I hurt myself today

I hurt myself today...

Attached: Untitled.jpg (697x1001, 195K)

Other urls found in this thread:

translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=auto&tl=en&u=https://3dnews.ru/973284/page-3.html
youtube.com/watch?v=BMvnuvCcpOE
youtube.com/watch?v=PjGvdJgMy_k
youtube.com/watch?v=XojbNs-SH30
youtube.com/watch?v=lzXpShQxC7M
thedailycoin.org/2018/08/02/the-strangulation-of-the-russian-economy-in-the-1990s-was-a-deliberate-imf-policy/
csef.ru/en/nauka-i-obshchestvo/306/sovetskie-korni-proczessora-intel-pentium-4912
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

To see if I still feel

I focus on the pain

The only thing that's real

The needle tears a hole

Attached: 1516351806471.png (512x512, 51K)

The old familiar sting

Try to kill it all away

But I remember....everything

What has open source become?

VLIW architectures are big gay.

Attached: 1540709433667.png (665x670, 176K)

based x86

>big gay
back to r/dankmemes

MY SWEETEST FRIEND

*SWEDISH

x86 is dead.
Elbrus2000 is the new king.

Attached: The 5th Generation 28nm 8-Core VLIW Elbrus-8C Processor Architecture.png (6164x1439, 2.3M)

so you're saying that Russians of all people are going to overtake global computing market with repurposed ballistic missile targeting chips?

I'm not really shitting on them or anything though. I thing it's pretty fucking amazing that they managed to cobble together half decent CPU's (and actually pretty decent servers) without rest of the world (and mainly gaymrz funding it all) sucking their dicks.

Attached: 1525637861568.jpg (452x697, 41K)

Everyone I know

My favourite Nine Inch Nails song.

you can do anything with enough >muh national security bux

Speculative execution happens in the compiler and not on the silicon at run-time like with Intel and AMD. This means less silicon is used and less power is consumed, going from 150W x86 down to 40W Elbrus for roughly the same theoretical performance. This itself makes it attractive for enterprise in terms of price-performance. Also no possibility of having specter or meltdown type bugs.

It does not obfuscate instructions into RISC microcode so what you see is what you get. This means that you are sure that no fumy business happens without you knowing about it.

Pointers have a label to them that prevent them from reading addresses they are not allowed to read. As soon as a buffer overflow occurs, an interrupt is raised. This makes it more secure.

Stuff like matrix multiplication is compiled to use multiple ALUs in parallel inside the core. This means that you don't need to do hyper-threading as the compiler takes care of parallelism for you. This is also extended to other cores. If you buy a 16 core Elbrus they you can expect to have double the performance of an 8 core Elbrus for a single thread program.

translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=auto&tl=en&u=https://3dnews.ru/973284/page-3.html

To kill x86 you have to make something actually better.

it's a jhonny cash song you retard

>muh national security bux
dude SPARC has operational budget that wouldn't cover Intel HQ cafeteria staff salaries

No, it's not. Why do people mistakenly believe this? Johnny boy merely covered it.

The x86 architecture is objectively terrible and Johnny Cash is boomer garbage.

Can we all agree that the Johnny Cash version is better, but the Nine Inch Nails version is still good?

NIN version sounds a lot more depressing in tone

That's why I like the NIN version better. It's real and speaks to the soul.

576 GFLOPS single precision, 288 GFLOPS double precision.
This is a CPU that is getting into the GPU territory.

Attached: Screenshot_2018-12-09 Google Translate.png (1032x1758, 632K)

Attached: 1421031699387.jpg (702x1118, 320K)

>mfw listening to Hurt for the first time
>the first four lines of the song

Attached: 1498343562539.png (500x477, 137K)

unironically impressive

Attached: 1543558218419.jpg (380x394, 14K)

And who needs that shit when it costs $3k+?

wouldn't cost 3k if it wasn't made in single workshop for 50 customers

Why does it matter?
Chips are manufactured on TSMC on the old-ass process.

