>tfw fell for Ryzen meme

>"2600 are insanely good value if you overclock them to 4.2GHz with b-die they compete with 8600k/8700k"
>Fall for the meme and buy a 2600 with B-Die
>Overclocking it over 3.8GHz requires >1.375V which puts the temps at over 90 degrees or 55 degrees over ambient on a 150WTDP cooler

Sucks to be suckered, I was hoping to reach at least 4, but I won't if I don't want a furnace. I hope others don't fall for the BS hype.

Why does Jow Forums hype AMD so much

Attached: ryzen.jpg (640x480, 21K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/LgRXB-aj-F8?t=209
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

In what universe does a 2600 take 1.375v to hit 3.8ghz? My 1700 clocks better than that.

You should have went for the 2600X if you wanted to get to 4 ghz
Not AMD fault if you're a retard

In this one?

I tried 1.4v for 4GHz and prime95 doesn't even run for a second before it closes

>"2600 is the same but maybe slightly better binned"
>All benchmarks I've seen have just 2600, nonX.
Can't even do 3.8 without melting the comp with a decent cooler

Thanks AMD

You're just unlucky and lost the silicon lottery. My 1600X does 3.95 GHz @ 1.35 V.

We all fall for the meme sooner or later.

Thanks op I was about to buy it to upgrade from my i7 6700k I am dodging a bullet.

let it autoclock on its own. get a better heatsink if u like.

I did auto OC on 2600, 3.850 at 1.3V with 35 C ambient, 55 or so with a decent load.

Cheap Cooler Master Master Lite 120 cooler.

Don't be a gypsy and invest in to a cooler.

Is it really a lottery if it's binned? Things like techspot's benchmarks just get people's hopes up.

Attached: images.png (535x574, 22K)

>invest in to a cooler.

But then he might as well buy an Intel.

youre full of shit. i had a 7600k and now have a 2600 and can confirm the 2600 is far superior

There's a reason why Intel's stock prices are still high.
So many amd shitskin-shills around here.

It's literally the cheapest and one of the most mediocre coolers available and it never goes past 60 C for me, ever.

>j-just watercool it and it will be almost as fast as an intel

Attached: 1495867248462.jpg (224x250, 10K)

I upgraded because my old i7-860 was struggling. My plan was to get x470 board and bdie and just use a 2600 and upgrade to a 3700/3800. But now I doubt I'll stick with Ryzen if Intel do ok with icelake.
If you are going to do upgrade, get the X to make sure you don't get a piece of shit.

It only goes to 3750 let pbo/xfr do it

I have a bequiet pure rock cooler (150W TDO) with 3 intake and 2 exhaust fans in the case. Learn to read

Don't need to watercool it, just get a decent Be Quiet or something like that.

It's common sense that stock cooler of 2600 is not up for OCing.
I really want to see how that case is vented anyway, his temps make no sense.

Overclocking is a meme. Doesn't matter it is Intel or AMD. If it was such a good idea to run it at that clock speed there would be a factory option to do so.

>this fucking monstrosity is not up for OCing

Jesus Christ...

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 110K)

>hurr it's AMDs fault that I can't run my CPU beyond factory specs
You sound like a wanker
>B-but everyone else turns up boost on their Barras, why did mine blow up?

>didn't buy fancy ram
>didn't overclock
IDK what your doing but your doing it wrong

Attached: lmaoing at your purchase.png (1920x1046, 400K)

Aren't you supposed to be 18+ to use Jow Forums?

Attached: 1539032538268.gif (264x264, 1.64M)

4channel is a family friendly board site.

Reminder unless a timestamped pic of the IHS is posted this thread is shillposting
T. 1600 at a comfy 3.8Ghz, 1.35v, idles at 28c on a stock cooler

Op a faggot lying shill

My 2950x does 3.6ghz on all 16 cores during rendering without any manual overclock and it never gets over 70 degrees. Just use precission boost and let it do its thing.

Attached: 1505706317186.jpg (151x233, 11K)

yes, stop crying, life is not fair.

