/spg/ - Smartphone General

OnePlus 6T McLaren Edition Edition

If requesting purchasing advice, please provide your country and what carrier you will be using it with, along with wanted features, budget and size.

Good Resources:
>Reviews, Specs, Comparisons
gsmarena.com
phonearena.com
kimovil.com

>Frequency Checker
willmyphonework.net
frequencycheck.com
kimovil.com/en/frequency-checker

>Chinkphone news
gizchina.com
gizmochina.com

>Visual Phone Size Comparison
phonearena.com/phones/size

>Post a Mini-Review of your Smartphone
>Discuss upcoming and current models
>Ask for help related to phones
>Tell us how much shekels you spent on good/bad phone

Previous thread

Attached: OnePlus6TMcLareneditionspread.jpg (1274x726, 95K)

Other urls found in this thread:

bbc.com/news/technology-46483337
cell2get.com/nokia-71-dualsim-64gb-smartphone-unlocked-blue-11ctll11a03-p-7562.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Any idea when pixel 3 lite is being released?

Early 2019

what could go wrong if i buy the SG model of the redmi note 5 instead of the HS?

Would the Honor 9 Lite be a good upgrade for a poorlet Moto G2 user?

5th for Xiameme Mi A2 Lite

>90 male and 90 female rats
low as fuck sample size
>RFR-exposed male rats lived longer than non-exposed rats
uhh ohh...
>In males for both GSM- and CDMA-modulated RFR, we conclude that exposures increased the number of animals with tumors in the heart
so the rats that live longer get more cancer wowzies. but lets dig deeper, maybe there is more to it

>9W/kg exposure
To heat 1g water by 1K at body temperature you need roughly ~4.175J. Body tissue is majorly made up by water. With 9W/kg they are heating up the rats by more than 0.002K per second or almost 8K per hour (14.4° F for amerifats).

They write that they radiate them for 9 hours every day.
They radiated 500g male adult rats with ~35 kcal per day when google says that they need about ~50 kcal per day in food.

That's like radiating an adult human male with 2000kcal of heat every day. Surface sun radiation during a clear summer day during zenith is about 1000W/m2. A human male lying on a beach should get about 500W/s at a body weight of 70kg so the exposure is still below 9W/kg. So the radiation intensity the rats were exposed to was HIGHER than lying on the beach in summer when the sun is hottest and lasted for 9 hours every day. Rats can't sweat, they get rid of excess heat through their tails. So basically they get cooked alive. I am really curious how much this elevated their body temperature.

If you think about it, this makes sense. The radiated rats most likely ate less and many studies show that eating less makes rats live significantly longer. At the same time the permanently elevated body heat probably inflamed their tissue and taxed their organs. The increase in heat also increases the speed of chemical reactions and thus the odds of getting cancer increases.

All these issues with the study just at a quick superficial glance. And no answer provided to how low energy radiation could directly cause cancer.

??

>All these issues with the study just at a quick superficial glance
And nothing more is needed, because they're not done on humans.

SH model just had better band coverage for US, B2, B4 and B5, whereas SG has only B4 and B5.

No

Then what would be within that similar budget, senpai?

what does that mean? faster connection or easiest compatibility with phone companys?
sorry im a brainlet

Both

Pocophone or Honor View 10 for 320€?

thanks user, ill take a look

Keep up the good work user. You're clearly an A+ student in high school and that indicates you'll do really well at university

Here's some things you may learn at university, deepening on what you decide to study:

* Rats are not opaque to RF waves, so they will not be heated by the actual power of the radiation. RF exposure is not equivalent to IR or UV

* Regardless of any other factors, a result suggesting that non-ionizing radiation can cause cancer is noteworthy, especially considering that we are blasting humans with constantly increasing amounts of it

Redmi Note 5

Poco

I think the View 10 is a bit more compact and has a slightly better camera
though the Poco is newer and has a better soc, the difference is very small and you can't really go wrong with either

Thoughts on the oneplus 6t? Worth getting, or better alternatives? I really like its long battery life and aesthetics.

it's great, but if you can find a OP6 for much cheaper you should go for that.

Is minor screen bleed on the bottom of the Pocophone normal? Even on all the YouTube videos I notice this bleeding or am I tripping?

does anyone remember these? I'm a zoomer and I remember many growing up with these, with the parents thinking they bought their kids an Android phone.

