Unencrypted /boot partition

>unencrypted /boot partition

Attached: Girls.png (449x401, 490K)

>shit his boot partition is corrupted
>now we have to spend 5 minutes installing GRUB again.

What's wrong with unencrypted /boot?

I don't even have a /boot on my internal drive.

I only use a separate /boot for GPT and/or EFI installs. For MBR and BIOS it's just /, swap, /home, nice n simple

Attached: 1544125845227.jpg (217x266, 22K)

But do you encrypt /swap?

>What's wrong with unencrypted /boot?
Enjoy your cold attack faggot.

Literally a non issue. Jamal doesn't know how to cold boot attack.

Who the fug would attack my laptop used mainly for shitposting on mongolian basket weaving forums?

How the fuck am I supposed to encrypt my LUKS drive unlocker bootloader?

>he doesn't have a ball of dynamite rigged to the chassis intrusion sensor

This. The feds already own me and Mr robot could if he wanted to. I just encrypt to keep Jamal from getting his hands on my nudes and homework.

Also if you ever decide to sell the storage device it almost doesn't need wiping. Except if it's bitlocker on an SSD, kek.

Cold boot attack requires physical access. If someone other than you is accessing your computer, pull out your gun and shoot him. This is how you are supposed to do physical security.

>encrypt bootloader
>BIOS tries to load the bootloader but can't because it's encrypted

What now?

>What now?
If you can't do this you are retarded. in4b it is possible.

How are you going to perform a cold-boot attack using my unencrypted /boot when my laptop is turned off / hibernating when it's not in use?

This, but unironically

Wow look, another stupid fucking nigger who uses "cold boot attack" as a buzzword without knowing actual meaning of it and why is it inapplicable IRL unless there is swat team breaking into your house with a tank of liquid nitrogen ready or that encrypted /boot would in no way prevent CBA and just make every boot more painful instead.

> mounting swap

well of course I went for FDE