This. Post your fucking CPU, OP

i'm still running a core i7 950 and couldn't be happier with recent developments. i was considering upgrading to Haswell-E at one point for encoding cores.

Max Payne bullet time gameplay-tier dodge.

Attached: homer cringe.jpg (640x480, 46K)

>have aa 2600
>automatically boosts itself to 3.85 under full load at 1.2v
>able to oc to 4.1 at 1.28v
>haven't seen my temps go above 60c unless I'm benchmarking
Sucks to be you OP.

...because if it tanked, half the US tech economy would tank with it?
tell me you're not actually this naive after a fucking dec𝘢de+ filled with nonstop, unmitigated incompetence on the part of Intel.

Intel isn't going anywhere until their fab process is improved to the point that their failure won't result in a minor global recession.

Attached: it's all so tiresome.gif (526x250, 3.19M)

duhhhh muy gigyahurppps heheh

Attached: 1530506002797.png (625x682, 125K)

3.9 1.15V on mine.
lol op got screwed.

Oh damn it will be a hell of an upgrade for you. Like when I did pic related.

Attached: DSC_0536.jpg (3000x2000, 2.69M)

that is not the 2600 cooler.
2600 cooler is pretty shitty.

works on my machine

Attached: meme.png (1920x1041, 394K)

That's the 2700X stock cooler or something. The 2600 cooler is like a slightly bigger intel cooler and by no means good for OC'ing. The 2600X is better but AMD cheaped out and put a rattling Delta fan on it instead of the CM fan every reviewer got. So yeah, thanks AMD and fuck you too.

op didnt get screwed op is lying to feel better about having a dual core pentium his mom bought at the goodwill

>prime95 doesn't even run for a second before it closes
That's not how it works, dumbass. If it was unstable overclock, you would be crashed inro the black screen. Your case seems to be unstable memory.

Pretty close to the same boat as you.
But everybody in this threat says "lol all of us get 4ghz at 0.1V less, and runs so cool"

Well refuted point. If anyone ever says anything negatively about AMD on this board it's just met with character attacks like that or something about Jews. Pretty pathetic

Memory issue would result in the wrong calculation, not hard close.

> OP makes shitpost complaining about a nice CPU he pretends to have
> Gets told to GTFO
> "hurr durr I'm the mature one here"

Attached: 1543136366870.png (623x808, 418K)

>OP makes shitpost
>complaining about a nice CPU he pretends to have
You don't sound biased at all. Not one bit. Completely legit and objetive, not shilly in the least.

That doesn't change the fact that unstable overclock doesn't result in hard close either.

>3.5GHz
Irrelevant to the conversation

>"He doesn't fit our narrative, deny anything he says."
You've learned well from the jews

>"Just buy a 1700x and OC to 4.0ghz, it's easy and stomps all over Intel!"
>Buys a 1700x and Asus X370 board.
>Can only reach 3.8ghz @ 1.363v with temps in the high 70Cs and low 80Cs on synthetics.
>"LOL You're just unlucky and everyone else gets 4.0ghz!"
> Actually had a little higher FPS back when I was using Xeons.

Fucking AMD fanboys. I don't even want to talk about the bullshit 3000+mhz ram recommendations and how most 4 dimm 64gb configurations on 1st gen Ryzen is just about unattainable.

Meanwhile I probably should have gone HEDT as I regularly go over 50% which is 8 cores.
Hopefully the rumors are true that AMD is releasing 12/16C chips on AM4 or I'll have to bite the fucking bullet and go HEDT down the line.

>there are faggots that still reply to *crashes premiere* autist's shit bait threads

Attached: 1537007644566.png (213x202, 54K)

If it can't run the same programs as stock then it's an unstable overclock.

>You've learned well from the jews
You forget, when they do it then it's righteous counter shilling. When intel fags do it, then they are fucking dirty shills.

That's not how it works, fucking imbecile.

