Do you use linkedin

>do you use linkedin
>do you upload an actual photo of yours
>do you think this shit actually helps in finding a job

Attached: LinkedIn.png (1024x768, 8K)

Intradesting topic: I am unsure what to do, too. Can people share their experiences, please?

Attached: 6BFBXyO.jpg (5312x2988, 644K)

It probably does. HR consists mainly of females that want to do as little work as possible so they probably browse linkedin for candidates.

Got called to an interview once , but I blew some technical questions and did not make the gig.
Yes they do try to recruit you , but have a good CV on there.

I get contracting work through it all the time

>yes
>yes
>no

First time I used it I looked up my ex..... it shows whose profiles you look at. Fucking just

Attached: 1530453779923.png (701x668, 78K)

yes
yes
yes definitely, it may not mean much but I get approached by reqruiters daily

Yes.
No.
No, I only did it because my boss needed a LinkedIn resume PDF for some reason.

Protip: If you want to get some sweet chink pussy, say you have security clearances.

You answer no you are really just revealing that you are in a career track that will never see you break the median pay

>>do you use linkedin
Yes, since I cba maintaining a CV anymore. Let alone keeping my own site and blog up to date. (My biggest bugbear is recruiters asking me for my CV straight away, like shit m8 it's there, it's all there on this website you're messaging me through you absolute mongoloid).
>>do you upload an actual photo of yours
Yes, normies on the web expect this everywhere now. On LinkedIn especially.
>>do you think this shit actually helps in finding a job
Yes it has done for me.

That's not to say it isn't an absolute dumpsterfire of recruiter spam. They're like flies buzzing around trying to sell you on shit roles and bullshit you and waste your time. If you live anywhere there's even remotely a tech scene then you're likely to get a few messages per week. Set your profile to Looking For Opportunities and you'll get several every week day. It's 99% garbage though.

But every now and then you do get a decent one. My advice is to ignore any 25 year old walking haircut in a suit with LinkedIn Gold and a template InMail ("Hello wrongname") that promises you too much money and a "really cool company looking to expand their 200 strong dev team", but wait for the messages from the recruiters that are a bit older and clearly aren't desperately hustling for the commission. They're less likely to waste your time and can actually be quite knowledgeable and helpful.

Attached: image.png (1200x630, 158K)

>yes
>no
>yes
I'm only in my first semester and I already have received 2 messages from recruiters, most likely due to my GithHub being full of pet projects and linked in the summary on my linkedin

If you have a nice degree and work experience it helps a lot, yes

>yes
>yes
>yes

recruiters dont care about your profile picture if you have great skillset/work experience specially if your currently working on a big company. i get messages from recruiters all the time even with pic related as my profile lol

Attached: 1471666873230.jpg (800x600, 75K)

yes
no
yes, definitly worked for me.

Real question is, do you HAVE to post shit and use it as twitter?

kek, may this anons misery be a lesson to us all

Most are bots that's why they don't give a shit about your profile pic. Even if you do upload your pic, the HR whores won't recognize you at the interview.

>Not having family who can land you a job, no interview needed
Lmao.

>no
>no
>probably

Got my next interview through LinkedIn, so yes

I don't live in a third world shithole where nepotism is prevalent, and I don't live San Fagcisco where I can dye my hair and land a 200K job.

thanks for the tip. works great, fucking some cute azn bitch as we speak.

>Yes
>Yes
>Yes

When I interviewed for my current role my boss never even looked at my paper resume, just the site.
Also get job offers from recruiters almost daily.

yeah, it's uncomfortable. I'm not tinfoil like some other people here but it's weird putting all my personal info and work experience online especially when I deleted my facebook because I don't like them with my info.

f
learned this the hard way too with someone else

No, no matter how much teachers shilled it and pressured me to use it just before I left high school, got current job by just walking in but I work as a dishwasher so?

Thanks for the lesson

f

I found my current job with linkedin.
And I get a new offer once or twice a week.

