Friend refuses to use windows because it's insecure

>friend refuses to use windows because it's insecure
>he has a password manager

Attached: 1445973333105.jpg (504x360, 59K)

Other urls found in this thread:

9p.io/sys/doc/auth.html
blog.cryptographyengineering.com/2018/10/19/lets-talk-about-pake/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Who are you quoting?
Also it sounds like your friend belongs here more than you do, scuttle back off to OP

He's still more secure against pajeetware than you are.

Attached: 1339528754034.png (448x360, 47K)

I refuse to use Windows because I find it impractical and less useful than GNU.

>open source non-cloud password manager with encrypted keyfile
>insecure

Share your recommendation with the class senpai. What's a better approach?

Samefag

While I agree the answer is your brain. This is really only an issue for sites that impose awkward password rules. In reality creating a good password is just a matter of good imagination and length. It's extremely sad to see lots of websites impose password length limits.

A password manager such as KeePass is secure. Just make sure no one accesses your device AND knows your KeePass database password.

I have no worries of being hacked. My password database is encrypted, and hosted on a cloud storage service of my choice.

For someone to actually hack my database, they first need to figure out what cloud service I have my database hosted. Then they have to hack the 2 step verification logon creds to my online storage account. IF they even accomplish that, my database is encrypted, so it's fucking useless without knowing my password.

I would never use a password manager that stores all their password vaults on a central server like LastPass and others, but even then, the password vaults are still encrypted, so a hacker would either have to know how to crack the encryption, or correctly guess the passwords to thousands of accounts.

Still safer than using one password for all your accounts, or carrying around a list of passwords.

If you have a fanfuckingtastic memory and can remember up to 30 unique passwords that are random in character set and up to 15 characters long, then, of course, thats your best security.

ugh this fucker again

remembering it
not signing up for a million things
only having a password on your pc, no accounts for anything

Y-you guys are serious aren't you? Hahaha.

You're so cool, wintoddler.

Your brain is horrible at making passwords. Use pass. Not only is it free software, it's like 50 lines so even an 8 year old brainlet could understand it and know it's not botnet.

9p.io/sys/doc/auth.html
blog.cryptographyengineering.com/2018/10/19/lets-talk-about-pake/

reminder that sending your password to remote server in plaintext (even with TLS) is retarded idea that has very secure alternatives from decades ago

rubber hose attack is very likely to break any cryptography

All sites forcing or allowing the use of OTP.

> She still thinks password re-use doesn't harm defense depth.
Imagine.

get a load of this fucking retard

>remembering dozens of passwords
>using the same password for dozens of sites
>using a password manager
Choose one.

>posting on a weeb board that doesn't use https

Kek you're fucking retarded. How many times a day do you click 'forgot my password'?

>doesn't use https
No user, you're the one who's retarded.

Do you really not check for https on sites and just use whatever appears first? That's honestly so retarded it's funny.

Well yeah, that's why you learn martial arts and basic operational security.

>2018, soon 2019
>not using HTTPS Everywhere

Use Oubliette password manager. Still the safest. And portable.

Attached: 40064_3_4.png (340x313, 89K)

retard

>using HTTPS Everywhere*
>not Smart HTTPS
*not everywhere

Smart HTTPS breaks Exhentai...

I have passwords for maybe 100 websites in my password manager. How am I meant to remember 100 passwords? Reusing passwords is a terrible idea too. Having a master password does means there is a single point of attack but as long as that one password is excellent you're fine. Remembering one excellent password is a lot easier than remembering 100 and pretty much as safe, providing you're using open source, audited software that doesn't store data in a third party's cloud.

I would consider that a feature

Pass is the best password manager, but never gets recommended by the gooey idiots.

cringe
kys atheist jew