STILL NO IMAGE PREVIEW

Its 2019 and I still can't preview files by their thumbnail.

>the state of linux
>the state of GNOME
>the state of gahnoo

Explain this shit

Attached: mJDmC.png (721x461, 63K)

Other urls found in this thread:

gnu.org/audio/gnu-pronunciation.ogg
gnu.org/audio/how-gnu-was-named.ogg
software.opensuse.org//download.html?project=mozilla:Factory&package=MozillaFirefox)
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Openpepe doesn't have this problem

cant sort directories first either
makes me mad

GNOME is run by covertly funded by Microsoft Google and Apple to give Linux a bad name.

KDE does not have this problem.
Uninstall firefox and use the botnet.

It's simple OP.
Technology is getting worse, not better.

Buckminster Fuller said technology would allow us to do "more and more with less and less until eventually you can do everything with nothing"

But this is clearly false. Look at the bloat. Look at the horrendous nightmare of javascript everywhere. It has become popular to use a fucking web browser as a graphical backend to make a text editor - Atom, Visual Studio Code with electron.

We are doing less and less with more and more until eventually we will do nothing with everything.

Not even linux can escape this.

Attached: we focus all the hate and anger on our own societies i wonder who could be behind this.png (1089x950, 932K)

imagine using such a rudimentary and feature-bare OS that you try to defend not having a fucking file picker by changing the subject to javascript on websites

the absolute state of freetards

>openpepe

What the fuck are you talking about?

This

Fuck off shill

Attached: 1543359619697.png (500x339, 262K)

who do you lie on the internet

click Modify is useful
or type to search if you know the name
or drop your pic into that file chooser from nautilus
idk how much money they spend on outreach for women and minorities [ie wasted on no return] but they could used some of it for that

You know what? I went through the trouble of installing the patch from the AUR that gives you the file picker. It really didn't make a bit of difference. If it matters to you that much, see or do what I did, but whatever you do, please shut the fuck up.

kde is also in the aim of sjws
they police any major free software

use kde you fucking pleb

gnome is trash with devs that treat users like toddlers

Linux users are autistic enough to recognize all their files by unix timestamp alone.

I'm not defending.
Unix is fucking over complicated and gay. It's name is derived from "eunuchs" of course it is.

Just pointing out this corruption is everywhere.

Attached: tumblr_p5wyf2KyyQ1qelyl4o1_500.gif (500x352, 1.03M)

>It really didn't make a bit of difference.
Do you mean it didn't work or did it just not matter much to you? I personally find it extremely use on this website.

can confirm
t. proud autistic linux user

Not quite that autistic but yeah, I often look using my file exporer for the correct file, then quickly memorize the last 5-7 digits of a Jow Forums unix timestamp when I post, just to make sure I'm posting the correct image.

>"free" software
>you aren't even free to sort files the way you want

It didn't matter. I name my files specifically enough that I could know what they are from a terminal. It makes life easier when moving shit around over SSH.

no retard it was a pun on MULTICS

KDE doesn't have this problem.

*ahem*

fuck op

Attached: Screenshot from 2018-12-09 01-22-43.png (1215x756, 157K)

waste and brownpilled

Add that feature then you faggot

does it still search for files when you start typing instead of changing filename?

Yes. This shit is annoying as fuck.

Yeah...no.
Even the GTK file picker has the option "Sort Folders before Files".

>the state of GNOME
There's your problem. Goodbye.

It helps not being autistic....

Attached: Screenshot from 2018-12-09 01-51-57.png (1142x635, 227K)

The name “GNU” is a recursive acronym for “GNU's Not Unix!”; it is pronounced as one syllable with a hard g, like “grew” but with the letter “n” instead of “r”.

This is a recording of Richard Stallman saying “GNU” and another with a short explanation about how GNU was named:

· gnu.org/audio/gnu-pronunciation.ogg
· gnu.org/audio/how-gnu-was-named.ogg

>canoe

this shit works out of the box for me, nut even using any desktop environment.

Attached: 2018-12-08-171819_912x793_scrot.png (912x793, 203K)

use ranger nigga

man you summed up my problem or interpretations with modern tech.

you are based as fuck.

biggest problem about this is the really high level object orientated programming that is getting popular that needs 40mbs of bloat to even hello world.

another big problem I foresee with this kinda programming, or systmes is that code obfuscation is gonna get much easier. to slip in a few lines that can do some damage,read some files, tell the botnet what your up too is getting way too easy.

most of it is to do with the cheapness and speed of modern tech and memory and shite like java and everyone working on phone/web apps. nobody has the balls to write in low level shit anymore.

Linux is a kernel you idiot. GTK being shit has nothing to do with the rest of linux.

>Openpepe doesn't have this problem
Unless you use something other than Firefox

KDE Plasma™ 5.14 does not have this issue.

Attached: 1471975585742.jpg (953x1200, 272K)

this

Why would you though?

These, openSUSE with KDE is the answer

>file manager
>fucking preview
As a Linux user you apologists fucking suck.

Attached: 1ac15163477c471882b68400c7dd5e79.jpg (641x481, 29K)

this. you people have no idea what you're talking about

I want to use KDE, but it is always a bit of a mess when I try it. Last year kwin crashed every time I tried to alt+tab, somehow its networking tools broke network speeds (around 200 Mbps speeds) if I left the system logged in long enough. This weekend I tried it again, dolphin made trash files with random characters in the filename in my home folder, randomly my mouse cursor would change back to the default theme, screen flicker when I open and close certain applications like mpv and games. MATE doesn't have the neater features that I like about KDE, but at least it is stable (on my systems).

>GTK
Get lxqt or KDE.

>recommending lxqt
user it's still buggy and incomplete. it lacks the solid feeling lxde has

Use KDE neon
You can do pretty much everything and it works out the box.
Hell even touch screen was no issue

Attached: 0A6C3370-9458-4371-B09E-C43FA679AC20.png (1920x1080, 2.02M)

Since we're talking about this, is there a way to download and install that patched firefox openPepe has as a standalone on anything other that openPepe? (software.opensuse.org//download.html?project=mozilla:Factory&package=MozillaFirefox)
I know alien exists for Debian et al., but has anyone had any success with it?

I don't feel like switching distros again, but if I land a job with a debian/ubuntu environment, I could give KDE a go again.

kde has preview on image chooser but it's shitty

Newfags
Open file manager on the side
Turn on thumbnail view
Then drag your selected maymay onto the file chooser box on the post form. So hard!

Attached: enough.jpg (436x536, 51K)

Well it's on AUR too, you could check out how it's setup there. Also I think you can use OBS to build it for other distros, patch included

Attached: fixed-it-for-them.png (721x461, 62K)

>>file manager
nothing wrong with using your file manager
IN FACT it's better because you see your pics where you're used to see them

Well the original complaint was about file preview in the file picker, which KDE Plasma does have

I've had this argument with you before, but let me explain once again why you are wrong.
It's only one syllable if the G is silent.
A hard G basically becomes "guh" when placed before another hard consonant (N), thus becoming two syllables: "Guh" and "new".
One would naturally assume from GNU's animal mascot, however, that the G is indeed silent, as the animal's name is pronounced "new" with a silent G, but for some reason this is not the case, likely due to the founder of said organization being an autistic basketcase.

>current year
>not using KDE

If Gwenview were capable of this we'd not only have thumbnail preview but image tagging as well. Such a waste.

Drag&drop from Gwenview's browser mode? Works just fine for me.

Attached: 1525965751452.jpg (520x736, 328K)