If you haven't worked at at least one tech startup then why do you even bother coming here?

If you haven't worked at at least one tech startup then why do you even bother coming here?
Do you even live in a relevant city?

Attached: 1539336575857.jpg (3500x2334, 941K)

Why the fuck would I work twice the hours for a third of the pay?

To be somebody. To change the world. Make something big out of nothing.

I do both and I recommend neither. If you can manage to get a job in a real, actually-profitable company in a city that doesn't have sky-high housing costs you'll be much better off.

But young people do young and stupid things.

kek, he fell for change the world meme
enjoy servitude

Sounds like you come from a poor family lmao

That's fine. Enjoy making 5 figures at the age of 30.

>To be somebody
For a couple weeks, if you can get on some kind of retarded normie tech blog
>To change the world
Name a single startup that did actually change the world
>Make something big out of nothing
More like make nothing out of money people invested in your shit

>name a startup that changed the world
Apple

Don't see where you're getting that not-particularly-true non-sequitur from. Unless you're seriously suggesting going in debt to work somewhere. Because if so, damn. I've been young before, but I've never been THAT young.

Sometimes you have to lose money to make money. If you can't even afford that then why are you trying to make headway in the industry? You never stood a chance. Try not being born to a shit family LMAO.

>For a couple weeks, if you can get on some kind of retarded normie tech blog
This is more than Internet fame, sweet summer child.

>Name a single startup that did actually change the world
Apple
Microsoft
Dell
Hewlett Packard
Google

>More like make nothing out of money people invested in your shit
Getting that money is part of the effort. Sounds like you've never had to make a single business decision in your life. You don't know what you're talking about.

Jokes on you I make 0 figures at age 28

>at at least
its taking years to invent something new its taking more time to handle the patent war
meanwhile we relaxing by reading fag threds like yours

This. I'm also working at a meme startup and while it's a lot of fun, overall it's not worth it, unless you own it.
Good devs should either sell their soul to FAANG or create something new (and later sell it to FAANG as well).

not a single one of those is a startup
try harder

I fucking hate startups.
Good pay the first months, then comes the overtime without pay.
Always:
>we're expecting a great cash injection sometime soon from a very cool VC
>we're gonna make it
>product buzzword of the year is the product
>they always want to offer you shares or whatever
I did it twice, first time I was a noob and only did it for the resume even though I knew I'd get assfucked. Second time I asked for a normal salary and explicitly put in the contract no overtime for more than two weeks. Quit very soon.

If you think a startup has potential, do it on a salary with an option to buy shares or whatever at the price of the time of your contract, everything else is retarded. Most startups don't survive past their second VC injection.
BROTIP, consult for a startup, but don't work under it. You'll get the eyes of the VCs instead of a resume that is 20 pages long with jobs lasting less than 2 years avg.

BLOCKCHAIN

congratulations, this was the most autistic thing I've read today

why does that small netbook connected to the monitor looks so comfy

>using a fucking vga adapter in the year 2018
wtf is wrong with that dumb bitch?

Also startups are gay

Why would I work for a company that will go up in flames in 3 years?

Attached: 1539905651594.png (947x644, 794K)

Nice to see how toxic and low IQ Jow Forums is.

Someone has the case of the regrets.

Attached: 1540863994000.jpg (525x525, 25K)

Boomer here. I think it's about personal philosophy and how much you stick to it. For me is more about working to have more freedom to spent with family, friends and community; than to gain fame or be part of something "greater".
Society is too focused on achievement/fame imo.

Yikes, that's a big word sweetie

Has to be terrible for your neck though... it's like looking down at your hands all day.

Because I'm working at rocket plants and live in Moscow. Startups are gay.

I'm a bootcamp grad and want to move to NYC, so only startups will deign to look at my resume. I just want to get paid.

Btw, anyone want to give me a referral? (unironically)

>Apple
>Microsoft
>Dell
>Hewlett Packard
>Google
>Skype
All those companies are garbage and their products should not be used by anyone. But I guess making the world worse is technically still changing it.

>BROTIP, consult for a startup, but don't work under it.
How do you go about this and get them to go along with it?

>why do you even bother coming here?
I use tech to post here to why wouldn’t I?

Riddle me this troll: why would I ever bother working for someone else’s startup when I can just build my own? Why would my startup ever look for other people when I can automate everything given the massive security and legal risks of bringing on people? Why would my startup ever look for finding if any profitable tech business requires no investment? Why would I move to an expensive city if I can oversee my business globally through any internet connection? Enjoy your (you) and thanks for posting what basedboys literally believe

yes because starting a company in the 70s/80s is exactly the same as starting one in 2019 when the market is saturated to shit and nothing is produced locally
fuck off the only think people like you change is the width of their anus when they get fucked by jamal