Is it possible that intel will actually skip their 10nm process?

Is it possible that intel will actually skip their 10nm process?

anandtech.com/show/13683/intel-euvenabled-7nm-process-tech-is-on-track

Please no memes (barring the OP image)

Attached: 1536090312609.png (682x792, 339K)

no, this is just intel trying to finish their 10nm and then rebranding it as the new and improved 7nm process lmao

Who cares? It makes absolutely no difference to the end user.

Yes it does because then the end user will use amd instead dude

It makes no difference at all.
If Ryzen performed as it does but happened to be built on 1 µm like the 486, what difference would it make? It would still be ~20% behind Intel in performance.
The number attached by marketing is completely irrelevant.

>If Ryzen performed as it does but happened to be built on 1 µm like the 486, what difference would it make?
It would be impossible to manufacturer (would take about 40 150mm 1um waters for an 8 core ryzen)

If 7nm is really doing as well as this article suggests, Intel might be able to skip it too.

The public will be happy to wait for 5nm, scheduled for 2025.

By being real it would be possible by definition.

AMD is utter shit dude.

>20%

Man that intel koolaid.

It's more like 30 actually.

Attached: 1536933295046.png (1109x3646, 376K)

I honestly feel bad for you.

>slower than a 5 year old intel

The absolute state of amdniggers

Possible? No. They'll be poorly shitting 10nm dies out until at least 2021. They're not going to jump into 7nm EUV at the drop of a hat. Designs can't be ported over night. Rumor mill nonsense to try and protect intel's brand.

>slower in single core than a 4 years old CPU I literally gave away yesterday for borrowing a burned W7U DVD

Attached: 15129159902.jpg (450x450, 28K)

>Is it possible that intel will actually skip their 10nm process?

It is possible they could with the resources they have but I am doubtful since they tried skipping 12nm for 10nm and are still stuck with that.

All shilling aside the good thing we have now is that Intel will have to compete with AMD so they will have to make better CPUs instead of keeping us locking us onto quad core i7s with hyperthreading for the top end consumer range without going into HEDT (like they did from Sandybridge to Kaby Lake, fortunately the Coffee hit them hard eventually); even if Intel are better than AMD in performance (but AMD then wins on price, etc).

Yes.
Beancounters are running the show right now, 10nm is dead - the money, time and engineers required to fix it would be better spent getting 7nm done sooner to compete with TSMC.
If they had more competent engineers that were brought upto speed 12 months ago, they could possibly do both - but they don't, so canning 10nm is their best move.

They have 10nm products but they're NUCs

They're not skipping shit, at best it will be a short generation (2 years max)

I'll believe 7nm when I see it

Kek at the AMDrones in the comments thinking that Intel's 10nm, 7nm and 5nm are all the same team

/thread

intel is finished nigger

I live a half mile away from the 7nm fab in AZ. it's real af, no 10nm here.

yes, different teams working on each process

they will probably release their 12nm first