Where does it end

I get the feel that as i grow older the more and more meme languages i am being forced to learn in order to stay competitive . While normies just jump on to one promotion after another with just a firm handshake and not having to learn 120 different programming, version control, containersition and various other languages...

Attached: 83C97C74-FB83-4C8C-B72B-6D29BAD13C8C.jpg (500x500, 59K)

That's because normalfags ruin everything. The destruction of technology and home computing can really be pinned on the eternal /v/toddler. Starting in the late 90s computers were being used as numale toys and not as tools, and that's what made everything go to shit. So just like every other good thing, NPC retards have completely fucked programming into the dirt with OOP shit and abstraction for the sake of abstraction. We're at the point where web browsers might as well ship with their own kernels.

Attached: 1517851451_i2N7VWY.jpg (1080x1080, 132K)

My primary language is C, and there is no indication that it is going to change any time soon.
Webdev is a horrible meme and you shouldn't have wasted your time going into it.

>computers were being used as numale toys and not as tools
this is ironic coming from a Jow Forums poster
people who enjoy reinstalling operating systems see computers as toys, not video gamers who just use it to run software

Creating, installing, and developing new operating systems is what created the tools required for /v/edditors to piggyback on our hobby and ruin it. Prove me wrong.

Attached: 1483688533170.png (1000x669, 912K)

what do you do?

/thread

Learn to become comfortable with the fundamentals. I mastered C# and it doesn't seem to be slowing down in terms of applicability at all. The containerization and meme languages/frameworks are mostly just noise generated by newcomers who need some training wheels to hold their mental abstractions together. Anything you see someone doing with "kubes" or nodejs or some meme framework can likely be implemented much more directly and cleanly in your preferred systems programming language. For persistence you can safely ignore nosql and blockchain. SQLite and PostgreSQL are all you need. I fucking promise.

TL;DR, 99% of the new languages, frameworks and tools can safely be ignored. Focus on what you know and what problems you actually want to solve. Don't invent new problems just to create use cases for fancy new tools, unless this is contrary to your particular autistic preferences.

>our hobby
like you said, toys
Using a computer to run software is using it as a tool
And the tools most people use were made by Microsoft wageslaves
Perhaps you should complain that people are stealing your toys and maybe mommy will tell them off for you

it does kind of feel like professional programming has gone from being skilled at highly technical problem solving to just trying to find a module to do it for you and going full retard if one doesn't exist

>he doesn't know about the origins of windows, the people who made it, or how they learned programming
Peak /v/toddler. Windows has roots in DOS and OpenVMS, and the people who worked on OpenVMS were some of the guys who originally worked on Unix. Unix started as an open source project shared on tapes. You're welcome, nigger.

Attached: 1515469916827.jpg (1280x910, 199K)

I agree to an extent. I don't think that computers being used as toys is exactly a bad thing. The problem is when they just become cheap dopamine hit machines to get your feel good chemicals from social media likes or the latest dumb overwatch or counterstrike clone. I think for some people, the internet is actually having an effect similar to what LSD did to people in the 60s, where the bombardment of information and different perspectives and opinions from people from all around the world is actually expanding peoples minds and making them question things more. But for the majority, they lock themselves into some corner of the internet (often their social media page) and filter out everything that doesn't appeal to their ego and world view, and do not use the internet to research or learn that much (you know, except googling the answer to their homework lel). That said, I do not think having a corner of the internet that is basically your "home", full of like minded people is bad. But you need to leave that home and explore other places.

>what do you do?
I work doing open source stuff related to low-level Linux graphics.

im not sure what that has to do with what I'm saying
Your ancestors were niggers from Ethopia, does that mean that's what you are?

Without hobbyists you wouldn't have your precious bideo bames. Now you come to Jow Forums to shit on us and our projects like the ungrateful, ignorant nigger monkey that you are. If I could snap my fingers and instantly kill every single gamer, I would.

Oh forgot another similarity, the information/perspective overload seems to be making some people also paranoid or mentally ill, since they can't decide what is real or fake anymore, or for instance because of the exposure to the amount of fake news that exists.

git gud or git rekt fgt

>filter out everything that doesn't appeal to their ego and world view
The problem is that this behaviour is actively promoted by jewgle, fb...
Have you been on Youtube lately?
It's hell. They only show you videos you've already seen a hundred times and liked and actively try to keep you away from new things you might eventually dislike. You can press the "I don't want to see this video" button, but it does nothing and is only placebo. Same with facebook, same with google,same with the rest of the internet. They always say they want to "optimize user experience", but they just lock you into a bubble with stuff you liked/watched/used in the past and that's it. Have fun the rest of your life with it.

The Industrial Revolution and its consequences have been a disaster for the human race.

What's the alternative?
Stay in the middle ages forever?
Humans are just a shit race.
How would it be today if humans would have evolved from a not so much herd-animaly species?

Fuck you smooth brain

people who invent things aren't hobbyists, they're a different class of people, don't put yourself on the same level as them just because you enjoy wasting time reinstalling linux

Yea this is pretty shitty. But I think the people who fall for that would just fall for some other shit if it's not that then it's something else.

Wrong.

Nerd purists jelly of normies will never win by crying. Create something useful and get your respect back faggots.

Maybe you're just stupid

This is what happens when you listen to headhunters who tell you learn every piece of memeshit under the sun. If you understand the theory and fundamentals of CS and software engineering, picking up new tools isn't that hard as long as you constrain the scope and stay focused. If you aren't happy with your current position, and you want to go elsewhere, you should be focusing on the skills needed to get you to where you want to go.

Attached: 1403376799428.jpg (1200x900, 258K)