Attached: biz.jpg (248x326, 18K)

I made a fake account and connected with many people I know in real life so that I could sneak on them, people are retards and many accept connection invitations, the more connections you get the easier to connect to others

Care to explain?

>yes
>yes
>yes
I've gone to multiple interviews based on cold calls from recruiters who had no other info than the linkedin profile. They were relatively well-paying jobs,too.

yes
yes
I don't know, I've gotten several job offers already and they're all better than where I'm currently working

>no
>yes
>no

Guys, I dropped out twice from two colleges over the span of 7 (SEVEN) years. Should I bother writing these in my CV/linkedin, or should I outright lie and say I was working at a family business this entire time? The first college is the equivalent of MIT in our country but I dropped out after 3 semesters with terrible grades. However, the family business DOES exist and they can lie for me and say I was a co-owner and manager. Which path should I choose anons?

Attached: 1521899218354.png (1280x715, 782K)

I made an account but I never look at it since I get multiple offers every day.
No
Yes

>(My biggest bugbear is recruiters asking me for my CV straight away, like shit m8 it's there, it's all there on this website you're messaging me through you absolute mongoloid).

Recruiters are NPCs, they work under certain parameters do not forget that.

>Yes
>Yes
>Haven't actually helped because just now I'm on my way to get my first job, but I'm sure it will help afterwards.

So you are like me, a doomer wanting to be a go-getter.
I'd say you should try college again and apply to companies like accenture and similar that have workshops for you to learn cobol/.net/java/whatever

>yes
>yes
>yes

I get multiple calls/messages from staffing agencies on a weekly basis. Not sure how useful that is since I'm ready employed and don't follow up. But it's also been helpful with connecting with previous coworkers who are working at companies where I've wanted to interview.

>Real question is, do you HAVE to post shit and use it as twitter?
I'd say no. Your CV should speak for itself. Recruiters only care about keyword matching.

I have debt and I am a horny and lonely 28 year old. I need a decent desk job NOW.

Attached: K_frustarted.jpg (914x514, 70K)

I've been headhunted through LinkedIn from legit companies quite a few times.

>sis manages a store for a clothing store chain
>lands me a job in the warehouse
>3 days a week on minimum wage
Reach for the sky.

Pull yourself by the bootstrap :^)

Yes
Yes
Yes, many recruiters who target my specific school have contacted me. Google even has dedicated recruiters for my school who contacted me, but I never responded because fuck niggers

Got hired at dev and stor support lv3 because of LinkedIn, no big deal but good social network for finding job

most of our hires are from LI, we mainly use it because other sources produce long time unemployed alcoholics and retards, it's not a goldmine for hires but the quality more than makes up for it, stay unemployed alcoholic losers who don't use LinkedIn, won't be sad for you

Would you (the company) ever hire someone without a degree?

Same. But I also can imagine the autismal spergs here have much more trouble.

Attached: 11-MUNDO-23.jpg (558x461, 50K)

>yes
>yes
>I regularly get messages from recruiters asking if I would be interested in a job (I already have a job)

I just have it so employers can see me on something, as I do not have a Facebook or Instagram or anything else really. I don't ever read posts or other bullshit from LinkedIn

we actually have some programmers who are self taught and were hired based on their portfolio, we don't have degree requirements

If you're an unemployed alcoholic loser, you most likely have zero contacts in the industry so your LI profile will have zero connections. No recruiter will contact you anyway.

have a profile just name sit no photo
>actually needing to put effort in to find a job
lel

when we hire people we just browse LI profiles, tho true it's harder to get noticed if you are not connected but it's not a death sentence if you don't have hundreds of connections, we don't have a HR black box doing our hiring our programming staff "finds a new friend" to put it in our boss's phrasing

yes, no, yes

Yeah, yeah, dont really care. I have a really good job people would kill eachother over. I've gotten a few interview offers but havent been interested as I have kids and side consulting job on top of my top 1% paying job.

Maybe in 15 years when my kids have moved away I'll find a job in a nicer climate.

Same happened to me. Idgaf tho.