Tried 1.15v 3.9GHz for a laugh, can't even boot into windows

Nothing to do with memory. I was surprised by this because I was used to BSoDs when OCing my 860, but if cpu is undervolted slightly for a load, it just closes the application.

>listen to Jow Forums
>make mistake

When will they learn?

>Tried 1.15v 3.9GHz for a laugh, can't even boot into windows
That's because the issue is not with voltage, the issue is with the chip.
Some chips literally can't get 4GHZ no matter what you do.
youtu.be/LgRXB-aj-F8?t=209
But of course amd fanboys would have you believe that everybody will get 4.2GHZ on 1.3V.
Yeah, might as well invite intel shills to tell us how all 8700k will get 5.3GHz at 1.3V as well.

>but if cpu is undervolted slightly for a load, it just closes the application.
Wrong. In ryzen case it crashes into the black screen. Stop fucking larping, i've overclocked ryzen and know how it behaves on undervolting, unlike you. I've never encountered a closing benchmark, but dozens of crashes while looking fir optimsl settings.

Mentally unstable, like your overclock.

Unironically good post. Can't even get any decent truth about amd nowadays with all the shilling.

You forgot to tell us about the premiere and PUBG crashes. Oh and it feels slower than the Intel build you had previously, right?

Attached: 67713434_p0.jpg (1000x1200, 505K)

Still playing around with it, but at that voltage, prime95 closes as soon as it hits load.

Things I have tried so far:
>Allowing PBO/XFR
I get 3.6GHz at very low voltages, arguably, this is very good
>Manual OC to 4GHz
Had to go 1.41xxx volts, ran over 90 dergrees on load
>Allowing ASUS's garbage TPU bullshit, it set multiplier to 3.95 with like 1.25V and crashing apps under load again, 3.95 worked at about 1.4V
Trying this dudes
claim of 3.9ghz @ 1.15V, crashed in Windows loading

All I'm trying to say here is that if you get the 2600 to run it within it's spec/stock, it'll do it, and at great voltage. But don't expect and OC it to ANYTHING close to what people that have won the silicon lottery post in benchmarks of 4.xGHz+. Voltage req climbs through the roof.

I fell for all the hype, pics and posts of it doing >4GHz, and I know others might to. Just warning them to get the 2600x if they want to go over 3.9GHz within reasonable voltage/temps.

Of course, there'll mostly just be replied to this of "oy vey", "18+ to post here" "I get mine to X at Y',

Attached: 2600.png (1243x785, 222K)

The worst part is that they could be 100% honest and shill the fair points that it's good value. But no, got to lie just a bit extra on the top to make those "dumb faggot incels realize AMD IS DA BEST, otherwise they just wont buy AMD", what, shilling, pff that's what incels do, not good guys amd"
It's all so tiresome.

No, it certainly feels faster, I play ga(y)mes sometimes and have been hanging out for BFV since it's announcement. My 860 @3.52GHz was still getting the shit kicked out of it on medium.

Even with this on stock, it barely reaches 50% utilization on Ultra. It does well for games, I'm just disappointed it doesn't reach the levels it's hyped at, falls about 10% short and has VERY little overclocking headroom

>But don't expect and OC it to ANYTHING close to what people that have won the silicon lottery post in benchmarks of 4.xGHz+.
People actually shilled that you can get 4.2GHz on 1.2V and with the stock cooler that comes with the 2600.
Imagine that. These are the same fucks that hate intel for lying and shilling.

>People actually shilled that you can get 4.2GHz on 1.2V and with the stock cooler that comes with the 2600.
Never happened - the post.

Here is my 2600, with five 140mm case fans, kryonaut thermal paste and cooler master hyperx 212 at 100% stock settings.

Attached: compare.jpg (3196x970, 702K)

Does anyone have the pic about intel's 10nm fail with ruthenium liners?

>i-it never happened!
It fucking did.

Show any screenshots or links to the archive.

>a thread about 2600 being lackluster
>QUICK AMD BROS, WE MUST DIG SOMETHING UP ABOUT INTEL!
>DROWN OUT ALL CRITICISM OF AMD!

