Birthday party for my little cousin

>Birthday party for my little cousin
>Aunt asks me how a computer works because I'm a software engineer
>Explain digital circuit design, NAND gate universality, outline of Von Neumann Architecture, layers of abstraction with {circuit, machine code, assembly language, programming languages}, all managed by the Operating System which decides which programs run when, mention how technically one program only runs at a given moment per core and it's just so fast you don't notice

>Jock cousins start laughing at me
>Do a snort and pretend to push up their glasses
>Repeat some words I said but in a nasally voice
>Aunt can't hold back her laughs but she tries to hold them back after and says "stop it" while giggling

Normies don't deserve technology I hope we go back to the stone age

Attached: 1410246345716.png (658x662, 62K)

I know that feel.
The exact same thing happened when my mom wanted to know how computers work.

>redditfrog
>normies
oh... ironic

>she tries to hold them back after and says "stop it" while giggling

my favorite type of MILF

Attached: aunt impressed boobs.jpg (704x528, 78K)

My grandmother wanted help with her computer, but she uses that stupid Windows thing and I know nothing about it.

Things that never happened

I... uhm... it just... transistors, logic gates... turing

>Yeah so like
*internal mental images of grand architectural designs and generic computational techniques*
*should I tell them about SISD vs SIMD vs MISD vs MIMD*
*should I tell them about functional programming languages and the code quality standards of C++*
>Basically like, it's all just circuits, except
>It's like a special type of circuit
*should I tell them about compiler design and how revolutionary C was and how Dennis doesn't get enough credit and Steve Jobs is a sham?*
>...And yeah that's it basically

Why would you feel bad about it?
Just fucking respond with: "Well, I guess someone isn't smart enough to understand and appreciate things anyway, am I right cousin?" with a smug face and voice.

The only thing worse than them teasing you about your knowledge is you being ashamed of knowing your shit. Grow a pair OP.

This. Why is it even a problem, just give them a Chinese burn and slap them on the butt

Wow you sure do know how to make people laugh at you more.

Practical demonstration is recommended.
Put your hand out - "Give me your smartphones".
When they refuse follow up with "Looks like you need this knowledge after all"

lmao just walk past it, normies can't hurt you

how many smarphones have you produced, user?

You learned a valuable lesson that day: Never reveal your power level. Just them it runs on magic. (As it does, for all they know)

you deserve this, thinking anyone would enjoy lecture about how shit works instead of simplifying things to few sentences is naive, well you've learned your lesson so you know how to do it next time

brainlet
fuck them, you did nothing wrong

>thinking this needed to be typed out

Attached: brain.jpg (645x729, 26K)

>Aunt asks me how a computer works because I'm a software engineer

"Sorry, auntie, but my consultancy rate is 200 bucks/hour."
"Now, pass me that piece of cake."

Attached: toasting pep.jpg (334x334, 88K)

This

you literally deserved it

>Aunt asks me how a computer works
>Do I
>
>a) Make a joke and laugh it out
>b) actually attempt to explain something that took me 4 years of uni to understand

Attached: 1512417706676s.jpg (249x237, 6K)

I even can't explain that. hahaha

digital circuit design, NAND, layers of bastraction. the hell. -_-

Graduated from EE, got years exp in IT. can't explain that.

This. This is why you faggots aren't able to get laid.

I applaud your family for being able to patiently listen to a 4 hour lecture before breaking into laughter

I still don't know how a computer works

>not mentioning the early salary for tech fields after to shut them up

>stupidipadgirl.jpg
What's a computer?

Attached: test.webm (500x267, 121K)

this, every time

All you had to say was:
>I wonder how much more a year I make more than you.

You have to turn it around on retards

Never happened to because my relatives aren't terrible people.

>"Now, pass me that hot piece of ass."
FTFY.

>family member asks how computer works
>explain them in detail as much as I can
>notice that she's confused
>dumb down my explanation comparing it to real world situations
>less confusion
>to the rest of life thinks I'm smart
>does not dare to engage with me in meaningful conversation because doesn't want to look stupid
>not even working in IT
oh well

What's windows? Do you mean the thing people use because they hate fun?

