So now that the dust has settled, was Vista truly the most patrician OS?

So now that the dust has settled, was Vista truly the most patrician OS?

Attached: Perform-Maintenance-for-Windows-Vista-Step-20[1].jpg (1200x900, 414K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=TLgRryt2ZtE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

No, it has a universal backdoor that allows Microsoft access to any system.

It's just Windows 7 but unstable, with less drivers and looking like shit.

>It's just Windows 10 but unstable, with less drivers and looking like shit.

Best windows

The only thing less stable than 10 is MistakeEdition.

>tfw loved vista because I wasn't a hardwarelet

same, back then had a Core 2 Shmuo, 2GB of RAM and an 8600GT mememachine, shit ran like butter gaymzz n shiet

Attached: DUDE-2.png (249x120, 1K)

Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha!
*snort!

Forgot about gadgets. OP's image is comfy as fuck in my opinion

Attached: Windows_Sidebar.jpg (147x556, 92K)

>2GB of RAM
sorry to hear that, hope you're not poor anymore

Stop lyiing, it ran like molasses even on my Q6600, 4Gb ram, 8800gtx, before service packs. After the service packs it ran great though.

File explorer was still slower than in xp and that has not been fixed in windows to this fucking day even in win10

>Vista having trouble running on a Q6600 8800 meme machine with 4 gigs
I'm pressing X on that one.

because youre a zoomer who didnt use vista when it was new

just install it faggot and run it without service packs. you can come back crying and post here

I had vanilla vista on my Athlon X2 2.7GHz with 4 gigs and it was fine.

with SP1

They have had that since windows 95 and as far back as 3.1 if your pc was connected to the internet back then you where vulnerable
It only got infamously bad with

back doors being discovered in Windows xp
Also Linux tards acting like nix wasn't always compromised by default because it's an (open platform)
By sp3+ around 07-08 it was good but 7 came out in 09 and whiped the floor with it adoption wise.
I used it ever since it first came out in 05-06 and loved it since I didn't have a complete potatoe pc with a dual core opteron 170 and 2gb of ram it ran great
Eventually ran my i7 920 and 6gb of ram on it absolutely fine for a year it's literally proto Windows 7 with a older (better) ui
I miss it desu the flat tile shit in 8 9 (8.1) and 10+ make me wunna throw up

>They have had that since windows 95 and as far back as 3.1
Source? I have only seen it documented starting with XP.
>Also Linux tards acting like nix wasn't always compromised by default because it's an (open platform)
If by "nix" you mean all Unix and Unix-like operating systems, then no they are not all open and being open does not equate to vulnerability. You are thinking of security through obscurity, which not only doesn't work but is not what we are talking about. Microsoft can have backdoors in their operating systems because of their obscurity.

How do you think they caught all those (computer hackers) in the 90s you fucking stooge
Only hardware backdoors are relatively new since around the late 00s
Software backdoors have been around since the net was invented

>How do you think they caught all those (computer hackers) in the 90s you fucking stooge
I would prefer actual evidence.
>Software backdoors have been around since the net was invented
I just haven't seen the evidence for them in Microsoft Windows from before XP. It's fine to suspect them, that is perfectly reasonable. But I don't want to make a claim without being able to back it up.

XP SP2/3 and 7 are the best.

Just watch the movie hackers man
There's like backdoors and umm hack the planet

Attached: 1543926406461.jpg (439x545, 30K)

But, What about Bob?

> always wanted to create a virus that installed this
> with Clippy integrated
> Yes. I'm evil.

Attached: msbob_launch_room_2463625.jpg (800x600, 121K)

What is the gnu equivalent of clippy

I want clippy that I can program to sing and dance for me while I run hackerman programs

This board has a massive problem with hipsters like OP posting contrarian opinions in the hope of getting attention/kudos from people too young to remember why no one looks back on windows vista or CRT monitors fondly.

it was terrible
broke all kinds of compatibility seemingly at random so even some games had trouble running on it
hogged resources and didn't run well on maybe half of the computers manufactured in the year it came out
but the worst thing was UAC. It was so unbelievably obnoxious, you could quite literally get three different prompts when running something you downloaded. Naturally, most people learned to just click Yes every time and any semblance of security it provided was gone.
the UI looked nice but that's it

Stop being such a contrarian, it was a disaster on all fronts.
Tons of money on marketing, useless 300 editions, broken promises on Ultimate (exclusive additional updates and special features, never happened, they just bailed out), manufacturers pressured Microsoft into creating new "certification" (aka Windows Vista Ready) for computers that couldn't run Vista quite well (because they didn't want to sell PC without support of the latest Microsoft OS) and ended up flooding the market with Vista computers that were slow as shit. Ballmer, in panic mode, took all free developers (including ENTIRE Windows Mobile division, effectively fleeing the smartphone market, leaving it to upcoming iPhone and Android) to fix the piece of shit.
Basically the only reason why Microsoft is in a such sad state today, it's fucking Vista. This is where it all went wrong. They went all in just to save their PC monopoly and thet did, but they lost everywhere else, including any footprint they had on booming smartphone market.

My first computer/laptop was vista. Used it for year, it was really nice. Only npc's say vista was bad because its part of their programming.

>year
years

Typo.

Yes it was by far the best looking windows.

The only reason it got any hate was because oems shipped it on latops with windows xp specs thus making it unusably slow.

There were also driver compatibility issues with xp that put people off.

Windows 7 was literally just an uglier reskin of vista but the brainlets lapped it up because it came after there was enough time for hardware and drivers to catch up.

The morons in this very thread prove just how easily sheep follow the crowd.

Not that other user but as a zoomer I distinctly remember getting vista the week it came out. Shit ran fine. It was definitely slower than XP, but it wasn't unbearable.

I had vista. It ran like shit on my laptop until I spent some money on ram. Then it was ok. I was confused over the excitement of wndows 7. It ran exactly the same. The only difference was when 7 came out everyone had newer computers that could run it quickly.

This. If you gave it the hardware to run on, Vista could be a great platform. The problem was that it came along at the same time as a shift in hardware in the consumer market.

In 2006 we still had computers being sold (like mine at the time) with low clocked single or dual core processors and 2gb ram. That doesn't lead to a good experience with Vista. Hell, I have that problem today when I work with clients that bought Windows 7 machines when those first came out and have had them improbably survive to the present day.

If you wanted the best out of Vista, you wanted to buy a new computer, which also meant you needed to become attuned to the '64Bit' world at the time which was new to most consumers. Some hardware and peripherals didn't have built-in drivers with Vista which meant normies had to search the internet for them.

Good question OP
Answer is here:
youtube.com/watch?v=TLgRryt2ZtE
TL;DW - Yes

>Vista ran over my pet hamster AND I'LL NEVER FORGIVE THE BASTRITS: The Post(s)
Dude, Aero tho..