I get ~ 10 degrees lower max on the cpu using a 212 evo stock speeds.

Maxes out at 64C on aida.

Here is how my piece of shit 2600 overclocks.

Attached: 2600.jpg (1564x2148, 953K)

The worst part is that 4.2 isn't even good.

You come to terms and settle with 4.2 because it's "good enough" and later realize it doesn't even hit that.

Now you're stuck and for the price of the processor + B-die ram you could've gotten yourself a 9700k and easily hit 5ghz.

Mine was stable @ 4ghz ~ 1.35v
I honestly put mine back to stock, more than fast enough for my use cases with max real world temps of about 58C.

Nah I just needed it for elsewhere.
Figured with all the amdboyz shilling here someone would have it.

Reapply the thermal paste.

I have 3x140 fans for intake, and 1x140, 1x120 for exhaust and beQuiet pure rock 150W TDP cooler with their stock paste. At stock settings getting 3.625Ghz at 73 degrees, which isn't terrible seeing as it's about 35-40 degrees in this room. I usually judge the tmpin1 which is near the bottom right of the mobo as approx to the room temp, it's usually a couple of degrees over.

I still maintain my point of it's excellent at stock, but I've missed out on the overclocked it's touted for by a large margin and I'm disappointed, was hoping for at least 4ghz at 1.325Vish, maybe lower volts

This is pretty much my feelings, 4.2 isn't anything to write home about, but it supposedly could do that and perform well at that level.

It was applied like a week ago when I swapped cooler over, stock paste is adequate and would only knock a couple of degrees off at best, my problem is the voltage required to hit the clocks you see posted everywhere for the non-x version

>Now you're stuck and for the price of the processor + B-die ram you could've gotten yourself a 9700k and easily hit 5ghz.
Pretty much, and the lower latencies and faster cores would have been a boon for gaming, which is majority of what I use it for anyway.
If you are running it at stock ,then you are getting the advertized by AMD speeds.
How ever if you listen to shills on Jow Forums, or youtubers then everybody implies youl get easy OC to 4.2. And since it's not official, if you buy into this meme, no company is obligated to refund you anything.
It's the perfect shilling, because you can't even have any kind of legal action for false advertizing.
While if intel or nvidia does it directly they can at least get sued for it.

They're actually binned more strictly than what people are used to with intel chips, because there physically are 2 chips (or more) on the same processor. hence the constant bitching.

Summit and Pinnacle Ridge silicon can all be separated and allocated into exact SKUs instead of being wasted, and AMD can glue together any of these chips in any combination with infinity fabric to create new SKUs.

From the low 2 cores with broken SMT to the high end 8 with SMT, everything is sold, nothing is wasted.

From a business standpoint, it's genius in the same way that landing rockets to reuse them is a good idea. Great on paper, far harder to actually execute, and lots of problems on the way there.

>Reapply the thermal paste.
I did, 7 times. FUCK OFF!

>AMemeD
lmaoing at your life dude

Attached: kodomo_dance.gif (480x272, 1.06M)

Use arctic silver, it's the best. Remember to let it cure. My 2600x hit 4.3ghz easily on the stock cooler @ 1.2v

>Use arctic silver, it's the best. Remember to let it cure. My 2600x hit 4.3ghz easily on the stock cooler @ 1.2v
FAGGOT I used Thermal grizzly kryonaut and Noctua thermal paste.
>My 2600x hit 4.3ghz easily on the stock cooler @ 1.2v
Literal fucking fairy tale!

Inlel shill

Sometimes you lose the silicon lottery.
My dealt hand for my 1700 was poor, 3.8ghz @1.3825v
But it also had the segfault bug - the RMA 1700 I got was much nicer, which sits pretty at 3825/1.2375v - it can probably go higher, but I've seen the power/freq charts for Ryzen and electricity is expensive here, 3800 for first gen is fine, that extra 200/300mhz costs 100w or more.