None of this crap is essential to understanding how a computer works
>explain how data and programs can be represented as numbers
>explain how hardware can represent those numbers
There, done.

It's always pretentious autists like these who obfuscate and do mindless namedropping for the sake of their ego. They usually don't know much beyond the basics and are horrible workers/producers as well.

Too bad these autists flock here for their shitposting.

>austismo sperg levels critical

Attached: tumblr_pcedjo4pOP1su3dqco1_500.jpg (444x750, 49K)

cringe

>that smile

Attached: 1439404608332.gif (212x225, 90K)

Your aunt is just a brainlet, I had many good discussions with non tech people, explaining tech and programming to them.

Of course everyone here thinks OP fucked up by trying to have an actual intelligent conversation about something SHE asked him, instead we should all just pander to some normie lowest common denominator, sasuga Jow Forums

you aren't socialized enough. Did you really expect her to take all that in? You sound more like you are trying to show off how much you know. That is why they are laughing.

You could have just said "they are made of millions of electric circuits that do math", and that would have been enough.

jimmy was wrong here. wht if it was sodium reduced salt? then its not just nacl

>taking an obvious shitpost seriously
You're the one who isn't socialized

>sodium reduced salt
what is that? chlorine gas?

well what are you gonna say when she his you eith the "yes but how does electron move around" or "how is the inout quantified to the outout"

everytime someone says his. nacl + kcl

>sodium reduced salt
Are americans really this fucking guillible?

Fuck off, helper is in no way related to r*ddit

But at least we get laid brah
*dabs*

>one jock cousin is a professional athlete taking home $350k a year
>the other runs his own gym and is pulling in $140k a year in profits
>your code monkey job gets you $80k, while 95% of the revenue you generate goes straight to your boss, who only employs you because he's a fan of your first cousin who secretly put in a good word for you

>software engineer
programmer

Stop putting on airs.

Obfuscate and mindless name dropping? Everything in OP is necessary to explain it

you sound like a nerd

When they are broke working "trades". And you're a software engineer owning porsches. You get to ask them how much they made banging rocks together. Then laugh.

Nerd rage

>I'm a software engineer
>that's a hardware question
>put 'computer' into your iphone's wikipedia app

Attached: smartgirl.jpg (500x318, 66K)

That's some strong delusion right there.

The fact that you can't articulate this in a succinct and easy to understand manner is exactly why you're an engineer and not management and never will be

Dumb frogposter. If you can't explain it in you don't understand it as well as you think.

Attached: 1516056607847.jpg (298x415, 34K)

Managers at my workplace earn the same as engineers of the same ranking, not more. Any successful company is run the same way.

>*does nerd shit*
>*cries when cousin makes fun of him*
>*post about it on a forum for nerds*
what did you expect?

I literally did explain it, they just laughed at me

You should get revenge by inventing a social network that harvests their personal data and sells their un-anonymized data to unscrupulous advertises.

You overexplained it which is not at all the same thing. Articulation is a vital asset and you don't have it.

>studying computer science
>relative asks me a question about what laptop they should buy

Attached: 1529219518992.jpg (498x470, 32K)

>redditfrog

lol that is some A1 b8, that must trigger literally everyone.

>"its just an absurdally advanced calculator"

>be autistic
>get bullied

You're a beta faggot, when I speak my family gets quiet and listens

I think they're convinced I'm "the next bill gates" and live in fear that this prophecy turns out to be true and be on my bad side

>tfw you're whole family sucks your cock in hope to in your good graces in case you succeed
feels good

Attached: topkek.jpg (476x399, 69K)

your fault for not dumbing it down
if you ever find yourself explaining stuff to people not on your field, imagine you're talking with a 10 year old, don't use terms that would require you to go on entire tangents just to explain how they're kinda related
you can list each and every piece that makes up a car, but you'll get a far more interested audience if you start with "there are literal gas explosions in there that move shit around, everything else is clockwork magic, there to keep the cycle going"

Okay help me then

>You know handheld calculators where you can do math and stuff
>It's like that except instead of pressing buttons you can give it a metaphorical piece of paper that presses the buttons automatically, and it can loop back and forth
>This lets it calculate anything - everything you see a computer doing is the result of complicated loops of various calculator button presses, even the monitor and sound

That never happened.