PocketPC >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Android >>>>>>> iOS

PocketPC >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Android >>>>>>> iOS
Prove me wrong.
PROTIP: You can't.

youtube.com/watch?v=GsDq-9YhM4Y

Attached: 1523516961008.png (313x500, 196K)

I prefer a pocket pussy

so, it doesnt make calls or texts then?

I have a few in my drawer that I can pull out any time to use, fuck going back to them. They're trash.

PDA only, no cellular antenna.

Palm pilot was better.

>1/3 screen taken up by graffiti panel
no

>unusable interface, slow, low battery life, shit apps
WinCE. >w

I miss the prestige of owning a PDA when plebs could only afford a gsm. I didn’t use one myself but it definitely made you seem important to the untrained eye.

The company I was working for made millions selling PDA accessories, too bad we haven’t anticipated the smartphone market.

But yeah, PDAs are essentially inadequate today, a mid-range smartphone does better in every field. They tried to specialize the PDAs in the end (the treo for phone functions, the mio for GPS, the qtek like the 9090 for hardware keyboard and so on).
There was an interesting competition about the features of each new model, whereas smartphones today only update from time to time. Function dictated funny forms, but once a device is only a screen and a couple buttons, there’s no coming back.

Palm only had good battery life because it wasn't worth using. Also >palmfag accusing any other platform of having shit apps
Palm feels like only a tiny step up from J2ME

They also made monochromatic displays until very late. Same as the first blackberries, I could keep that shit on for days and days.

>tfw slide out keyboard
>tfw clicking Start > Programs > Word on phone
>tfw explaining to normies 'one day all the phones will have wifi'
>tfw overclocking to run GBA emulator at 97% emulation speed
>tfw afraid to lose the stylus
At least the Note series gave me that stylus losing paranoia again.

Attached: cingularmyfirstlove.jpg (455x484, 41K)

Although I wish there was a better OS on the Note series, it is so close to being peak smartphone, especially the Note 4.

PalmOS >>>>>>>>> wince

Two years after the IPhone and they were still trying to shill this junk?

I had a LG phone that served as both a PDA and a mobile phone that ran Windows Mobile

Palmfag is at it again. Back then it was about getting the job done, and without decent word, excel and outlook it could go straight into the trash with the rest of the toys

PDAs got obsoleted by android

does that thing really runs the NT kernel?

Docs to Go is/was way better than Pocket Office, though.

Attached: tt-d2g.jpg (3024x3024, 2.25M)

Smartphones are far more convenient, but I'll still always prefer PDAs because they were designed to be pocket computers for professionals rather than trendy social media terminals for morons.

I guarantee you the average zoomer could accomplish the same tasks you do on your PDA faster.

I guarantee you're and underage zoomer.

>being this upset that younger people are more proficient than you

Maybe, but I don't really care since it's not all about being fast. If speed is absolutely critical I will always pull out a real computer anyway that is far more proficient than either option, otherwise I'm more interested in enjoying the ride with technology and software I like.

I'll use my smartphone for web surfing and chatting, and a PDA with a foldable keyboard for document/database work, programming or general fucking around/tinkering if I feel like doing that while I'm out. Being able to quickly transfer whatever I'm working on over to any system with an SD card reader is more convenient than a cloud drive, too.

Anyone making 7"-8 windows tablets with relatively thin bezels, modern processors and reasonable connectivity asides from GPD?

CE has its own kernel, it was still definitely way more advanced than most other competitors' operating systems though.

A smartphone is just a PDA with a cellular radio. They never went away, they just got absorbed by what used to be a sub-class of them.

When i was twee in the early 00s i really wanted a PocketPC, mostly to play stuff like ports of X-Com

I remember picking up Palmtop User or some other magazine/guide at Barnes and Noble when I was like 8 and ever since then I really fucking wanted a Jornada since I was constantly travelling around with my mother at that time and the ThinkPad 600E my dad gave me had fuck awful battery life for long car rides. Don't know how much I would have actually liked it if I somehow got one, though. I don't think I knew they weren't PC compatible back then.

