Why is there a Jow Forums discord channel? I thought Jow Forums hated botnets?

Why is there a Jow Forums discord channel? I thought Jow Forums hated botnets?

Attached: 1540830785735.jpg (789x750, 276K)

Other urls found in this thread:

discord.gg/wXGrJ7q
discord.gg/aYCt6sF
discord.gg/4tCTgQX
discord.gg/4TuhPhr
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

probably wintards

Jow Forums is a botnet.

there's people on this Jow Forums that legitimately use windows. tech bro college faggots with expensive gaming laptops.

This. For some reason wintoddlers are obsessed with Discord. They don't represent Jow Forums.

Believe it or not but Jow Forums isn't one single person.

we use matrix now

>a Jow Forums discord channel
>a
There's several.
discord.gg/wXGrJ7q
discord.gg/aYCt6sF
discord.gg/4tCTgQX
discord.gg/4TuhPhr

And these are just the ones I'm personally in.

Why, though? Simple: it's easier to communicate on. Much easier than things like Matrix or shit. We'd all probably switch if Matrix's interface wasn't so shit and had so few features.

There's also like 50 different other Jow Forums Discords. Various Jow Forums ones, a /b/ one w/ like 45K users, etc.

Nah, nigger, I use Linux. It's just an easy tool to use. Productivity and such.

Would be nice if there was a similarly-featured system, though, that wasn't so botnet, but nothing else currently compares.

riot is good, the real (we) are using it right now. no link for you botnormie

Tried Riot. Interface was shit. Or was it updated in the last 2 months?

Honeypot.

its tolerable since it's not spyware bloat

Can I have a matrix or riot link then? Don't use any chat room software

discords are 99% trannies and 1% bullied by trannies

>this shit
>easier than IRC

It's also not generally usable and is a poor way to actually connect with people.

That's like saying "GNU/Hurd is great, back here in 2004, even though it's barely even out of alpha, b/c at least it's not mainstream like Linux is becoming"

And don't get me wrong: If Hurd actually got completed, I'd totally be interested in it, but it's not at the same caliber as Linux yet.
And I mainly was able to truly switch to Linux because of DEs like KDE and Xfce, since it's still a viable desktop -- in fact, BETTER than Windows.

CLI is useful, but mostly for admin purposes, not for day-to-day operations, unless you grew up on DOS or something.

And fuck bloat bullshit. If using Discord in a Web browser is too much RAM or CPU, you need a better machine. Even on a Raspberry Pi, you can get it to work with some resources to spare.

Spyware, though? Yeah, it's... starting to get like that... and it will need a viable alternative, soon, but things like Riot and Matrix are PRE-viable, at least at the moment.

Easier to navigate, use features, and customize.

Sure, IRC is fast and simple, but it's not comfy, and it's damn sure not easy to MAKE comfy.

any DBS discord to spam my bejita sama memes?

Jow Forums doesn’t even understand what a botnet is brother.

>Sure, IRC is fast and simple, but it's not comfy, and it's damn sure not easy to MAKE comfy.
I want neo/g/ to leave

Attached: 1542527520882.png (620x916, 256K)

>CLI is useful, but mostly for admin purposes, not for day-to-day operations, unless you grew up on DOS or something.
read over this part, this is even worse desu. the absolute state of Jow Forums 2009+9

Attached: 1541376930246.png (240x240, 24K)

I'd just like to interject for a moment. What you're referring to as Linux, is in fact, GNU/Linux, or as I've recently taken to calling it, GNU plus Linux. Linux is not an operating system unto itself, but rather another free component of a fully functioning GNU system made useful by the GNU corelibs, shell utilities and vital system components comprising a full OS as defined by POSIX.

Many computer users run a modified version of the GNU system every day, without realizing it. Through a peculiar turn of events, the version of GNU which is widely used today is often called "Linux", and many of its users are not aware that it is basically the GNU system, developed by the GNU Project.

There really is a Linux, and these people are using it, but it is just a part of the system they use. Linux is the kernel: the program in the system that allocates the machine's resources to the other programs that you run. The kernel is an essential part of an operating system, but useless by itself; it can only function in the context of a complete operating system. Linux is normally used in combination with the GNU operating system: the whole system is basically GNU with Linux added, or GNU/Linux. All the so-called "Linux" distributions are really distributions of GNU/Linux.

What's the good IRC channel? Please don't be on Rizon :\

rizon has most of the chan related shit since forever, why'd you avoid that user

I got in a fight with the IRCops a decade ago and never let it go.

