I don't feel so good

Attached: 1541820818521.jpg (1280x720, 57K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=zeBngSJOr_A
youtube.com/watch?v=NkfEn4CPA5E
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

every day I look my speices with ever greater disgust

wtf I'm looking at

you don't look so good

Have you tried not watching CNN for 14 hours a day?

>he hasnt burned in the image of his waifu into is 100” OLED meme TV
Baka

Attached: BCD9E964-143C-4F1D-9E1B-7DD34A1EA6A8.jpg (800x994, 189K)

The future of display technology

the OLED meme

inb4 oled shills defend this

why is that guy watching Mustard Cam?

1st gen oped di this. Not anym9re.

Did mustard gas do this?

why don't OLED TVs come with built in screensavers?

>ever buying an OLED TV
oh no no no

based

Spoilers: This screen is functioning perfectly. It is showing the latest episode of World's Most Dangerous Places where they go scuba diving in the Mustard Straits. The green smears are bubbling mustard gas.

I fell for the OLED meme

I am addicted to that zero backlight shit

Watching movies in the dark is glorious and I've never seen a better picture on a TV

But holy F do you have to look after it. My GF has a habit of pausing whatever she's watching and fucking off somewhere. Even with the Shield's 5 min shut off time there is residual imagery. We've had the TV for like 4 months. Not looking good for when the OLEDs start getting old in a year or so.

resale value of 0 in 2 years?

D-does that mean pizza images can get burned into the screen itself? Could they be invisible to the naked eye but detectable with equipment? Somebody tell me.

That only happens in demo mode cuz it shoots the brightness up like crazy

It's photo made by a retard that bought OLED TV off of a store display to save a few bucks

It does
>Put on movie
>Turn off lights
>Can't see tv
>Text appears in the middle of the screen
>Can't actually tell where the screen starts and end because of dark room
>mfw
I've had this thing for about 2 years now and have had zero issues. You don't have to really baby it, just turn it off when you leave the room.

Attached: donladboner.jpg (800x450, 62K)

yes

Attached: 1526893976542.jpg (640x607, 94K)

They all have a feature to refresh the TV while it's off

OLED cucks will defend this

Attached: real-burn-in-week-44-tv-3-red-large.jpg (3840x2160, 1.21M)

If there was a video being played on oled tv of a tree falling down in the forest but there was no one in the room to watch it, did it really happen?

To be fair, that's 20 hours a day of nothing but CNN for 44 weeks straight. If that's how you're gonna use the TV, you'd be better served by an LCD.

Why do they feel the need to push these clearly flawed technologies into the market? It won't be long until every screen out there is oled.

Attached: output.webm (640x360, 2.21M)

That's what happens when you watch too much of drumpf on TV

>being an actual boomer

>burn-in
>pwm
>limited life-span
technology just keeps getting better

Is there any flat panel display technology with true blacks that doesn't have burn in?

Yes, but you won't see it in your lifetime.

Micro LED. But they currently can't make the LEDs small enough for normal sized 4k TVs (

>why don't OLED TVs come with built in screensavers?
>New technology requires screensavers all over again

*Raughs*

>true blacks
why do you even need this? A 4k LED isn't enough to enjoy a fucking movie?

pen and paper

some people really like their blacks.

What burns faster, OLED or Plasma?

Underrated.

It's ether garbage on day one with lcd or garbage on day 600 with OLED
I'm not a poorfag so I know which one I'd rather have

I guess if you're a graphic designer, a color grader for movies & TV, or part of another profession that works with colors, it helps to be able to tell the difference between true black and almost-black.

How about LED?

>holy F
Retarded redditor.

>hurr QLED is just a poverty imitation of OLED
Who's laughing NOW?!?

>you can even see the fucking silhouette in the thumb
haunting

Attached: 1514979025375.jpg (288x467, 19K)

LCD with FALD can do true black in any given dimming zone, so long as there are no bright areas of the image in that zone. Otherwise you'll get haloing, which is arguably worse than a raised black level that's uniform everywhere.

Currently, the best FALD LCDs still have under 1000 dimming zones, which means each individual zone is relatively large, and by extension the haloing is more noticeable. Starting next year though we should see LCDs with Mini LED FALD backlights being introduced with between 1,000 and 10,000 zones, which should help significantly to reduce the perception of haloing.

Just stream BLACKED.com to your TV

I've got a huge fucking boner for high contrast color schemes. Contrast is easily the most important thing to me.

