/spg/ - Smartphone General

Pixel 3 XL Lite & 3 Lite Edition

If requesting purchasing advice, please provide your country and what carrier you will be using it with, along with wanted features, budget and size.

Good Resources:
>Reviews, Specs, Comparisons
gsmarena.com
phonearena.com
kimovil.com

>Frequency Checker
willmyphonework.net
frequencycheck.com
kimovil.com/en/frequency-checker

>Chinkphone news
gizchina.com
gizmochina.com

>Visual Phone Size Comparison
phonearena.com/phones/size

>Post a Mini-Review of your Smartphone
>Discuss upcoming and current models
>Ask for help related to phones
>Tell us how much shekels you spent on good/bad phone

Previous thread

Attached: _20181209_184256.jpg (1724x1151, 208K)

Other urls found in this thread:

techrankup.com/smartphone-ranking/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>no more than 32GB onboard storage
>no mSD support
>more than $400
OP you could have just said Complete Shit Edition

You forgot:
>only viable in one single country (US)
>laughably bad battery life
>no 3.5mm audio jack

I will buy the XZ4 when it comes out, because of brand loyalty.

Note 9 shits all over the Pixelshit
it's a phone for people who look like pic related.

Attached: just.jpg (604x424, 35K)

>Jow Forums - Consumerism board

I like the aesthetic of Xperia phones and the Xperia UI, sue me. And the XZ4 will have a flat display and no notches so it's a fucking win for me.

>no more than 32GB onboard storage
there'll likely be a 64GB version as well

>more than $400
No pricing has been confirmed yet.

>no 3.5mm audio jack
Pic related

Attached: G1HPtW3NK5lT.jpg (1500x1125, 282K)

What are some good cases for nokia 7.1?

Attached: Pink Demon.jpg (492x456, 41K)

>no 3.5mm audio jack
>Pic related
Source: rumoured Lite model
Come on.

>Commiefornia in one picture
amazing how all four girls are ugly so as to appeal to the tumblrina market

>Source: rumoured Lite model
Yes, the phone in the OP you replied to

They're for the poor, the homeless like you shouldn't really be posting here

how do you smile with all teeth like that

Pixel 3 lite is garbage but fuck off with you overpriced gookshit, scamscum shill
>there'll likely be a 64GB version as well
>No pricing confirmed yet
fucking please, it's google and they've shown their hand with the regular Pixel 3 series
they'll try and get away with charging 499-575 for a SD 670 device because it fits in with their price scheduling because their scumbags as well
>paying that much for a SD 6XX device
>quod dominus noster jesus christus Domini per annos singulos 2008+11

Huawei Mate 20 is price performance king right now
techrankup.com/smartphone-ranking/

>benchmarks
Fundamentally flawed since the beginning, because virtually every manufacturer has been able to cheat them at this point.

I don't mind the normal Pixel 3, should prices go down a bit. Great form factor, notchless and no other dumb gimmicks. It's just not a flagship to me. What was google thinking when they announced the prices?

>tfw fell for the Note 9 instead of an iPhone.

chinkfags are the worst

how about when a 3rd party ROM actually increases the score?

Attached: Screenshot_AnTuTu_Benchmark_20181123-230844.png (1080x1920, 872K)

Step 1: be a mutt

ooawai
I wouldn't even take a hooeawai phone for free, those things are hot garbage.

It's pronounced "Wah-Way", you ignorant white pig

Shut the fuck up head cow chillo, mandarin-san.

Reposting. Just got my Redmi Note 5, love it. Should I update it to MIUI 10? I've seen poo in loos having issues like battery drain and lagging. Not interested in flashing custom roms at the moment.

What phone is this?

Attached: 4e261ed265bf6629236b97bd26b7298a.jpg (931x922, 125K)

>huawei mate 20
>600+
>not overpriced
lmao kys

And this? Are they the same?

Attached: David+Gandy+Front+Row+Arrivals+Day+2+LFWM+Ca4az6CQOCTl.jpg (399x600, 94K)

Pocophone

>want a great camera
>want an IPS screen
>want a plastic build
>want a headphone jack
>want stock Android
>minimal storage usage
Talk me out of buying the Pixel Lite. Sure it's 2x more expensive than I would like but it's the only one that has everything I want.

This is a galaxy S5

This is a galaxy s8

Guess US will have to disappear more Huawei staff to please their overlords

Update to MIUI 10, it's a big improvement over 9. Don't listen to the pajeets, they complain about literally every update. If you just got the phone, just do a factory reset after updating, that'll fix most issues that might come from updates.