I think the dedicated 'I dont like rizon management' irc is darenet, or the lainchan one, but they're pretty dead

misclick, was meant for you

Attached: 1482687924589.png (480x480, 202K)

Dumb frogposter.

Nigger, using it for browsing the Web, chatting with people, checking email, etc. is not really reasonable. You also can't use it to watch videos, do video, audio, or graphics editing, or to watch YouTube and anime and shit.

If you're not using it for system administration purposes, what ARE you using it for?
This is what I got:
1) Configurations
2) Managing services
3) Managing packages
4) Performing maintenance

Unless you wanna count using VIM to edit your code. In which case, you got 1 thing that's not administration.

Maybe a music player, if you want, but smp and mpv are far more featured.

And don't even go BUT MAH W3M!!! That is not HTML5 and CSS3 compliant and can't run scripts, let alone videos, audio, or flash (if you still need Flash for some things).

What do you use for office software, if not Libre or Open?

CLI is a perfect TOOL, not a perfect INTERFACE. What do you use when you're not TOOLING around the system? What do you use to play games, if you do that kinda thing?
Even Extreme Tux Racer has a GUI, dumbass.

The absolute state of Jow Forums is that people don't even know what a GUI is. It's anything that can't be run from the terminal and makes use of graphics. Meaning anything used for day-to-day entertainment and much of day-to-day productivity.

Glorify it all you want, but it's not the omni-tool that can handle all purposes ever.
It's a GREAT tool, and the Linux CLI is far better than Windows' Command Prompt, but it can't do everything.

Jow Forums is like 80% phoneposters and 99.9% /v/

You must mean the GNU CLI. Linux is just a kernel. It's CLI is in /proc/, called cmdline.

okay I'll bite, heres my 2 cents of autism
>Unless you wanna count using VIM to edit your code
correct
>Maybe a music player, if you want, but smp and mpv
I launch mpv from terminal with links or through ranger to watch my animus, also music or radio streams
>What do you use for office software, if not Libre or Open?
libre to view, vim+latex for my own stuff. I dont solely use cli stuff, but the way you phrased it made it seem like you were one of those fags that sits there and uses retarded gui wrappers for perfectly usable programs such as youtube-dl, scrot/maim, ffmpeg, packagemanagers etc.
>CLI is a perfect TOOL, not a perfect INTERFACE. What do you use when you're not TOOLING around the system? What do you use to play games, if you do that kinda thing?
as mentioned before I have stuff like browser open and some video streams in gui, aside from that weechat on a workspace and maybe some random project with vim for source and a terminal just for compiling/git. about the games thing nethack is pretty comfy to have open every now and then.
>but it can't do everything.
not trying to say everything should be cli, but theres more utility to it than only the 'administrating system' activities. and imo it shouldnt be avoided if its a viable option for the task at hand, no need to over complicate everything with cluttered GUI applications

Attached: 1482673820996.gif (640x360, 2.49M)

Phoneposters should be tarred, feathered, drawn and quartered

IRC is always nice, but you get used to modern conveniences like dragging files into the chat window, being able to initiate voice chat at any time, embedded video, simple UI, etc. I don't really like discord from a programming perspective (fuck Electron), but I can't deny it's usefulness.

>99.9% /v/
Sadly no. I actually miss the days we were 99.9% /v/ (of course I miss the time we were Jow Forums - technology more).
Because we are 99.999% Jow Forums now.

The kind of people that chat on IRC usually throw files onto their FTP server to share them, and hop on tinychot and other shit to do video chat if desired (but usually don't desire). I like it because it uses jack shit for system resources and I fully understand how the chatz are working. I run irssi in a shell and can ssh into it from any computer I'm on, and feel far more secure talking on a friend's server over an ssh connection than wondering how much of my chat Discord is pumping to threeletters. Also it's got that old school comfy.

Also how is it I can arrange my channels and messages in a terminal app from 1991 better than I can in Discord? All those features Discord has and yet there's no way to sort your 40+ chat servers besides "single column of icons".

Shoo shoo you transitioning kike-poojit

>80% phone posters
>99.9% /v/
but that doesn't add up to 100% you dumb fuck. Go back to /b/ retard

Attached: 1413781473143.jpg (1280x1444, 120K)

The owner is a retarded macfaggot, it's not officially Jow Forums approved, far form it.

>nethack is pretty comfy
I agree, have you ever ascended user?

wintards + macfags + /v/irgins all hang there.