Attached: Samsung-Star.jpg (500x650, 74K)

Best open source file managers? Possibly ones with as many features as possible.

is there any good phone around $100?

$100 is very tricky, you can try to get a Redmi 5A/6A for that or a Nokia 1, maybe some Moto Es are around that. But really consider like $150 and you will get WAY better phones

Used Pixel 1 for about that price.

I don't how the used market in your region is but you can try to get old flagships

I've had my current phone for almost 6 years now and I'm finally getting a new one. Don't know shit about smartphones but after a bit of research I'm thinking of getting either a Mi A2 Lite or a Pocophone F1. Not sure which one is the better pick though or if there are better options for similar prices, pls halp.

Hello
Is it worth changing my lg v20 to g7 or v30 now, or better wait spring for v40 price drop?
I whant better camera.

Nokia 7.1 Vs Nokia 8 Sirocco?

Attached: chrome_2018-12-08_12-52-44.png (337x548, 152K)

Just bought a OnePlus 6t a week or so ago, and I absolutely love it. Was a long time pixel/nexus phone user, but I just couldn't deal with only 128GB of storage anymore. I'm baffled by how much I love this phone so far. The OS is near perfection, the build and quality of the phone is superb, and the feature set is enough for me to be more than satisfied. Anyone else have one of these things?

>Nokia 7.1
midrange but capable chip,1080+p, notch and chin, 3.5mm jack
>Nokia 8 Sirocco
last year's high end chip, 1440p, bezels, no 3.5mm jack

bbc.com/news/technology-46483337

Should we be worried?

No because you didnt buy from them...did you?

Should I just cancel from GearBest and buy from the Xiaomi store in Aliexpress instead? Would it be any faster?

Attached: chinksgonnachink.png (1108x203, 44K)

Yea, have mine 4 weeks. Really nothing much to say about it - it's just great, no flaws

No but I did consider the P20 Pro. Britbong by the way.

You guys are making me happy that I am buying obeplus 6t tomorrow

>McLaren edition

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 70K)

I was never really interested in any of the older OP phones, but this one just checks all of the boxes for me. It is solid.

Is this website safe? cell2get.com/nokia-71-dualsim-64gb-smartphone-unlocked-blue-11ctll11a03-p-7562.html

Attached: Dt2kMlIW0AUiCq4.jpg (720x960, 53K)

Will the xiaomi event in NY announce US pocophone?

>non-ionizing radiation can cause cancer
and how is it supposed to do that? it's not just non-ionizing, it is many orders of magnitude below that

maybe

>only thing wrong with previous oneplus phones was a fast fingerprint scanner and having a headphone jack

I'm still using my S7 Edge which I've had since launch, around mid next year I'll have had it for 3 years and will start to think about moving onto a new phone.

I loved the phone, but I don't think I want to spend anything near that upfront price again, so I don't think I'll consider the S10 or anything similar

Any suggestions for a phone comparable to the S7 in terms of power and screen quality? I don't know much about mid range phones but as long as it's smooth and snappy I don't have a problem

looks safe to me. as for pic related, are those ants?

>no headphone jack
utter trash

By that time the S9+ will probably see a decent discount, so you might consider that.

Note 9+ on payment plan from your carrier

>face detect app not working warning appears
err
nothing is running except clock cos i was changing wake up times
brb getting some electrical tape and covering selfie camera

Now you know why they want to put a front facing camera so much that they go as far as to introduce ugly notches or screen holes

That's the point. We do not believe RF can induce cancer, therefore a study suggesting it does is a big deal

Alright you faggots. I did it. Thanks everyone who helped me aka shilled for this phone for free.

My local retailed just raised the price today so I am buying from Ali Express. for the first time. Theirs is not just cheaper and the exact same version of my local retailer, but they also have the most beautiful red version AND 128GB instead of just 64. So it's a triple victory.

Wtf I love chink shit now.

Attached: 1525890484834.png (921x329, 25K)

What cases, if any, do you recommend?

This actually would look good if it wasn't for the cyclop notch

You did good kid

Attached: latest[1].jpg (379x247, 32K)

>Note 9+ on payment plan from your carrier
Nope. But Note 9 when it costs roughly the same as used the S7 Edge does now.

My parents got me a Galaxy S9, but I love my Redmi 4 Prime too much. How do you break up with your old phone? I didn't feel like this with my G3 (god that was an awful phone) and my Droid RAZR

Flash a good rom on your S9, I had a R4P too running LOS15.1, got a Nokia 8 now running Stock Android 8.1.