If Gandy sticks with Galaxy, so will I. Thanks.

compromise on the camera and plastic build and you can get an XZ1 for cheap

>This is a galaxy S5
Nope, check the flash position. I think it's a Galaxy Alpha

Retard Samsung pays him to use it so retards like you will buy their phones

forgot to take your meds again?

Pocophone

I bet Apple would have paid more.

It's pretty much the same price as the Lite will be in my country, there'd be less than $50 in savings

I said great camera

>GREAT CAMERA
gcam won't help when you zoom in on your photos LOL
buggy beta laggy gcam with disabled features, 15 second delay in between shots
and let's not mention the DISGUSTING notched screen with extremely rounded corners, sheeesh

Apple doesn't need to pay people to use their phones

Attached: Sieppax.png (887x733, 662K)

Do you guys think purism will ever actually sell a phone?

>he uses a pooiaomi phone

Attached: 23472248_10159536083345511_1474096413481756897_n-1-570x430.jpg (570x430, 32K)

>imblying Apple doesn't pay half of Instagram

They genuinely don't, but they already spend far more on their brand and image than on actual tech so it evens out

Best phone between $150 and $175 dollars?

So my Oneplus 3's battery health is 80%

Just flashed LOS15.1, Magisk and FrancoKernel

Underclocked CPU Big Cores to 1.8 ghz and getting 7 hours of SOT while the phone is snappy as hell

Alright Note 9 or Mate 20 Pro?

I'd love to have a 3.5mm jack again, but the price and the OS are a deterring me.

For the Mate 20 pro, I like the camera but I don't want to get a fucked screen.

Decisions decisions.

>gcam won't help when you zoom in on your photos LOL
Neither will any smartphone camera sensor period.

Note 9 idiot
>talks about the OS being a deterrent next to HUAWEI
fucking lol get the Note 9 please

OK GUYS I bought a fucking LG G4 phone for 80€ used. Came with 3 covers, 2 chargers and cables. Few scratches. Came from some lady.

Did I fuck up? I wanted it for the 15 mp rear camera and good night vision pictures. Here's an image I took a few days ago. I like it, but some pics have grain in them too much. But now I saw Galaxy S6's on sale on eBay for 99 quids or Britbong dollars. That's a little over 110€, only 30€ more than I paid for a used phone. I check the Galaxy S6's camera specs and it's a 16 mp phone. I feel like I fucked up, but I did get some accessories already like a new battery, replacement lens, cover, better charger cable, dock etc. and I plan on fixing the scratches with some paste and good old vaseline, then covering it up with a tempered case.

I'm fucking new to these smart phones and honestly I know the LG phones have apparently a tendency to brick themselves if they get too hot. Anything I can do to prevent it, like an app that shuts down other apps and programs to preserve energy but also CPU usage so the thing stays cool? I know FUCK ALL when it comes to the store.

Before someone points it out the image here has been down sized and compressed with Photoshop so it takes very little space, plus the phone does support saving images in raw format and this was not saved in raw format although I wish it was.

False when the S9 can be bought for $500.

Rate me

If even I buy a new phone right now.

Attached: 1544273109122.png (500x500, 215K)

get the Note 9, dumbo

I want to buy a phone for my mom in the $200 range. Would you guys go for a HTC 10 or a moto G6? They´re similarly priced in my country. Also open for suggestions. Thanks in advance.

Attached: 1527028503518.png (203x254, 96K)

I'd say Mate 20 Pro. Though you should go to a store and try them out in person, see which one YOU prefer.

false when Pocophone can be bought for $300

Redmi Note 5 / Note 6 Pro

Thanks, man, but since it's a gift I'm afraid she might not like it for being a not so well known brand. Appreciate the suggestion, tho.

Nokia 6.1?

Fucking good stuff lad, I couldn't do that flashing shit for the life of me. Only thing I can flash is my dick

HTC 10 obviously, the specs are WAY better than the Moto G6.

Any phones like the note 9 with the great memo/stylus features?

Have a note 5 but not willing to pay $700 on the note 9 right now.

I'll check it out, I just saw that It's on sale where I live but I don't have experience with nokia android phones, thanks for the help!

Yeah, I thought so, I was just wondering since it's relatively old if that would make it not worth buying or something.

For $200 you can't do much with branded phones desu, only chinkshit offers you better specs at that price range. There's also the XZ1 you can get with an SD835/4GB RAM for $220 or so if you look around.

I wouldn't get the HTC 10, it's already EOL meaning no more updates, and the battery life isn't very good

Alright, then I guess I'll start looking for chinkshits, thanks a lot, man!

Yeah, that's what I was afraid of, guess I'm out of luck there.

Try to find a Xperia XZ1

Will do, chief. Thanks!