I'm pretty happy with my Ryzen build coming from Ivy Bridge, I'll be happier once Zen2 is out.
I can see how some folks would be upset though, especially if they came from Haswell or newer since Zen1/Zen+ can only do a single AVX2 per cycle (like Sandy and Ivy) compared to 2 per cycle (like Haswell and later) - that really hurts performance in some areas, especially modern games.

Zen2 requires new chipset and therefore requires new mobo

It requires neither.

You must be fucking retarded for not doing your own research. Amdrones are something else, the closest to their cult mentality are appletards and nintendrones.

I don't recall seeing any performance hit moving from a 4770K to a 1950X. It's all either the same or better in games.

1700x @ 3.815ghz @ 1.363v
Asus Prime X370 Pro
Hyper 212x Turbo, both fans replaced with Enermax 2000RPM Twister Pressures better temps with less whine than the stock fans.
6 mins to hit 80C @ 1939RPM 130watts of POWAH

1.35v crashes in Aida64, any higher clock speeds crashes before hitting desktop. Tried 1 suicide run with 1.4v 3.9ghz and it black screens in as soon as you hit "CPU" cinebench.

Attached: 1700OC.png (1210x1078, 143K)

>falling for the overclock meme

>it barely reaches 50% utilization on Ultra

That's because it's not using most of its cores you fucking mong.

Lol faggot o I bet you didn't even get a aio/custom wc or a noctura d15
My 2700x sits at 4ghz+ stock and cool as fuck HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Sounds like you lost the silicon lottery, it happens.

Attached: cpu-z.png (411x410, 49K)

I have an 1800x that does 4.0 with a noctua cooler and never hits more than 60 c. Idles without load in the low 30s and the 20s or lower in the winter. Base clock sits at 3.8.

And that's not even zen+

You have badly badly fucked something up or you are using a potato board with terrible vrms.

Also a 2600 cannot compete with an 8700k only 2700x or thread rippers do that. 8700k is still the best chip for gaming only/majority gaming users though this will change after zen 2.

Nobody makes these claims.

2600 is more comparable to an 8400, OC'd it comes close to an 8600k.

More or less.

Not really something you should be hard ocing precision boost should be giving you what you need.

But Op is retarded and has fucked something badly so he wouldn't know this.

It has no headroom because amd save all their good shit for incel ripper and the 2700x tier stuff
You bought a fucking badly binned 2600 (literally a defective 8 core with 2 cores disabled) and lost silicone lottery as well as using a stock fucking cooler if you want a better CPU plop a 3600x in when they come out in a month's time
I had a 1600x that wouldn't go over 3.8 it does happen

Haswell-e wasn't bad though.
Expensive sure, but not cringe Worthy.

Jim Keller will un-fuck their 7nm process. Rumor has it, that Intel will ditch 10nm all together for their own 7nm. Then in 2-3 years their new architecture will be ready.
Intel will be hurting hard until then though.
Especially if Zen 2 leaks are accurate.

So you have a different generation chip, different model and top binned, good on you?

Using an ASUS Strix x470-f, pretty mid range board.

>You have badly badly fucked something up
Or maybe it's just a low binned chip that SOMETIMES SOME PEOPLE are lucky enough to get a decent one to run it higher than intended.

Everyone coming in and saying "Mine does this" is missing the point, I'm just saying for people considering an r5 2600, don't expect anything close to what everyone seems to boast for clocks, you'll be lucky to get it higher.

>But Op is retarded and has fucked something badly so he wouldn't know this.
There's that denial again, you've seen others post in this thread that theirs don't go too high for non-x versions, but you fucking closing your eyes, block your ears and just say everyone is wrong

Are you blaming a faceless Amd shill for something that happens for all things at all times: misinformation? The guy who is trying to overclock is clearly not stupid, but at the same God damn time he didn't made his research. There are dedicated sellers for golden samples if he wanted to go out of his way to do so. I say this as a tech nigger who just bought the 2600x because it was on sale and the price difference for b-die wasn't interesting. If I, as someone who is pretty much illiterate, know that you shouldnt count on it, what does it say about fools?