>Want to buy the Poco f1 armored edition
>Can’t order it from flipkart, Mi.in, or any site because India seems to require a god damn phone number for every purchase
>Import taxes and fees bring the price up to $550
Well shit, fuck you too, Xiaomi. Guess I’ll get the OnePlus 6

Why are cell provider shops full of such inept cunts?

I give some rough guidelines and they tell me to go through the catalog. What the actual fuck?

Anyone have any recs?

1. Extremely long battery life
2. No larger than a iphone 7
3. Android

Why do you need the armored edition?

I've the opportunity to either get a galaxy s8 or a pocophone f1 virtually for free, which one should I get?

My own personal preferences/requirements are basically met by everything with a display.
So I have no idea what is good and what isn't as I still use an s3 from the stone age and never bothered to look into new phones until now.

Poco F1 definitely. The S8 is locked down and seems to have a very weak back and front glass.

>2. No larger than a iphone 7
Sony XZ1/XZ2 Compact

Redpill me on the pocophone guys
It has all the features I want
-top of the line SoC
-headphone jack
-microsd slot
-stereo speakers
Whats the catch?
The plastic build? The average screen?

>Doesn’t look like shit
>8GB of ram, more future proof
>256GB of storage, I can keep more shit on there

>$100 off MSRP when nowhere else has it that low
>literally looks like a phishing website that baits in old people
>Brooklyn, NY

Yeah sure sounds good, retard.

>Poco f2 will be out in only 3 months
>Some people actually bought first gen tech
Lmao

I want to save money

Attached: tenor.gif (220x184, 8K)

What are some good cases for nokia 7.1?

>notch

Attached: pepe vomit.jpg (250x188, 8K)

Got mine since it went on sale. Happy with battery, amoled screen is also what I wanted, but I rather have side mounted fp reader.

Camera has surprisingly good zoom, really better than my previous mi a1. The loudspeaker was a letdown for me. Build quality seems to be ok.

What I love is the fact that indeed half an hour gives you full day power _ that's not a lie. Also performance wise the thing flies. Battery is really worth the extra penny.

I'm concerned that the device will get forgotten after op7 launch though.

no catch. It's the deal of the year

Is the Meizu 16th a good buy right now, its only $440 on aliexpress?

Redpill me on programming socks

is a modern phone released today noticeably faster than a five year old phone for normal use (email text calling browsing the web etc.) Not including playing phone "games".

its the best phone of the year
except it can't make phone calls(in the US)

Enjoy using the only one band and being forced to use wifi 80% of the time.

Yes. Why? Because software in general (not just games) are getting more bloaty.

Have you checked the bands?

Small chance you'd catch a phone with screen bleeding issues.

the bands are the exact same as in the local retailer so I assume they work. they also say on a compatabiliy website that my provider is covered

dont get why I should worry about something like this anyway

Some countries like US and Australia use bands that no one else uses. If you're not from those place then it's usually fine

Pocophone

everything i wanted in a phone once it gets exynos and thus bootloader unlock
>best flat OLED on the market
>3.5mm
>water resistance
>SD
>Qi charging
As long as the SoC performance is at least Shitdragon 650 level I'll take it.

Attached: .png (713x795, 173K)

Imagine buying a Pocoshit. It costs as much as the 16gb ram kit in my PC. Are you guys all poorfags or what? I wouldn't dream of buying cheap shit like that.

The S10+ would have been my dream phone if not for the bullshit camera holes in the display
as such I'll buy the XZ4. I'm curious to see if triple meme cameras will help the phone take better photos, since it's a guarantee that the camera software will be pozzed.

What phone does your waifu use

Attached: pixel.jpg (980x1080, 243K)

holes >notch

Fuck India for having it for cheap. This must be how they feel about our GPUs/CPUs.

I really don't get why the US have to act so autistic about doing everything their own way even when their own way is objectively inferior.

Attached: 1515620562431.png (606x618, 72K)

i have a motorola phone

Attached: 0aaeb950d033681406a66782516b50f3d8394699399cb22df4f6971f3536d258.jpg (926x875, 176K)

If you're fine with 1080p, the Meizu 16 is a great option for $200.

Attached: 1529778358212.png (2061x833, 855K)

OnePlus 6T is a great phone. I haven't heard a single bad thing about it unless you particularly want a headphone jack.