Daaammnnnn UNIX looks like that!?

Attached: 53AFC17E-C465-42F6-8C0B-818DB1CDC050.jpg (1320x743, 168K)

Other urls found in this thread:

opengroup.org/openbrand/register/apple.htm
github.com/curl/curl/issues/1057
idea.popcount.org/2017-02-20-epoll-is-fundamentally-broken-12/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

FagOS isn't Unix. Unix is an operating system. The only "people" who care about open group certs are cuckold poojeets who defer to authority like ants.

Poo in the loo, faggot.

Attached: 1981_IBM_PC[1].jpg (350x369, 12K)

The UNIX trademark is owned by The Open Group, which basically uses it as a certification mark for SUS-compliance. OS X has been registered as a UNIX 03-compliant product since 10.5, so it qualifies as UNIX (not just UNX or Unix-like) in that sense. Most GNU/Linux distributions are not registered as SUS-compliant, so they should be called something like UNIX-like or UNX in that sense, even though neither of those terms is used by The Open Group.

OS X could also be considered to be genetic Unix in the sense that Darwin was based on FreeBSD (or it has used FreeBSD as a reference platform), and BSDs are usually considered to be genetic Unix, since the original BSD was based on AT&T code. Both GNU and Linux were rewritten from scratch though, so GNU/Linux platforms are not generally considered to be genetic Unix.

tl;dr MacOS is unix

>Poo in loo

Indians can’t afford apple products. They’re all wintards.

Unix is shit

>Most GNU/Linux distributions are not registered as SUS-compliant, so they should be called something like UNIX-like or UNX in that sense
Except for the fact that even FreeBSD, OpenBSD, NetBSD, and everything based on OpenSolaris are also lacking the open group cert, yet they are debatably genetically and functionally more true to UNIX than anything else. The only thing the UNIX cert tells you is that Apple bought a thing from the (((Open Group)))

>itt the dumbest of fucks that will literally reply to a post titled "this is b8 pls reply k"

>FagOS isn't Unix
>"people"
>cuckold poojeets
>defer to authority like ants
>Poo in the loo, faggot.

Attached: ackchyually1.png (700x700, 21K)

>The only thing the UNIX cert tells you is that Apple bought a thing from the (((Open Group)))

And that it’s fully POSIX compliant, of course.

Someone post the deviru already

Based

>And that it’s fully POSIX compliant, of course.
No it isn't. Applel breaks POSIX every other release and never fixes it. Polling was broken in Mavericks to Sierra last I saw, and it's probably still broken. Thank fuck I got rid of my macshit and bought a real computer.

>No it isn't
Yes it is. This isn't debatable.

>Yes it is. This isn't debatable.
>t. POSIX authority
got any proof to backup your bullshit?

>This isn't debatable.
The truth fears no investigation, macfaggot. Go read what Homebrew said about polling being broken and how they have to avoid it. Polling is a part of the POSIX spec. You know that, don't you mactoddler?

Attached: PROD-Adolf-Hitler-whrend-einer-Rede.jpg (615x409, 40K)

I really assume marketers are smarter than this, so i suspect this is just some weird meta anti-apple troll?

MacOS releases have had full POSIX compliance for the last decade. What are you talking about?

Yes, the proof is the certification from The Open Group. Stupid winjeets.

The open group have certified them posix compliant, and seeing as they’re the UNIX certifying body that’s about as concrete as it can get.

>Both GNU and Linux were rewritten from scratch though, so GNU/Linux platforms are not generally considered to be genetic Unix.
(G)anoo
(N)ot
(U)nix

>purchasing a cert is concrete evidence
>the absolute state of Macfag shills

Attached: d74.jpg (821x753, 112K)

No, Indians are that fucking stupid. These threads are literally always in the catalog, posted a dozen at a time.

The proof is whether or not you can properly implement polling. On FagOS you can't. Therefore it's not POSIX compliant. The certifications shouldn't be given to applel if they can't meet the standard.

