/hpg/ - Headphone General

How to request purchase advice: pastebin.com/fYZLW7Ub

For sub-$50 headphones and IEMs, check out the infographic in Jow Forums wiki headphone FAQ: wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php?title=Headphones

Previous thread:

Attached: headphones holmemee neko seifuku thighhighs.jpg (1447x2047, 1.31M)

Other urls found in this thread:

my.mixtape.moe/zxvwgs.mp3
amazon.co.uk/beyerdynamic-1990-Studio-Reference-Headphones/dp/B01KM9EJ7I
amazon.co.uk/beyerdynamic-Closed-Studio-Reference-Headphones/dp/B0142FEWD4/ref=pd_sim_267_5?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_i=B0142FEWD4&pd_rd_r=2f1e5364-faf8-11e8-b14d-05f94afb9837&pd_rd_w=pXA4c&pd_rd_wg=nLdm2&pf_rd_p=1e3b4162-429b-4ea8-80b8-75d978d3d89e&pf_rd_r=C56K8FMB90KBZTMANQJV&psc=1&refRID=C56K8FMB90KBZTMANQJV
walmart.com/ip/BeyerDynamic-DT-1990-PRO-250-Ohm-Open-Studio-Headphones-710490/600988551
rtings.com/headphones/1-2/graph#628/2060/290
sonarworks.com/truefi
sonarworks.com/reference
reddit.com/r/headphones/comments/a4b5kq/beyerdynamic_dt1990_pro_just_218_at_amazon_uk_57/
youtu.be/DSBg9Ka9I_Y
youtube.com/watch?v=UN-LX-y2Ntw
youtube.com/watch?v=igKXRrb5_ts
youtube.com/watch?v=uURwELdI38o
youtube.com/watch?v=SFvUvcKeJDo
youtube.com/watch?v=A08fzhikzuo
youtu.be/IFKWBhsNeDc
youtube.com/watch?v=fhBA6ynorvc
youtu.be/faE0AW2Yfgg
amazon.es/gp/product/B01KM9EJ7I/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

how many of the people in this thread buy thousand dollar audio setups to listen to stupid meme music like anime songs or shitty soundcloud rap?

There's DT990's with 80ohm but I can't find any info online about them whatsoever, seems they are new?
was thinking about getting them over the 250 to avoid having to get an amp but like i said, theres like no info about them.

I listen to trance music with female singers. Like this Gareth Emery - Saving Light as an example.
$2300 in headphone stuff

wtf why in the world would you buy a dt990
it's one of the worst 'hifi' headphones ever made by a long shot

Do obscure black metal demos count?

I know with the DT770 the lowest ohm version has different earpads, might be the same case here
otherwise it's just the same DT990

>spending money on hifi equipment to listen to guitars played through a $10 portable amp and recorded on a potato
???

Why you are responding with anything but "don't buy a fucking dt990 you retarded chimp!" ?
Even the dt880 is far better.

Because I don't feel the need to push my own preferences onto other people and generally act like an inbred spastic?

Reminder: hpg is filled with a bunch of poorfags

It has nothing to do with preferences. He is about to make a mistake and you know it.

It has everything to do with preferences. You're chimping out because someone wants to buy something you don't like. Take a breather.

dt990 vs dt880 (both 250 Ohms)

Nearly everyone hates the DT990 pro. The only version that is liked by anyone(and it's DMS3TV the chimp that talks about an amp's detail) is the DT990 premium.
The DT880 is the same damn headphone with a better sound signature why in the world would he not get that? They're cheap as fuck too
DT880 christ

That's my endgame for audio desu.

Attached: 1532819392335.png (704x720, 413K)

Do you need a glass of water?

all of them

Attached: 61UxS-yIKfL._SL1001_.jpg (1001x1001, 83K)

>angry racist shitposters are also redditors
Imagine my surprise!