Budget builds.
youtube.com/watch?v=BMvnuvCcpOE

Attached: Screenshot_2018-12-09 Google Translate.png (900x1617, 465K)

based slavshill continue pls

8-core computer => 2 workstations each getting 4 cores. Currently in development.

Attached: Screenshot_2018-12-09 Альт на Эльбрусе — обе вершины Горыныч Мих (2194x1234, 355K)

x86 is inmortal, like Highlander.

>budget builds
And the price? Still 150k russian rupies?

>Tu-160 wallpaper
m8 you seem to be at least fluent in the language, so I would like to abuse you for a moment
I want to know if they're really making a whole new generation of that plane or if it's gonna be just same 80's airframe with ++++ electronics like new intels

Attached: kThqQ8BW_400x400.jpg (400x400, 40K)

>150k
Try 200k.
These people are fucking insane.
3k$+ for the cheapest garbage.
They are not trying to make an actual product.

4 Elbrus 8c, 1 server try.

>you seem to be at least fluent in the language
Family emigrated to belgium when I was a toddler. Recently graduated as an electrical engineer.
>Tu-160
Don't know anything about that. It's cheaper to upgrade the electronics then to redesign the whole plane from scratch. No need to have the absolute best planes when you have the absolute best Anti-Air defense or not invading countries across the globe.

Attached: 3ce8e515c9dfaf4f19367208c440d012.jpg (869x498, 164K)

youtube.com/watch?v=PjGvdJgMy_k

bummer
just wanted to know if they will come up with some cool stuff like NK-32 - MOST POWERFUL MOTHERFUCKING COMBAT AIRCRAFT JET ENGINE ON THE PLANET successor or something like that...

Aka the new scheme to steal and split government grands.
Can you stop shilling this shit here?
It's embarrassing to see how you foreigners fall for our propaganda.

not really; it was a slam dunk for DSP and other specialty processors.

If such a thing existed then it would probably be kept a secret. I'm pretty sure Russia has their own black budget projects.

When my parents visited Russia not too long ago they had to pass a region (south of Moscow) where frequent sonic booms occur from airplanes. Weather it is training or testing new stuff I can't tell, but I am pretty sure that Russia has some secret stuff. If I remember correctly they are researching fusions propulsion engines, but I am pulling from memory right now.

>It's embarrassing to see how you foreigners fall for our propaganda.
Propaganda for foreigners in a Russian language.

>Propaganda for foreigners in a Russian language
Are you retarded?
I said "our propaganda". It was never meant for foreigners, but what can they do when you retards translate it and fall for it.

One last bump before bed time.

thank you frens

>x86 would be dead if it werent for amd extending it to 64bit
ironic, isnt it

Attached: palpy.jpg (1280x720, 67K)

this thread is still up?

Yes

Attached: 1541970608400.gif (549x598, 325K)

Example of Elbrus translating x86 to Elbrus2000. youtube.com/watch?v=XojbNs-SH30

Ideally you would recompile programs for the Elbrus2000 architecture but a lot of programs and drivers are x86 binary blobs. So in the mean time they get translated by an x86 to Elbrus2000 compiler.

Attached: VLIW_Elbrus_4_CPU_with_onboard_x86_emulation.jpg (400x659, 108K)

>thiz year we kill C
>thiz year we kill x86
>thiz year is linux desktop year
>thiz year apple will crash and bur
yep

based

Is it like every fucking year we hear this?

Attached: 1539053288227.jpg (720x833, 27K)

MCST, the developer of the Elbrus CPUs, currently does not have a distribution network. Currently, the only way to order these computers and servers trays is by sending an email with an order quantity. So you can't just buy one at a time. When enough orders are in, everything is produce in one large batch and later distributed by the postal services in Russia. I'm not sure how it is handled outside of Russia. It can thus take a few months before your computer arrives.
They are mostly ordered by offices, universities and government.

MCST is busy with developing a distribution network and developing and manufacturing cheap 1-core and 2-core Elbrus PCs that can rival the current Intel and AMD offerings. Expect worldwide public announcements in a year or two.

