot
So wheres that proof that you worked at IBM? Someone as insecure as you shouldn't post.

Attached: 1543862202601.png (605x453, 486K)

They were literally the most valuable company in the world last week...

OP def worked at IBM. IBM hires most anyone these days, its not some fancy company for elites. Its dying, every office looks like something out of the cold war. An idiot who has never worked at a real modern company would be the exact type of moron to make this thread and brag about big blue.

Apple were worth more the week before, what's your point? Both should die ASAP.

So what?

Compatibility is windows killer app, and microsofts for that.

Pick one of 12 LDAP implementations that different apps support or pick AD and have everything support it. Ill take AD.
Linux and its software suffers from fragmentation.

>Oops! you have the wrong docker binary installed, you need the CE version for this, the standard centos docker rpm doesnt actually work like this other forked version.

>This is a MS product, it does what it says and theres only one source of truth.

Fragmentation is why android offers a shittier experience compared to OSX.

Those memes you dont want to hear are truth, and the main reason corps, especially large corps who dont like 1000s of little problems stick to MS and Oracle and other big companies. Shit just works.

What makes those reasons non-concrete?

So it's all just baby duck syndrome? Got it.

Yep. And if you cant understand why that is hugely valuable to an org, then it makes sense why you worked at IBM.

Brb, updating Lotus notes to get the latest lotus_zapper.sh to kill -9 this shitty "software". At least its not MS so it must be good!

The point is it can run the software HE wants you fucking autist.

>And if you cant understand why that is hugely valuable to an org
I realise that most people are retards who can only use what they've been taught to use, even if that is just a big unintuitive mess like Windows. But I don't imagine those people post on Jow Forums. So your reason for using Windows shows you're either retarded or can't understand a basic question. Which is it?

It's the de facto consumer and industry standard and thus has all the things that would be associated with that. Tons of software and hardware support, continuous updates, and a large knowledge base surrounding it. Personally Personally however, I use Linux.

Sounds like OP is scared of me.
Don't tell lies on the internet OP, you big room temp IQ pussy.

Attached: 1541894243793.png (570x570, 97K)

Linux is just a kernel.

Well I dont use windows. I use macOS. But Im not an obtuse oxygen thief so I understand why orgs do use windows. Now both Windows and MacOS offer a much more complete portfolio of mature applications for different needs, since they both benefit from a larger userbase.
Open/libre office? Pure trash and you know it.
Hell, most GNU distros cant even get windows management and font rendering right without massive amounts of user intervention on things that should have been figured out in early 2000.

So i guess the only question remained is why do you specifically use subpar tools based on dogma instead of utilitarianism?

It shows in your software choices.

Its ubiquity.

Why does everyone assume this is about office software?
>So i guess the only question remained is why do you specifically use subpar tools based on dogma instead of utilitarianism?
see

Its about any software. Any tool or even media consumption task is easier on macOS or windows. And for the 99% of people who cant afford macbooks, they will be using windows due to apples walled garden.

Gramma doesnt want to have to figure out how to install 4 nonfree codexs via whatever distros package manager.

>But people being dumb and not understanding isnt a reason

no it is. It really is. Simplicity and usability are very important features in any software or tool. If your car requires a doctorate to use while another "just works" as you said, dont be surprised when people take the easy route.

You cant dismiss usability as not important offhand.
>Why is the sun hot, and dont bring up its temperature I dont care

I'm not a GNUfag but if you think Linux will become proprietary in the next decade or so that's a bit cynical

This was me until recently. I only switched when SteamPlay was released.

Where are you getting these quotations from? You should link the post before you quote.
And why does it matter what retards have to use? This is Jow Forums, not a marketing show.

>expedition to the seventh level of hell to find drivers

No thanks I'll keep my Linux/BSD kernel modules

Litterally the op

If you mean what I green texted, you never said those exact words but thats been your argument before.

Jow Forums is pc users from /v/. Its why 98% of threads are arguing over CPU and GPU manufacturers. No sane person who works in the tech industry gives two fucks about what OS or CPU or GPU a person does. No sane person actually has opinions on what other people use. They just use what they link. Welcome to Jow Forums

>Litterally the op
Why do you think I am OP?

TLDR; MacOS and Windows have better software than GNU.
If you dont want to use apples hardware, you are stuck with windows.

That is a 100% valid reason to use Windows. Also games.
>but I dont like those games or whatever
Doesnt matter. I dont eat rice but that doesnt invalidate the opinions of the 3.6 billion people who rely on it.

>green texted
No, that is a quotation. How new are you? It's been that way for decades.

Yea and its also been used to quote things not said directly for decades
How new are you?

>Yea and its also been used to quote things not said directly for decades
You mean deliberately misquote. Yes, but that is just trolling.

>games

Attached: 1544102370187.png (814x806, 15K)

Or you know, frame an argument with what one may say, and never accuse them of saying it.

Youre being pedantic, none of my posts are close to trolling or even pretending you said those exact words. Youre a cunt and not worth talking too. Enjoy getting bent over the software on other peoples PCs.