Yes actually. I have a water bottle I always use with my 0 cal snapple peach tea flavor packets. It was getting dirty so I filled it with hot water and soap and let it sit shaking it occasionally yesterday. I then get thirsty and empty it out and rinse it maybe 10, 15 times in the sink. Fill it up make my drink and drink like half of it.
Take a drink this morning and it smells and tastes like soap and I'm still feeling sick.
It's like the soap fused with the plastic and I have nothing else to drink out of.
I'm very sad. Half way decent water bottles are like $7 and I don't have that much money.

my.mixtape.moe/zxvwgs.mp3

Attached: 1464305391854.jpg (403x375, 57K)

How are the Focal Chic?

based cracklephones

hey brticucks, DT1990 at £218
amazon.co.uk/beyerdynamic-1990-Studio-Reference-Headphones/dp/B01KM9EJ7I

And spirit one s? Better than dt880 pro?

>already bought headphones this month
FUUCK the temptation is strong

>by a German company that only has one review despite selling 7000 items on massive discounts
>by a German company that literally has garden tools in its name
I think this one is legit, lads, go for it

DT1770 at £187.98
amazon.co.uk/beyerdynamic-Closed-Studio-Reference-Headphones/dp/B0142FEWD4/ref=pd_sim_267_5?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_i=B0142FEWD4&pd_rd_r=2f1e5364-faf8-11e8-b14d-05f94afb9837&pd_rd_w=pXA4c&pd_rd_wg=nLdm2&pf_rd_p=1e3b4162-429b-4ea8-80b8-75d978d3d89e&pf_rd_r=C56K8FMB90KBZTMANQJV&psc=1&refRID=C56K8FMB90KBZTMANQJV

Obviously. Almost none of them have or will consider actual decent stereo speakers. The ones that do all have chep powered studio monitors.

Have you listened to Eli & Fur? Their Night Blooming Jasmine EP is solid.

>enters thread for headphone discussion
>bitches about people not owning speakers

I'll do that right now. I feel like I'm out of music so I love any rec's. Thanks user.

pack it up man they already shut your scam down

Is there a simple, newfag friendly guide to choosing an amp?

There is but really it's just jds labs atom for desktop and topping nx4 for portable.

here is the headphone amp guide summary

smart: buy atom
stupid: buy schiit or clicky clicky

Are you angry because mum forbidden you from using your shitty """hi-fi"''" floorstanders because of noise?
I would be angry too, knowing speakers I spent all my mcdonalds wages lose to cheap monitors.

Let me know what you think! They also have an older EP called Illusions but it's not as good IMO. I'm assuming you know of Above & Beyond already but check out their acoustic albums if you haven't already.

This was for (You)

Yes I'm familiar with above and beyond but all their stuff got over played by me years ago so I only put them on every once in a while.
The music I burn out lately was Gareth Emery 100 reasons to live, ferry corsten bluerpint, cosmic gate materia chapter two, and andrew rayel moments and find your harmony
If you haven't heard any of those they're all very good.
firing up smloadr now to grab Night Blooming Jasmine

Post your end games anons. Here is my comfy setup!

Attached: 20181207_160727.jpg (1504x2016, 500K)

is the 1990 good
im so fucking tempted right now

what makes the atom so good/other amps so shitty?

Very good! I was so fucking tempted too. I would just drool over them. I saw a bundle deal on amazon with a stand and case for $500 and pulled the trigger. Extremely happy right now user.

Very nice user. I would love to hear the DT1990 and preferably compare it to the HD800. I suspect they may be more similar than most people realize.
I've also heard the DT1990 has some of the best bass available in an open back.
Hope they lower the price like they seem to be in europe.
If I was in europe I would have bought that shit instantly. You could throw it on headfi and ship it to the states for $500 easy.
It was measured using state of the art equipment on a site called audiosciencereview and found to be the best performing amp that's cheaper than the THX 789. That's basically it.

Understandable, the acoustic albums just don't get old to me though. I know Gareth and cosmic gate but the others I'll have to check out

here look what i found user $480 gogogogogo

walmart.com/ip/BeyerDynamic-DT-1990-PRO-250-Ohm-Open-Studio-Headphones-710490/600988551

headphones are never on sale in australia

Attached: 1514823360461.png (600x600, 183K)

what is crackle?