Attached: PTU01_0030.jpg (1749x2481, 569K)

Lack of multitasking was huge drawback.

Had them both and palm was much more usable, fun and easier to live with.

Battery life with palm was like two weeks of heavy use while ipaq would drain itself even when not used.

Those Sony spins on the palm were pretty cool too. F Sony computers division.

I've never used a CLIÉ but I want to pick one up, they did some really wacky shit on them and really pushed the DragonBall platform to its limits before they finally swapped over to OS5/ARM with Super VZ devices and onboard DSPs.

Attached: PTU01_0031.jpg (1749x2481, 561K)

Fuck I meant to quote

Attached: PTU01_0032.jpg (1749x2481, 477K)

Might as well just post the rest of the review there's only 3 more pages

Attached: PTU01_0033.jpg (1749x2481, 611K)

Attached: PTU01_0034.jpg (1749x2481, 509K)

Attached: PTU01_0035.jpg (1749x2481, 554K)

>itt: boomers that don't know what productivity means

Went from Palm IIIx to iPaq 3760 and it was actually downgrade.

Attached: PC260006.jpg (768x1024, 132K)

Another pic from 2001 or so, Atari Lynx emulator.

Attached: 021010 027.jpg (640x480, 68K)

Tungsten were sexy af tho

it is, i used them throughout highschool.
acer n97 and hp h1940

Do you mean Nokia n97? I don’t remember a pda sporting this name?

This thread reminded me that some phones in the early 2000 had miniature HDD inside of them.

It truly was more exciting back then.
Now I’m using the same iPhone model for years because new iterations are nothing but a minor update that costs hundreds.

this. Also, OS vendors didn't expect users to download GBs of updates.

you're right, i'm retarded. i mean acer n35

Fucking foldable gps antenna made it hard to design a good looking case.
Sliding keyboards or clamshell design were even worse tho.

i dunno, i liked the n35. nice and sturdy. still works today. for the h1940, i had a bluetooth magnetic gps device. fucking amazing

changed the li-ions once since the 2000s and they still work today.

PocketPCs/PDAs were great back in the day. I repurposed mine and am still using it.

Attached: pocketloox.jpg (962x1583, 1.06M)

Yeah I meant on a product manager’s point of view, as I was in charge of designing our accessories for the pda market.

Is that a later one from the Windows Vista days?

>that feel when I finally got forced off of my Palm Treo when ATT axed their 2G network, and Tmobile has shit coverage where I live.
Used the fucker for ages, truly a great phone.

It was released in 2006 IIRC. That's not the original OS though, it's now running a version of WM6 but its original OS is WM5. I updated it to WM6 in the hopes that a newer OS would allow it to connect to my WPA2 network, sadly that was not the case in the end.

> PocketPC
> Protected mode memory

Pick one, and only one.

Comfy thread

These were the shit. I remember doing actual c coding on the pocket pc and compiling to native all on that little device. I think I made a polygon rasterizer or something during English class. Terminal services was really good also.

>charge old palm treo 650 with original battery in 2018
>forget about it
>weeks later it's flashing it's red led and shows a battery empty warning
How does it still last so long?

My 650's battery was totally fucked when I last attempted to charge it and last night I found it only went down 2% over like a week. Granted things probably would have been different if it was actually being used as a phone with constant calls/notifications, but that's still pretty good.

2G was far more energy efficient than what we have now. Not that 2G would be suitable for anything resembling today's web use, either.

iTODDLERS BTFO

Attached: 1519500198624.gif (500x491, 376K)

>cracks a cold one
Remember playing AoE on this, good times
Too bad Microcuck managed this

Attached: aoe.jpg (1020x765, 87K)

Between Palm Reader and Plucker, Palm had much better eBook solutions