LED is LCD, bro, same with QLED
Don't fall for the marketing tricks
There's only LCD and OLED TVs that you can buy right now, everything else is a lie

When every news is Breaking, nothing will be.

That post was made sarcastically
but really LCD and LED are the same thing
When people talk about LED there talking about LCD with an LED backlight as to differentiate from older LCDs which used florescent back lighting
Today all LCDs are LED backlit so when people say LCD they mean panels that are not OLED

in a busy living room with seats at every angle this turns out far worse than a traditional flat screen

LG stopped making curved OLEDs, that one is from 2016

When will we get the crystal clear motion of CRTs back?
youtube.com/watch?v=zeBngSJOr_A
It's been almost 2 decades already

With a pair of some really heavy duty scissors LG could have made a killing off of selling curved OLED ultrawides to the PC market

Wrong. VA + FALD on low is the best

based cia nigger

the city of (you)

Why do people buy leading edge technology without knowing what they're getting into? You're trading off burn in and IR for better picture quality.
It likes people who bought rotaries and drove them like piston engines
>What do you mean I should be putting a little 2T oil in with the fuel?
>Why would I redline my car? That's bad for it you know
>you mean I have to wait for it to warm up before I turn it off?!

But I need a TV capable of displaying blacks accurately so I can enjoy my BLACKED™ content.

>marketing

Cutting edge tech has always mostly targeted towards people who have money to throwaway
People get OLED because it looks good or it's the most expensive and they have enough money to replace a TV every year. They don't bother reading reviews or anything because they don't need to because they have enough for the most expensive model at Best Buy.
Anyone else looking for a good TV will look at reviews and no doubt will see the issues of OLED and decide to just get the highest end LCD or something

>They don't bother reading reviews
I think it's the opposite with OLED buyers, actually. OLEDs consistently get the highest ratings from professional reviewers. Meanwhile, in brightly-lit showrooms OLEDs can often look underwhelming next to the best LCDs because of the latter's higher max brightness, which is what really sells sets to normies that don't read reviews.

Enthusiasts buy OLED, normies with money just buy whatever Samsung the guy at the store told them to buy.

That lasagna looks crisp

does she pause her shit to go fuck with Jamal? you fucking cuck

Attached: chinksraugh.jpg (289x174, 13K)

planned obsolescence, cucking the customer in purpose, etc

Any honest reviewer is going to mention OLED longevity issues and anyone slightly conscious about what they are spending will turn away from OLED especially if they don't plan on buying another in a year or two. I'm sure there are people who know the issues and still want the best and they make an educated choice to get OLED and there is nothing wrong with that but there is a subset of people who just buy shit based on price and will end up getting OLED because if its 3 grand it must be good

>Enthusiasts
Less enthusiasts live in the high end than anywhere else.
Most enthusiasts will end up buying whatever they can afford after painstaking hours of research and only a very small percentage of those enthusiasts well go on to buy OLED.
a person with his $1000 Miata can be just as much of an enthusiast as the one who buys a second-hand Lambo

>enthusiast buy OLED
lol nice meme

Attached: JVChad.jpg (1200x686, 113K)

A high end LCD costs just as much as a high end OLED. Look at a 65" Samsung Q9FN vs. a 65" LG E8, for example -- both around $3,300 right now.

People don't buy OLED because it's expensive, they buy it because they either read or heard it was the best.

It's not really how it works with the newer generation of OLED TVs, permanent burn-in would be difficult to achieve for normal usage and even then you are talking about retention on full color images so even this should not be a problem. My OLED TV has been used about 3-4 hours a day for the past 18 months and there is no burn-in.

There are other problems with OLED and permanent burn-in isn't something that you should worry about. Image retention however is a problem, so if you plan on using your TV for long sessions of gaming or watching other types of content with static elements, you will have to turn your TV on and off for a while if it starts happening. It's annoying so I don't recommend and OLED TV if you are a "power user" for this reason, it's more suited for watching movies and such.

I also have a QLED and while the difference is noticeable in a direct comparison between image quality, you won't really find flaws with a good quality QLED that is properly calibrated unless you start looking for it.

not an oled shill but is this even noticeable when watching TV? I can see similar artifacts on my oneplus 5t if I view a light static color.

>posting meme yourself

Attached: 1520043115229.jpg (631x852, 84K)

>3~4 hours.
Hell my TV is on from the point I enter through the door to the moment I leave.