At least you had Steve Irwin. F

Get a used HD800/800S.

DT1990 has heavy clamp and isn't that comfortable.

rtings.com/headphones/1-2/graph#628/2060/290

Attached: DT1990 raw-frequency-response-l-graph.png (900x520, 73K)

T1 looks much better than DT1990
better drivers and also driver is angled.

Attached: 08C23B30-312C-45FD-A1FC-C63DDA7C4AAA.jpg (300x269, 20K)

Is it true most music becomes unlistenable with beyerdynamic headphones because of their ear piercing highs?

i dont know

how do i get an AES output for my pc?

Yeah the t1 is cool but the dt1990 is like $200 in europe right now
Haven't been able to try either yet and I really want to. I'm sensitive to upper mids not treble and even then I always use EQ anyway.

>Nearly everyone hates the DT990 pro.
/hpg/ is literally overrun with beyerfags I don't know whether to laugh about it or not.

Attached: 18795248987132580.jpg (250x223, 9K)

They're shilling the DT1990. The dt990 pro is absolute trash

in review they said T1 highs are little bit laid back in comparison to HD800

buy lynx aes16

Still can't understand why the 990 is shit on but the 1990 is a-okay.

Attached: R7rMpJk.jpg (2238x638, 128K)

lol what the fuck

SMSL stuff is also good

So the quality between JDS and Schiit are pretty much same right?
Except, the former provides better customer support than the latter?

How? I see 399

d1990 is even harsher than the hd800 which got shit on for it's treble spike but somehow the 1990 gets a free pass

Attached: jAzbBIA.png (1198x615, 67K)

Because you can EQ that shit if you're bothered enough.
HD800 sound shit on treble even with EQ.

>DT880 is the same damn headphone with a better sound signature
im gonna blow your mind user:

Attached: Screenshot_20181208_195344.png (950x442, 47K)

>buying $500+ headphones
>EQ is not optional but mandatory
why are people buying this crap?

Attached: thunking.png (246x302, 116K)

and on de its 450 euros what are your amrifats on about

If you want "out of the box" headphones, stick to low-mid tier headphones.

Nearly all of the high tier headphones requires EQ if you want perfection. Hell, you got people spending hours trying to find the "sweet spot" for their $XXXX headphone/earspeaker.

Then there's this:
sonarworks.com/truefi
sonarworks.com/reference

200$ ???? you smoke some good things user. still a little less than 500€

I'm not defending the dt1990 either. I made the same arguement you're making but they have the headphone in hand and say it sounds good and I don't so I gave up. Not like any one involved has anything to gain from it.
I just really believe the DT990 is not good unless you informed enough to understand what all it's measurements mean and exactly what you're buying.
I think almost everyone would be better served by the DT880 or even 770 if they wanna stay beyer.
If everyone was willing to use EQ we would only ever suggest one headphone. I use EQ, you use EQ, but someone asking about a DT990 in here certainly won't use it and if they do they wont use it well.
Besides the DT880 requires less correction than the DT990 anyway.

It's around 200e on sale right now, maybe 250. Everyone was talking about how tempting it is.

>muh graphs
complete autism lmao
there are many expensive models that measure very well but end up sounding like trash on practice
those are fake sellers, amazon is slacking lately

everyone who? gimme a link, at 200€ i buy them even if i dont like them.

Well what can you say? These are no different from someone telling you to "burn" your headphone for hundreds of hours because "it just sounds better".

There are no common ground for this hobby. So many bullshits, snake oils, subjectivity, polarizing opinions etc.

Just take everything related to audio with grain of salt.

