Are lightweight low mem browsers still a thing? I very much love to run jupyter without my options being a giant pain...

Are lightweight low mem browsers still a thing? I very much love to run jupyter without my options being a giant pain. Just tried luakit and was not impressed.

Attached: Jupyter_logo.svg.png (1024x276, 26K)

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/millejoh/emacs-ipython-notebook
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>love to run jupyter
>lightweight
Holy shit, what has happened to this industry.

I HAVE to run jupyter. It's not my choice. My job runs Jupyter Hub and demands we use notebooks. I would very much like my options to not being a giant pain.

just b yourself

Attached: Untitled.png (704x113, 8K)

>.exe

>he felled for the thinkpad meme
Drop a grand for a decent laptop and you'll be fine.

You can access notebooks from within Emacs using EIN: github.com/millejoh/emacs-ipython-notebook

Use emacs org-mode + ob-ipython

>jupyter
>worrying about 300mb of ram consumed by browser
Try Midori, i guess

>My job
Then why do you care about "lightweight"? Ask your employer for a machine powerful enough to run both firefox and python at the same time.

>Are lightweight low mem browsers still a thing?
No, but it really shouldn't matter to you as you are already running jupyter.

Run Lunascape or gecko, my Dad uses Lunascape with a Pentium 3 with 2GB of RAM on a stripped down vista system.

falkon
qutebrowser
otter browser
midori
seamonkey
k-meleon

>Pentium 3 with 2GiB ram
>with Vista of all things
Yeah, nah.

Solid options, but not what I asked for.

I care about lightweight because I'm going on holiday and taking one of my POS old laptops with me (haven't bought a laptop since 2009). I'd be connecting to Jupyter Hub remotely.

Fucking thanks. I'm not sure why fuckers are always big on having a discussion about X when someone asks about Y.

>taking one of my POS old laptops
Why would you do that? For one that would be a security issue. I also feel like working on my own hardware for work would exceed the "privacy" boundary.
On the other hand, people also use their own car to go to work and wear their own clothes. But my own hardware goes off too far for whatever reason

Thanks for continuing a conversation I don't care about instead of, you know, recommending a browser

Attached: 1290911390225.jpg (673x432, 120K)

>asks for lightweight browsers
>receives lightweight browsers
>gets mad when given suggestions for lightweight browsers and an example low-end system which runs it well

That's called being a cunt

>Fucking thanks.
I'm actually being thankful, I'm just super annoyed and complaining about everyone else but those two.

>Are lightweight low mem browsers still a thing?
They ceased to become a thing once Chrome appeared.
>I very much love to run jupyter without my options being a giant pain.
Not really possible. Jupyter (and consequently JupyterLab) require "modern" browsers.

Apologize for being rude

It came off as extremely sarcastic and pointing the accusatory finger at us rather than at the other people.

how do you adblock without adons?

Forgot to add to , but I'm the guy who suggested Lunascape

does emacs have a good browser plugin?

Dillo browser is a solid choice

QTbrowser maybe?

Javascript was a mistake

Depends how light you want to go

Lightest is w3m or lynx

Lightest graphical is netsurf or Dillo

Lightest with decent compatibility is midori, qutebrowser, etc

i use links

I also like dillo and netsurf. netsurf is a little less broken and a little less lightweight.