working on unique project that fills a niche, there's literally no alternative...

> working on unique project that fills a niche, there's literally no alternative, only programs that do a subset of what hydrus does with no integration between them
>weekly noticeable updates with detailed changelogs
> very transparent, says how development is going, what's next, what's being worked on and other useful info
>dev responds to suggestions and problems, fixes bugs in next version or one after that
> 1MA doing this in his free time and yet gets more done and more quickly than most group projects and "professionals"
>has eightchan board for hydrus for likeminded autists to discuss their hoarding addiction and elf tiddies
How can a dev be so based?

Attached: hydrus_400x400.png (400x400, 50K)

Other urls found in this thread:

hydrusnetwork.github.io/hydrus/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

The integrated download tool and tags is top notch. But i am still retarded enought to not have discovered a way to delete the original file, if i delete the imported one. If this is present on the program, can someone explain to the brainlet here?

what is it for

> is developed mostly for Windows, but reasonably functional builds for Linux and OS X are available
sage

when you delete an image goes to the trash, and when the trash reaches a timer or a max size set by you it will be thrown away forever.

Files that are in the trash can stay in a page since the image is not in the page but a link to it. You can do delete from page to remove an image from a page but not trash it.

hydrusnetwork.github.io/hydrus/
It appears to be some sort of image sharing software.

I wish it had more portability.

> Completely contained in one folder

> Not portable?

It's nearly perfect for organizing images but not great for paged media. I would love to get all my h manga in there.

Next big job will be the API, and after that dev will open a new vote. Ask him for this and vote for it. Next months he might work on that.

I know how to delete the fucking files on the hydrus database.
I want to know if there is a way to delete the original file if it is deleted on the hydrus database. I.e i have 2 of the same image, but using the tool to find dupes i now know the better one, and if deleting the worst on the database, it deleted the original one in the imported folder, so if i need to reimport/rebuild the database, i dont need to repeat the dupe finding process

It's an image tagging program with built in tools for downlaoding from boorus and other sites. It also has a 'Public Tag Repository' that will automatically tag many files you might already have.

The 'doesn't handle multi-file media' thing very well is my number one issue with it. Hopefully enough people convince him this is a good thing to work on next.

Why keep the import file at all?

I truly have no idea what you mean, can you explain in a different sentence?

To still have access to it via any simple file manager over the network or to easy file transfer for other devices?

It isn't very surprising. In many ways it's easier be to a 1MA than a team lead and it's better for productivity to work on what you want for free than to have a boss and customers.

Is there a way to delete the original(the one that is on the folder that you imported) file if said file is deleted on the hydrus database?

You have to copy files.

hmm, I doubt that. API should help later.

If your import folder is one folder, what you can do is on import, add a namespaced tag based on filename, then delete what you want in hydrus, then delete your import folder, and export your hydrus folder to the original import folder with the option of 'all instances of a particular namespace' set to the namespaced filename tag

Hopefully I explained that well.

I prefer digikam. I don't like how there's no control over actual folder hierarchy, it means I can only manage imported pictures with hydrus. With digikam I get both tags and folders, it's more portable, it doesn't rely on one program for everything, i can switch to file manager and files will still be structured. As for downloading and autotagging, i use imgbrd-grabber with .xmp sidecars.

Not a graceful solution, but will do. Thanks m8, really helped.

Tag search based on filename/artist/character or on the same system as the duplicate finder, when?

Werks on my Arch machine