>thiz year we kill x86
>thiz year is linux desktop year
Russia intends to switch the entire country over to linux and MCST develops their own linux distributing that runs on the Elbrus CPU and is called Elbrus OS.
youtube.com/watch?v=lzXpShQxC7M

MCST intends to open source the architecture and the very large and expensive compilers. This will be done piece by piece, after they have established their world wide destitution network and the Elbrus PCs start selling like hot cakes. They would however first have to get permission from the government as it is the government who ordered (and paid for) the development of all these advancements. The government holds all the rights and intellectual property.

>Expect worldwide public announcements in a year or two.
I can't really see this not getting embargoed to fuck and back because ebil Russia unless an actual miracle happens in the meantime

how is it different than super-scalar instruction parallelism and what modern compilers do currently?

USA and Europe is not the entire world. Sure, they have a lot of money but those regions are saturated and full of Intel and AMD fanboys. Selling Elbrus to countries like India, Turky, Syria, Iraq, and other Asian countries would be a good start to keep the ball rolling. Currently around 10000 Elbrus PCs are sold in a year. If sales are increased to even 100000 by expanding to emerging markets then the Elbrus PCs can be manufactured for much much cheaper. If the USA and their allies put an embargo on the Elbrus PCs then you can expect 3th world internet companies starting to out-compete the current internet monopolies in cloud computing by having cheaper more efficient more secure infrastructure.

Stuff like out of order execution and speculative execution is done by the Elbrus2000 compiler. This means that the microcode contains instructions with flags that designate an instruction as a speculative execution. With Intel and AMD that is done on the Silicon. The x86 CPU receive instructions, then a scheduler rearranges the instructions and inserts speculative instructions at run-time where there are if-statements and loops. This increases the silicon footprint size and increases power-consumption.

Each Elbrus core has 6 Multiply-accumulate ALUs. When you for example preform a matrix multiplication then compilers saturates all 6 ALUs with multiplication instructions in one microcode and 6 multiplications are preformed each clock cycle on one core.

This makes it fast, cheap and and power efficient. The most expensive part is the development of the compiler but that is a one time development cost while baking a scheduler in everythe silicon increases cost and power consumption for every CPU and is an accumulating cost. The downside is that the Elbrus2000 architecture needs more memory bandwidth and cache because the microcode instructions is a bit bigger to control 6 ALUs at the same time. Elbrus PCs typically come with 24GB of memory. In this day and age memory size is not a problem as you can always download more RAM.

This also avoid the need for multi-threading as the compiler takes care of all the parallelization.

So Itanium was failed, but Elbrus success? All praise the government buxs!

>If you buy a 16 core Elbrus they you can expect to have double the performance of an 8 core Elbrus for a single thread program.
Amdahl BTFO /s

except when you use syscalls

Elbrus was a success back in the 80s but innovation was halted duo to the collapse of the soviet union and the violent 90s. Russia was forced to pay off the entire debt of the soviet union. thedailycoin.org/2018/08/02/the-strangulation-of-the-russian-economy-in-the-1990s-was-a-deliberate-imf-policy/

Intel is a knockoff off of everything that was made in Russia (Soviet Union). csef.ru/en/nauka-i-obshchestvo/306/sovetskie-korni-proczessora-intel-pentium-4912

The Soviet union didn't consider the microelectronics industry as a space race with the USA so certain projects were unfunded and the Intel knockoffs got ahead and sold for cheaper. A lot of the R&D was already done by the Russians.

I don't know much about Itanium but yes, so long as the government keeps funding it then Elbrus will dominate. Killing the x86 and overthrowing Intel, AMD, IBM, etc. requires massive initial investment. The entire Russian government and military already runs on Elbrus. The Russian S300 Anti-Air weaponry is also powered by Elbrus. These Elbrus PCs are military grade desktops. It is only a matter of time and investment.

Lol sure thing jew commie lmaooooo

What part do you not agree with?