Like I said, you pajeets are like ants. We're reaching cargo cult levels of bullshit here.

Attached: Screenshot_2018-11-21-23-59-17-1.png (1440x1445, 1005K)

India is a hivemind, winjeet. You dont even know what the certification entails.
No, winjeet. Mac OS is POSIX compliant. You made a wild claim and have backed it up with no evidence. Go back to your video toys, wintoddler.

>apple computer bad
you are also NPCs you dumb motherfucker

If I get a certification that gravity no longer exists, can I then float around? Fucking moron.

Attached: 1544228846970.jpg (298x272, 13K)

There is a very transparent POSIX certification process. Yes, they purchased the cert, but they wouldn’t have been able to do that unless they fulfilled the criteria.

Bill Gates couldn’t throw millions at the open group and have them certify Windows 10 as a UNIX system, for example.

If that certification depends on the provision of gravity not existing, yes. Are you retarded? Wait, you're a wintoddler. Of course the answer is yes.

>hivemind
>as the NPCs brainlessly defend their favorite sheep box
pottery
>its true because I say it is

Is this nigga retarded?

not an applefag but that is a really dumb analogy.

That's called a wallpaper, retard.

BSD, and by extension MacOS fulfill every requirement of POSIX certification, which is why they’ve been certified.

What polling issue do you mean? It obviously didn’t affect the OpenGroups decision, and seeing as they’re the UNIX authority that means quite a bit.

It's weird how only Wintoddler pajeets attack macOS with their gamer memes. Almost like they have an agenda.

I have a Thinkpad you fucking cuck. brainlessly defending and brainlessly hating on apple computers makes you a retarded NPC

>Indian intellectual

>Bill Gates couldn’t throw millions at the open group and have them certify Windows 10 as a UNIX system, for example.
Bill Gates hasn't been Microsoft's CEO in fucking forever. You look really dumb. And Windows 7 had POSIX certs at one point, so yes, they can throw money at the Open Group and get certs.

I hereby certify you gravity-free. Jump up and down and believe in yourselves, imbeciles.

Samefag

This is the stupidest thing I have read today. Well done.

You aren't making any sense anymore. You're just fucking retarded.

Capped for future generations.

>samefagging this hard
You seem pretty ass blasted. Hey Pajeet, your mom is filthy whore and your sister is so ugly that other poos won't even rape her.

>reeee if I play stupid I won't look bad!
Get bent, curry nigger.

Attached: reddit_shown.jpg (500x667, 77K)

>3 comments within a minute
>samefag
winlets really are this retarded

Absolute brainlet.

OSX is a fully POSIX complaint Unix operating system. Doesn't mean it's good, but that's what it is. And no matter what it's considerably better than Windows.

t. GNU/Linux user

Attached: 2018-12-09-170343_1360x768_scrot.png (1360x768, 390K)

>all this butthurt from two Macfag poojeet shills
ba da ba ba ba

Attached: 12976-004-5222B89A.jpg (228x300, 9K)

You either don't read or are purposefully playing dumb. It isn't interesting at all to talk to you.

>pajeet
>using anything other than windows
wincuck cope

Ok, why isn't OSX a POSIX complaint OS pajeet?

There's a way that samefagging can be verified. You'd know this if you weren't a newfag and a literal paid shill.

Polling is broken. Make sure you select() faggot.

github.com/curl/curl/issues/1057

>implying streets hitters like yourself don't view Apple as a status symbol

Attached: 1491377746760.jpg (934x524, 44K)

Indians can't afford Apple products. Windows has a 90% market share.

Q.E.D. You are a self hating indian

>self hating Indian
project harder Ranjeet, its a known fact once apple started launching products in your homeland that you took to it like you and your family take to the street when your stomach starts rumbling

Ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
*breathes in*
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Attached: Screenshot_2018-12-09-12-07-20-1.png (1368x1598, 313K)

Firstly, bugs don't prevent POSIX compliance. Secondly, that is easily fixed. Is that really all you have, pajeet? Maybe you aren't playing dumb, maybe this is just how you are.