You're a moron. On both of your points.
reddit.com/r/headphones/comments/a4b5kq/beyerdynamic_dt1990_pro_just_218_at_amazon_uk_57/

complete joke. I have stax, I don't need to EQ out a 10+ dB treble spike and they are sibilant free, metallic free. every headphone is improved by EQ but you shouldn't need to unfuck an FR on an expensive headphone
>they have the headphone in hand and say it sounds good and I don't so I gave up
I'm over it already, they'll move on to the next FOTM headphone for their next drug fix eventually.

399 british bucks, 450€ you fake idiot

Could you guys help me choose a headphone?

i need something cheap and detailed and makes you feel you are in that place where music is coming from, and i play vidya from time to time so a good sound stage would also be nice.

>Budget
(100-150 €)
>Location
Germany
>Source
Normal Pc motherboard
>Type of headphone
full-sized ( If there is an IEM that suit the requirements better then please tell which.
>Open or closed
I don't really care,
>Comfort level
I usually wear my headphones 24/7 so comfy af Please.
>Sound signature
Neutral? (If another sound signature fits the requirement better then please inform me.
>Past headphones
None a pleb when it comes to headphones.

Here are things that i usually listen too:

youtu.be/DSBg9Ka9I_Y

youtube.com/watch?v=UN-LX-y2Ntw

youtube.com/watch?v=igKXRrb5_ts

youtube.com/watch?v=uURwELdI38o

youtube.com/watch?v=SFvUvcKeJDo

youtube.com/watch?v=A08fzhikzuo

youtu.be/IFKWBhsNeDc

youtube.com/watch?v=fhBA6ynorvc

youtu.be/faE0AW2Yfgg

Attached: __original_drawn_by_ein_long_cake__sample-1bd6cc2238ebbbbf32caac30df5b0191.jpg (850x523, 95K)

Shut up you sniveling little faggot. They were at that price and apparently are back up at what their normal is now. It's discussed right in the comments in the link.
How the fuck do you make it through day to day life while being so oblivious?

58x

you're a complete retard, nobody is going to sell you new products for half their price just because, especially outside of holiday deals
it was either a pricing mistake or scam

and you think people who bought them at 250€ are gonna receive them? you are a total retard if you think the world work like this, that guys will receive a "sorry that price was our mistake" and no more. you absolute retarded form of non-life

ryan is making an argon version of the t60rp

godbless him

Attached: 1520215469055.png (640x773, 17K)

oh look another fucking scam lmao
amazon.es/gp/product/B01KM9EJ7I/

okay. its not my fault you missed the pricing error/sale. Cheer up you could just fraud a pair for free if you really want them
at least the other user who was torn over if he should buy them or not has his mind made up for him
keep on sniveling friends

Attached: 80542d2c8dbf21b5a9eef072897a7546.jpg (1047x912, 323K)

reading is so hard i just cant do it idk what every ones talking about im so confused!!!
you cant get things for cheap its a scam i tell u!
since clearly you're familiar with pricing errors(assuming it was one) you would know people get the items all the time. slickdeals wouldnt even exist if no one ever received the items from pricing errors

Attached: scammed.jpg (1242x523, 62K)

due to psychoacoustics, having a dip and then a peak (dt990) makes the peak sound much more empathized than having a more even, gradual rise to the peak (dt1990)

He's from germany Germany.

Is it more expensive to get stuff from massdrop in europe? I suppose he could slut around on the used marketplace for hd600/650s in that case then

sure it might, now explain to me why people call the 1990 neutral

Oh yeah I forgot that once the dealer puts it on Amazon, they have to deliver, no backsies.
Pic related is your glorious German gardening tool company selling the DT1990 for like 200€.

Attached: chrome_2018-12-08_19-31-43.png (1235x234, 30K)

Buy a USB DDC. Preferably one with XMOS XU208 or Amanero Combo384 chipsets.

Strawman. I didn't say they always deliver the item. fuck off brainlet

Hello I need headphones for single player gaming

Between the Sennheiser 559 and the Takstar pro 82 which would you pick? I need comfort most of all, I don't care about sound leak

Attached: 1543741219625.jpg (400x400, 24K)

Open > closed, unless you need sound isolation.