Fucking every channel having a logo in the corner, even HBO n shit.

What's funny is that Samsung is getting back in the OLED game next year because they've hit the limit with what they can do with LCD, and it still can't compete with OLED.

Oled is garbage especially for TV's buen in on static images on less than a week/months use is just dogshit even when compared to CRTs plasma and some lcd/leds that suffer burn in or stuck pixels

It's in the living room so I mostly use it when I watch kinos, I use the QLED in my PC room 80% of the time.

All you have to do it look at audiophiles, the shit they buy is ridiculous

>curved

yikes

youtube.com/watch?v=NkfEn4CPA5E

Except unlike a lot of audiophile gear, you can actually measure how good a display is pretty easily.

And OLED provides the best picture quality.

Right

>tfw still rocking CRT with no ghosting and great contrast
>all for less than $5

Attached: IMG_20170530_021434.jpg (2592x1944, 2.48M)

There is a difference between audiophiles and audio enthusiasts.
Audiophiles are downright retards believing snake oil like magical sand filled power cables
Enthusiasts will tend to be more practical and will choose shit based on what actually sounds good to them and stick with it

future german weaponry designed to release zyklon through your televison set. every house in america will have one.

>Pixel shifting technology
>Chad

??

sure, if you want to go back to ghosting/burn in

for 6 months

Just avoid bright, static logos for extended periods of time and it'll last for years.

are the people waiting for microled displays aware that leds also degrade with use over time?
i mean you don't have to make them avoid sunlight exposure like oled, but they still begin to dim when only a year has passed

>leds also degrade with use over time?
my monitor is 5 years old and it's still perfect with no burn in

we're not talking about led backlit displays, you tech illiterate

AFAIK inorganic LEDs last a lot longer than OLEDs. Keep in mind also that LED-backlit monitors basically run at 100% full time regardless of what's being shown, whereas a Micro LED display will vary its output per pixel based on the content. Aging will probably be a non-issue with Micro LED over the lifetime of a display.

Which immediately disqualifies any PC use, TV network use, Gaming and leaves only Movies and TV shows

Actual real LEDs don't degrade nearly as bad as OLED. LEDs with phosphors (white LEDs) should last 50000 hours until there is any real lumen degradation. Single color monochrome LEDs which is what is going to be used on a MicroLED display will last even longer

>Which immediately disqualifies any PC use, TV network use, Gaming and leaves only Movies and TV shows
Agreed, though I think there are some games you could get away with without much of a problem. Take a look at rtings tests - even after 6000 hours, the OLED running Call of Duty still looks fine.

Attached: rtings burn in tests 44 weeks gray.png (894x580, 98K)

>Keep in mind also that LED-backlit monitors basically run at 100% full time regardless of what's being shown
that at least means the wear is pretty uniform over time, the leds are most likely from the same batch and will decay at the same rate, the light before being distributed through the backlight system is pretty much going to be all the same intensity for the entire display
>Micro LED display will vary its output per pixel based on the content. Aging will probably be a non-issue with Micro LED over the lifetime of a display.
the issue becomes, similarly to oled, that when you have content being displayed that is mostly unchanging color or intensity, those are going to be the leds lighting and decaying more quickly than ones that are not having to light

the thought i have isn't about the lifespan as much as it is the lack of uniformity when content is displayed
as you see "burn-in" with oled or the crts of old, there will be degradation over time with microled as well

if you're ever planning on using them for production displays with color sensitive applications, such as a printing house, microled may wind up being a shitty technology still
though if you're just a media consumer looking to watch movies on your tv then yeah, you can probably abuse it till "the next best thing" comes out

>as you see "burn-in" with oled or the crts of old, there will be degradation over time with microled as well
It will have to be seen but since we should be dealing with conventional type inorganic LEDs that don't use a pospher it will probably be a very long while until any unevenness becomes actually noticeable to a human eye

>if you're ever planning on using them for production displays with color sensitive applications, such as a printing house, microled may wind up being a shitty technology still
I fail to see how MicroLED won't be better than any LCD as the RGB LEDs used are going to be more pure in color than and LCD pixel can.
LEDs can be tuned to a single precise wavelength which is what you want in a subpixel

>Which immediately disqualifies any PC use, TV network use, Gaming and leaves only Movies and TV shows
And? It's an enthusiast product, there are trade offs. You're not looking for best bang for your buck.