>KDE
>1360x768
>lenovo ideapad

Fuck off, nigger.

Pfffft Hahahahahahahahahahaha

Attached: Screenshot_2018-12-09-12-07-20-1-1.jpg (1440x1682, 656K)

Both Windows and Android have ~90% market share in India. You are retarded.

>a minor bug with curl, the fix of which is in that thread, means OSX lacks POSIX compliance

Nigger you have no idea what you are talking about, do you? MacOS is certified UNIX, by the only people with the authority to certify a system as UNIX. This is fucking hilarious keep going please.

Are you really this dumb? Seriously. So you have any idea what you are talking about?

>Le funnay NPC maymay
I find it hilarious because it's actually the Windtards and Androshits who are the real NPCs. How the fuck do get so defensive over a fucking tech company? Why do you care? Do you get triggered when you see somone driving a car brand that you don't like?

Of all the angles to attack macOS from why do people try to say it isn't UNIX? That is just dumb and easily proven false. Why would you even try, it just makes you look stupid.

Oh shit, let me get up off the floor. I fell over laughing.

>Note that macOS has a history of broken poll implementations

AHHHHHHHH AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Attached: 1526602899484.gif (360x346, 170K)

A minor bug doesn't mean something lacks POSIX compliance. Legacy functions tend to have issues, for example

idea.popcount.org/2017-02-20-epoll-is-fundamentally-broken-12/

You're just googling and posting images of things you don't really understand becuase you think if you can't make an argument maybe someone else can, but all you're doing is posting some bugs. You can google all day but you will never find 'proof' OSX isn't POSIX compliant, because it is a certified UNIX system.

Why does that bother you?

>one guy on github posts a comment
>pajeet uses this as proof that a POSIX certified OS isn't POSIX compliant

Loving. Every. Laugh.

Yes, you can quote a bug report. Well done. But you have no idea what any of it means. At the end of the day you're just a wintoddler who doesn't know his ass from a hole in the ground.

>Note that macOS has a history of broken poll implementations

And? Are you trying to imply curl doesn't work on OSX?

>legacy
>commonly used program wants to use polling
>ayylmao it's broken!

Cope harder, nigglets. My OS is POSIX compliant and your isn't. AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Attached: 1538081865529.jpg (352x352, 17K)

You seriously have no idea what you are talking about and can only spout memes. Just stop posting.

>y-y-y-you d-d-don't understand!
C O P E
O
P
E

With what?

Your tears are delicious. Just leave Jow Forums and never come back.

Do you have an answer, winjeet?

Do you? Nice POSIX compliance you've got there. Hope you don't actually try to run any software.

But curl works on mac OS. Like all POSIX OSs. You don't know what you're talking about

Whats your OS?

It works because the developers jumped through hoops to port it without polling, dumbass.

Doesn't matter. I came here to shit all over yours.

Attached: 1339528754034.png (448x360, 47K)

>This kills the Winjeet

Attached: Screenshot_20181209_172656.png (1125x352, 24K)

You know the period you are referring to, where the bug existed, was less than two months, right?

>Doesn't matter
It's Windows. LOL.

>the developers of curl work at apple

Nigger what? OSX is a fully POSIX complaint system. It has the certification from The Open Group. They are the authority, not some Winjeet who can't handle the truth.

t. debian user

Welcome to nu/g/.
>post obvious bait thread
>FUCKYOU MAC TODDLER FUCK U FAG iFAG HAHAHHA FUCK YOU tier responses.

>Doesn't matter.

Well you said fully POSIX compliant so that rules out Windows and GNU/Linux. Either that or you're a lying winjeet.kek

>It works because the developers jumped through hoops to port it without polling,

There is so much wrong with this sentence there is no way you're not a troll. What does polling do in curl, Pajeet?

