HACKERS EXPLOIT 11-YEAR-OLD FIREFOX BUG

>Bug dealt with in Chrome and Edge, but still a problem for Firefox users.

>Despite being reported over and over again for seven other times, this issue has gone unfixed, for unknown reasons, and crooks have gladly abused it all this time.

>Mozilla is an open source project, and it doesn't have unlimited resources to handle all the reported issues, but you'd think that after more than 11 years a Firefox engineer would find the time to fix an actively exploited issue.

zdnet.com/article/malicious-sites-abuse-11-year-old-firefox-bug-that-mozilla-failed-to-fix/

>muh amateur open sores shitware is safer than professional proprietary software
lol ok buddy, just sit in that corner over there and shut up willya

Attached: firefox-bug-abused.png (1366x768, 60K)

>not separating UI from content
JUST

Use umatrix to block iframes by default you dummy.

>the bug has been reported 7 times
So why didn't the fuckers who reported it simply make a fix?

>HACKERS EXPLOIT 11-YEAR-OLD FIREFOX BUG
You're making it sound like it's something more than a popup window you can't close until you kill the firefox process.

Attached: it's_fucking_nothing.jpg (956x1280, 211K)

no one uses Firefox. not even Mozilla employees

Icecat, which is based off firefox ESR 60, is the only approved Jow Forums browser.

kys memer

Nice try mozilla employee. I won't be using firefox anytime soon.

Attached: 1540261635688.png (650x650, 177K)

Literally what.

He's right. IceCat and Firefox ESR are the only 2 browsers approved here and worth using, other than Tor browser.

>GNU stealing software and putting their name on it

as usual

can i get a quick PoC webm

chromium is open source, idiot

Luckily no one normal is using Firecucks, it dropped bellow 9% market share.

This is why you should run ungoogled-chromium.

Time to Vivaldi then

Viewing this site makes my flagship phone get hot and stay hot.

Prayers go to the 3 firefox users out there

>effectively keeping the user captive on the malicious sites until they close the browser altogether, and are forced to start a new browsing session.
Oh no the horror

>"I killed the Firefox process, which is the only solution for me."
So it is not a security bug and just annoying. Yeah can not be bothered to fix this shit. What shady sites do you even have to visit for this to happen? That is not an "exploit" in my opinion. It is just stupid.

>the current year of 2018
>surfing with javascript activated
>oh noes why does bad things happen?
god, you people are stupid.

>iframe bug
>2019
>not blocking iframes

That's because it's propaganda.

Think about recent news in the browser industry and why Google shills might want to misrepresent Firefox bugs.

oh yeah this happened to me a while back when i went on nyaa sukebei

so the unclosable window has been fixed in chrome? good I hated that

Good lord. I switched to Firefox a few months ago because of shit like Chrome having a (now non replaceable) shitty UI, poor, blurry font rendering and stuttering while scrolling on websites. I'll have to be extra careful.

He's trying to say he's choking on a mountain of dicks but can't get the words out.

I hope you only develop software for free because I would fire you if that's the kind of attitude you take towards major bugs.

freetards cant make anything from scratch, thats why they want opensource so they can just steal everything

>>>muh amateur open sores shitware is safer than professional proprietary software
Chrome is Open Source...

Look OP the last engineer we had that could fix that was a white man and we fired him months ago. The only updates we do on Firefox now is LGBTQ celebrating skin packs. Just live with it.

>lol
the battlecry of butthurt

The only proprietary software here it's Edge and it is dead

>Firefox includes literal spyware
>Icecat doesn't
>He defends firefox because he can't admit that GNU is better

>muh spyware
not an issue

>He willingly lets himself get spied upon by his own browser

Attached: 1517961790824.jpg (300x300, 55K)

>Firefox added "feature" and removed "malicious" labels 6 years ago

Well looks like im going to find another browser

Attached: image0-5.jpg (500x336, 29K)

>Firefox ESR
>still SJWzilla
no thanks user

What does it do?

>I hope you only develop software for free
You just realized why free software exists: incompetent developers too dumb to make the cut and be hired by companies like Microsoft end up developing shit for free like Linux.

>the paranoid faggot is also a weeb
I'm shocked.

Authentication dialogs stealth the focus and prevent you from messing with other browser windows until you interact with them. Malicious websites take advantage of this to repeatedly spam the user with these dialogs meanwhile the website is loading god knows what in the background and the user cannot stop it.

The only way to prevent this is to block frames or for Mozilla to finally patch this so these dialogs do not block you from interacting with background windows.

If you get caught in this situation you can forcibly kill the browser process and then avoid reopening the tab.

>Mozilla is an open source project, and it doesn't have unlimited resources to handle all the reported issues
A closed source project doesn't have unlimited resources to handle all reported issues either. What kind of retarded statement is this?

except everyone who completed Basic education inside Germany, Swiss, Austria, Luxembourg or Liechtenstein which coincidentally put together have as much wealth as the rest of the whole world combined.

Where's ublock and umatrix or any ad-blocker in that pic?

Attached: 1527426785992.jpg (490x485, 29K)

kek stop larping Mehmet

I didnt see any Mehmet when I oepened my door in Austria, which has way higher wealth than proletarian US. You probably are just a proletarian American. Just look at your HDI and be embarrassed. There's a reason affluent intellectuals always keep in German speaking parts of the world. The US are just pajeets and proletarians

Yea mozilla and gtk cvcks don't bother to fix minor annoyances. Like not having thumbnails in the filepicker for FOURTEEN YEARS.

The devs themselves will belittle you if you complain about it too. Motherfuckers.

sO wHy DiDn't ThE fUcKeRs WhO rEpOrTeD iT sImPlY mAkE a FiX?

You mean Waterfox, right? Why would I trust Firefox ESR any more than Firefox Quantum?

> we wuz relevant n sheit
> austria is totally not a joke guys!
t. europoor

>19,905,855th fork of Firefox

>Jow Forums approved software

A free avoid list, nice time saver.

Mozilla is not a software development house but a radical leftist organization.

Kys

Every software development firm is radically leftist, that shouldn't make a difference.

>being a firecuck

you only need to make a merge request

If that's mandatory for browsing the web safely, then it should be rolled in to the default install.

Tech illiterate NPCs do, coincidentally those countries have an overproportional number of NPCs.

>Mozilla published the State of Mozilla 2017 report yesterday which includes financial information for the year 2017. The organization managed to increase revenue by over $40 million U.S. Dollar in 2017 and Net Assets by $88 million U.S. Dollar.

>major bugs
pfthahahahahaha nice m8

GNU takes all the shitty spyware out and semi hardens the browser by default, while being 100% compatible with Firefox. The only possible reason to complain about it is if you’re a complete faggot, nigger.

Basically mostly ad revenue, but a big literally George Soros donation which is related to shady ‘experiments.’