>I will tell you if I think your answer is satisfactory.
I was gonna write a serious reply but nah nvm

>frame an argument with what one may say
Misrepresentation.
>and never accuse them of saying it.
>pretending you said those exact words
That is what you are doing by using the quotation format.

I'm less and less sure wether this thread is a parody on those anti-Linux threads or not.

No, because Windows is an OS, while Linux is a kernel.

>im a colossal faggot
Yea you are
>I validate myself by what computer I use
computures are a big part of the human experience, using the right OS could mean a fulfilling life
>I rape children
That could be assumed by your posts.
>GAMES!
games
>Im gonna say the nword
nigger

No, Richard.

Full driver compatibility 100% of the time.

Updates installed automatically and periodically.

Don't need to provide a password every time I do something.

>Visual Studio is possibly the worst IDE
Millions of people disagree with you. Many on an objective level.

>Linux is a family of free and open-source software operating systems built around the Linux kernel.

Shitting on VS proved they were just an edgelord contrarian. VS Code has received almost universal acclaim and at every company Ive worked at it goes toe to toe with sublime and atom amongst the more general purpose IDE

But those are text editors, not IDEs.

No, Linux is just a kernel. There are operating systems that use it, but that doesn't mean they are it.
Do Americans really say "nword"? Fucking hell you're cucked.
>Full driver compatibility 100% of the time.
Except on old hardware.
>Millions of people disagree with you. Many on an objective level.
I know that pajeets love Visual Studio, but only retards actually like it.

>thats where youre wrong faggot
Maybe if you used them past simply installing them after reading about them in a Jow Forums thread and pretending youre a leet hacker.

>Except on old hardware.
How old? Windows update takes care of everything.
>I know that pajeets love Visual Studio, but only retards actually like it.
Objectively untrue.

Why did you just type out nword. Just say nigger you dumbass. Youre so cucked

Also linux is a family of OSs. You are thinking of the Linux Kernel. Common misconception amongst the homosexual community.

Outside of gaming and .Net development, there isn't really that much of a reason to run Windows.
I mean, shit, you can do .Net development to an extent on Linux already. All that is needed is for Steam Proton to work for a large majority games and Windows is pretty much pointless.

>cuck
>pajeet
>linux is just a kernel

We got ourselves a certified IT support desk associate II.

>How old?
20-25 years.
I was repeating what you said. It wouldn't make sense otherwise, you moron.
>Also linux is a family of OSs
No, it's just a kernel. There is no such thing as a Linux OS, just an OSs that use Linux.
>You are thinking of the Linux Kernel
Linux is just a kernel.
>Common misconception amongst the homosexual community.
No, you are just retarded. Do you call Android Linux?

>We got ourselves
Learn English, pajeet.
>gaming
Just call it "playing with toys".

Centos 7 does not run on 20-25 year old hardware. DOS does. Why would I ever use a linux OS when it doesnt support old hardware like a MS product does.

Attached: images.jpg (259x194, 9K)

>20-25 years.
Just plug in the floppies that came with your PC. Interestingly enough, GNU/Linux did no exist back then so this argument is moot.
However, linux currently has half a dozen different AMD drivers to choose from. All but Mesa are deprecated yet still exist for some reason.

>Centos 7 does not run on 20-25 year old hardware
So what? Why would you use CentOS as an example of every distro?
>DOS does
Depends on the hardware.
> Why would I ever use a linux OS when it doesnt support old hardware like a MS product does.
Use a source based distro, retard.

>I dont game thus its not a valid use for silicon wafers and I can ignore the argument of its support by the billions of people who do
Get a load of this guy

>Just because I have the source means it will run on my old IBM 390. Thats how compiling works right Jow Forumsentlemen

I dont think youve ever used linux honestly. The kernel or any of the 100s of linux operating systems that can be called linux.

>GNU/Linux did no exist back then
GNU/Linux has existed since the start of 1994, which is 25 years when rounding up.
>However, linux currently has half a dozen different AMD drivers to choose from. All but Mesa are deprecated yet still exist for some reason.
Freedom of choice.
It's just some gay shit that kids do. Why would it be relevant here?

>freedom of choosing incompatibility

Is that what you think is meant by source based distro? HAHAHAHAHAH Please be trolling.
>or any of the 100s of linux operating systems that can be called linux
Only one I haven't used is Google Android Linux.
xD

>GNU/Linux has existed since the start of 1994, which is 25 years when rounding up.
Address the point, retard.
>Freedom of choice.
Unproductive. All manhours put towards deprecated software can and should be put towards current stable software.

Kubernetes and containerization will replace linux in all use cases within 5 years. Prove me wrong.

>Address the point, retard.
You made no point.
>Unproductive. All manhours put towards deprecated software can and should be put towards current stable software.
Holy shit what a tard.

Yep it seems you forfeit and I win another internet argument.

>>How old?
>20-25 years.
Oh boy another broke ass autistic nigga desperately running deprecated-for-decades hardware. *yawn*

Youre right. You win. Linux isnt better than windows. I submit. Ill uninstall my linux OS and the GNU kernel now.