You bought a ticking time no bomb. Shit will bootloop eventually. Even the G7 thinmeme is bootlooping on T-Mobile Europe. Don't fucking buy LG.

I'm a European Note9 owner who just read Anandtech's article comparing the snapdragon and exynos versions. Thirty minutes ago I was happily ignorant. How do I cope with this?

Flash a custom ROM, better software will partially make up for the hardware difference.

My v20 was great for the 18 months i had it, now I have a v35 and I'm in love,a great display and sound.

Good thing Qualcomm Snapdragons are reserved for the US carriers which will inevitably lock them down. I'm still not sure how this is even legal.

Modding Samsung phones is not worth it. Unlocking the bootloader on Note 9 will trigger Samsung Knox which is a hardware switch which cannot be reverted.
This means you lose access to:
- Samsung Warranty (including any out of warranty repairs)
- Certain Samsung apps like Samsung Pay and Samsung Health
- Resale value
- Knox reliant apps like Secure Folder

Also, custom ROMs can't use Samsung's proprietary camera software which means variable aperture won't work, telephoto camera can't be used, etc.

So I just went to a store and looked at the 6t and the note 9 and the 6t wins hands down

>buy costly high-end smartphone
>get treated like you bought the ad-screensaver version of the cheapest kindle
Simply ebin

Sorry for posting this again:

Can any anons help me out? I'm switching from my shit iPhone and stuck on what to get for a budget phone, I'm just a basic user. Stuck in between brand new chink/budget vs. secondhand/refurb memeships

>inb4 Pocophone (no coverage for my carrier in Canada)

Options (in order of their running to me right now):
>Xiaomi Mi A2 Lite/Redmi Note 5
>Moto G6/G6 Plus
>Google Pixel (1st gen)
>Nokia 6.1
>LG G6/V30/whatever
>Samsung?

Wat do?

>Samsung Warranty
I'm really skeptical about this and even more so since there have been methods of avoiding tripping Knox in the past.
>Samsung Pay
Fair, but this is still more niche than Google Pay or NFC payments.
>Samsung Health
Gimmick.
>Resale value
Exactly how? If a person who buys the device from you doesn't want a custom ROM and you reflash the original firmware, where's the loss?
>Knox reliant apps like Secure Folder
Not sure how trustworthy this is, especially on a proprietary OEM firmware.
>Also, custom ROMs can't use Samsung's proprietary camera software which means variable aperture won't work, telephoto camera can't be used, etc.
All of this is a thing of the past since Gcam.

Out of those, definitely the Redmi Note 5 if network bands aren't an issue. Don't take a gamble with LG and pretty much everything else is either overpriced or locked down.

>I'm really skeptical about this and even more so since there have been methods of avoiding tripping Knox in the past.
It's true, search for Knox e-fuse. On the newer Samsung phones it cannot be avoided or reverted.

>Fair, but this is still more niche than Google Pay or NFC payments.
It's actually better than either, since it uses magnetic stripe emulation which makes it compatible with almost all PoS terminals

>Resale value
>Exactly how? where's the loss?
The warranty, Samsung Pay/Health and Knox apps is what's lost

these are all fair points, problem is your stuck with Samsung's absolutely terrible skin of Android

>The warranty, Samsung Pay/Health and Knox apps is what's lost
How long does a usual warranty period for their devices last? Two years?

>xiaomis
do you trust the chinks friendo?
>moto
they're okay
>google pixel
if you don't mind them being really ugly and the battery is slightly small and no msd then they're alright
>nokia 6.1
they're pretty sturdy and nice feeling from my experience and i think they have stock android
>lg
too much of a gamble it might be a phone that will last for so long or one that'll bootloop on the 2nd day
>samsung
cheap samsungs are absolute shit

>do you trust the chinks friendo?
No reason to trust anyone when their devices are so developer friendly. Also, mid range Motos are nowhere near price/performance ratios of Xiaomis.

The manufacturer warranty is one year in the US, two years in most of Europe afaik. Don't know about other countries.

Piss on your gcam buddy

2 years for europe with the warranty working only in europe
1 year anywhere else

XZ1 for sub 250 dingdongs

>Piss on your gcam buddy
Great reasoning. It sure is bullshit now, thanks man!

So tell me about MiUI. Does it interfere with normal android stuff in the global version, like using google play or installing whatever apk you want? Would I even know it was there if I installed a launcher?

devil trips confirm

I want a phone that I can install Gentoo on. What are my options?

no, it doesn't interfere with anything
its just Xiaomi's skin of Android, and being that its the global version, you have more choice such as installing google play services and the play store
I have yet to sign into mine and I've been able to download apk's just fine