>no
>no
>no

>tfw only getting responses from headhunters

Attached: 1534073104907.jpg (225x225, 6K)

based

Yes.
No.
Possibly. Not looking for a new job atm, but ever since my current job appeared on my profile, I've been getting a lot of profile views and have been contacted by a few recruiters.

I do HR consulting and scout hires for companies so I guess I will help. Yeah put a LinkedIn up, have a photo too, people want to look at you and find out if you look shady or took the time to get a professional head shot done. We judge on appearance and anyone who says otherwise is a fucking liar. We just have a bunch of laws and systems in place to deny that. Second, do you have experience, can you demonstrate the experience and talk about why I would care about the experience, and do you act autistic irl or can you act like a normal human. Third, and most important and I will put this in all caps to emphasize my point, DON'T GO TO FUCKING JOB FAIRS AND MILLS. Find the organizations in your field, network there, pass around a business card with your LinkedIn that should have a resume on it, make an impression on those people. If you're a new college kid, did you fuck around in college or did you get involved in field related organizations, did you do field related intern work and can you talk about it, do you have actual real world work experience in anything because I need to know you aren't a retard who can't adjust to the workplace.

Do you need 5 years experience to apply? No. I want that. That doesn't mean I'll get it. Resumes are needs and wants and you need to parse that out. Often really retarded HR people will get a request to hire employees for specific things, and then fuck it up by adding a spin to weed people out to make it feel like they've done something. However they usually fuck up and weed out too many good candidates. Just apply if you want the job and think you can do it. Also large companies will run your shit through a program to weed it out because typical HR have more to do (like not doing their job because who really puts in more than 40% these days) than sift through a mountain of resumes in a day.

I have no degree and so most of people in my team.
We hire anyone who has decent portfolio/experience, has some skills in areas we need at the moment and is willing to learn new technologies. I don't think anyone cares about your degree here.

It's small/mid software house though.

Yeah I would never be a wagecuck to begin with, but if I was your boss I’d fire you for being incompetent. Not wanting to be a part of the botnet != being an alchoholic. To the OP, no goy, you should not be uploading your personal data and work history to LinkedIn for cia niggers, the tax man and other savory people to monitor you for any work or tax related data you may have not reported to any of the various authorities

I bet you are not a wagecuck nor are you an earner of any kind you fucking neet loser, enjoy your cheap liquor and anime

>>do you use linkedin
Yes
>>do you upload an actual photo of yours
Yes
>>do you think this shit actually helps in finding a job
Yes, I've landed several offers after being initially contacted on LinkedIn.

Yes I found a job once but then I got a raise from my current company to stay. In the end I got more money so I'd say it was worth using

Since I don't have a kikebook this is the only way I'm not a total ghost.
>go to ex coworkers page to shamelessly copy paste stuff they wrote
>looks like I'm creeping on everyone
I know at least one chick did the full on laughing_whores.jpg because I looked at her profile to steal a sentence or two.

Lmfao, nah faggot. Jakes on you because I don’t drink. Enjoy your Chris Hansen beer belly and dementia

get a job

Wagie Wagie get in cagie
All day long you sweat and ragie~

oh nvm, there is no danger anyone would hire an anime homo actually

Anime board, anime website. If you don’t like it you can fuck off back to Jow Forums kid. But I hope you dont, I hope you stay here and learn our ways. That is if you can handle it

Can I use anyone here as a reference?

Yeah I use LinkedIn. Uploaded a picture of me and got a job offer as a fixed income analyst for in Dublin while I still need to finish my B.S. in the Netherlands this year.

Felt good tbqh, but I'm not gonna take it. Want to have a master's degree first before I start working

Attached: FB_IMG_1544307054528.jpg (750x723, 42K)

I've been offered job interviews from recruiters but I just like the attention.
I like my job as a small voip shop and it's a good tool to update the profile whenever work is slow to show myself there are more opportunities when I am trying to ask for a raise but so far management has played ball

Attached: not_indian.png (147x28, 12K)