>port it

curl has been standard in BSD since 1997. MacOS is based on BSD. It was never proted.

This has been going on for years. I've ported software to MacOS and then dropped support because Applel breaks shit every release.

It's not Windows. Keep guessing, Ranjeet.

Go read the source and find out. I don't maintain curl.

Porting can refer to modifying and maintaining software for special snowflake platforms that it normally wouldn't work with.

Attached: Screenshot_2018-12-09-12-33-09-1.png (1440x1134, 238K)

>This has been going on for years
Since Mavericks there was a less than two month span where poll did not work as intended. You are full of shit.

Where are you getting this "two months" figure from? I have a feeling it was pulled straight from your street shitting ass.

That was the period from the release of Sierra to the update that fixed it, you fucking idiot.

Uh huh. So Mavericks to Sierra was 2 months. I see.

Attached: afe66e497e7ec52a3e6c841b635e34eb9790342c40fa8d9d1cdcd717f4fa8ec0.png (645x614, 83K)

>I've ported software to MacOS and then dropped support because Applel breaks shit every release

Can you give some examples other than taking 4 year old screenshots of a non-issue in curl, which has worked fine in OSX since it was created?

If you can you should tell the Open Group their POSIX certification course is faulty. They'll probably give you a job.

You have no idea what you're talking about and it's hilarious to see you dig yoruself in deeper.

Once again, MacOS has full UNIX certification and is a POSIX compliant system

OS X is based on Darwin BSD, and since 10.5 (Leopard - 18-May-2007) all Intel/AMD versions have been officially certified as compliant with the Unix 03 / POSIX standard

I'm not going out of my way to find more examples because I don't care. I also don't want a job with the Open Group. I also don't care about how the certification course is done. That's their problem.

If a jewler certifies a common pebble as the worlds purest diamond, does that make it a diamond? Because it can be proven to be objectively wrong through hardness testing. Mac OS is objectively not POSIX compliant if polling is broken.

What? Where did you get that from? Try reading, pajeet, it might be useful. Mavericks was the version that, and pay attention to this, fixed the issue which had been present since Panther. Are you following? Alright. Then another, similar issue became apparent in Sierra, which was released in September of 2016. The issue was fixed with 10.12.2, released in December 2016. Did you get all that or was it too much for you to wrap your head around?

>Mac OS is objectively not POSIX compliant if polling is broken.
Firstly, that isn't true. It would be omission, a bug does not preclude POSIX certification. Secondly, it is not broken and hasn't been for two years. So is that really all you have? Because you will need to admit that macOS is POSIX compliant now.

A bug in curl doesn't mean polling is broken. It's obviously not because if MacOS failed any of the POSIX requirements it wouldn't have been certified. Curl still worked mind you.

I mean, you don't really have much legroom with bugs do you Pajeet, seeing as you use Microsoft "nice user data, shame if something happened to it" Windows 10

Are you a Basketball American by any chance?

And rainbow pilled.

>I'm not going out of my way to find more examples because I don't care
>I don't care

You've been trying to argue up is down for the last half an hour. You clearly care kek.

MacOS is POSIX complaint. Looks, here's there certification

Pay attention, fucker. I'm telling your dense ass that I've had polling problems since Mavericks when I first started writing and porting software for Mac OS. I stopped with Sierra because there were still problems. You claim it's fixed and I don't care. I'm already done with the platform as a whole because it's shit. We won't even get into the billion and one hardware problems with macshit.

You keep talking about certifications as if they matter. Compliance is what matters.

I've already told you that I don't use Windows. I don't know you keep brining it up. Ask your employer for new lines to read.

Attached: Op+is+a++_74292f96372f43b3c45180cbedc620c7.jpg (400x497, 74K)

>muh certs!
>muh certs!
>muh certs!
This shit is like doctors from India. They have all the certs and don't know shit, and they're unfit to practice anywhere else. POSIX certification is a meme. Compliance is what matters.