pastebin.com/M5w7QtKp
>Use the buyer's template
pastebin.com/33S1gVkG
>Group Buys
Deskthority, Geekhack, Massdrop
>Keyboard wiki
deskthority.net/wiki/Main_Page

Previous Thread:

Attached: 1542155523236.gif (480x270, 502K)

Other urls found in this thread:

aliexpress.com/item/kprepublic-139-Japan-Japanese-root-font-Cherry-profile-Dye-Sub-Keycap-Set-PBT-for-gh60-xd60/32877674607.html
aliexpress.com/item/dsa-pbt-top-Printed-legends-black-Keycaps-Laser-Etched-gh60-poker2-xd64-87-104-xd75-xd96/32852927837.html
zealpc.net/products/zealio
novelkeys.xyz/collections/switches/products/novelkeys-x-kailh-box-thick-clicks
pcgamingrace.com/products/gmmk-full-customized
massdrop.com/buy/massdrop-ctrl-mechanical-keyboard
docs.qmk.fm/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

first for Akari

Where can I get something similar to an Ergodox for 100-150 bucks tops?

What's Jow Forums opinion on tenkeyless keyboards?

Attached: Nigguh.jpg (206x212, 6K)

superior in every way.

Why did you post the buyer's template twice, pls give me the buyer's guide

It might be possible to make one out of the b-stock section from falba.tech, but I've no idea what you'll pay for it in total from the US.

Im working on my tactical keyboard, what type of velcro should i use?

>velcro
use picatinny rails instead

any zealios chads that didn't order from the Massdrop GB get their zealios yet?

but its to attach my keyboard in a hip bag, how is this supposed to work?

Attached: 2018-12-09-21:20:06_1558x798_scrot.png (1558x798, 442K)

ok ok i figured it out, i could buy some of those and attach my keyboard into the bottom part of my table, but are they actually easy to release?

I got my bag of 62g zealios last Friday and they feel horrible compared to the old version becuase they moved the bump right at the top
You memed me again, /mkg/

>he doesn't like the bump being near the top
If you don't wanna try a different stem you could likely sell them without losing much.

topre.

Attached: 1450968264910.png (256x256, 119K)

Man mine haven't even shipped yet. I wouldn't know the difference between V1 and V2 anyways.

what stems would move the bump lower?

>they moved the bump right at the top
Who told switch manufacturers this was a good idea? I fucking hate the way the Box brown and burnt orange on my tester feel compared to my full Gateron brown board for this exact reason.

Probably V1 stems (or any of the other mx clear clones). Would probably make the bump smaller though.

can someone help me with keycap purchase

i want to buy this one but i have a novatouch ISO

aliexpress.com/item/kprepublic-139-Japan-Japanese-root-font-Cherry-profile-Dye-Sub-Keycap-Set-PBT-for-gh60-xd60/32877674607.html

the seller said i can request what caps i want to add but I'm not sure what keys i need to add to make it iso, because i believe i also need some with characters like "\|"

they have pictures of all the keycaps so just use your eyes to compare them to your keyboard.

that is actually very good advice thank you

I'd love a Leopold FC660C with BKE domes but I'm never going to be able to afford it.

Attached: fc660c.jpg (916x314, 57K)

Logitech G413 is on sale for 49€. It has Romer G switches. Yay or nah?

meh, go with chink shit instead. no one should really spend over 30 on a keyboard anyway since you only get diminishing returns past that

The buyer's template pastebin seems to say otherwise. Says prices start at 70.
Where should I look for chink shit? Does it have good switches? That's all I really care about.

aliexpress has a bunch in the $30 range. You can also try your local amazon since those also have some for under 30 with good switches.

What's some cheap decent PBT keycap set? I'd use it on a 75%

what kind of style are you looking for?

Something simple and not so colorful

get this and ask him to send you the extra keycaps when checking out
aliexpress.com/item/dsa-pbt-top-Printed-legends-black-Keycaps-Laser-Etched-gh60-poker2-xd64-87-104-xd75-xd96/32852927837.html

How's laser printing for legends?

Laser printing is shit. Get dyesubs at minimum, or PBT doubleshots if you want lettering that will last.

pretty terrible. the problem with PBT is that since it's harder to mold double injection molding is rare so the cheapest option would be to dye-sub it, but then you can't dye something light on a dark base so all over dye-subbing is used, but that is more expensive.

I've got some Tai Hao PBT double shots on my board, they're actually really nice. Decent thickness, sharp legends and a nice texture which doesn't get oily. You can get sets off of Amazon for about $40-50.

Yeah, I'll wait until the GB on their site ends and sell them

double shot is a meme, you can achieve the same by pressing two plastic pieces together. People are getting scammed by this ancient technique and that's why there's a hand full of companies that do it.

>you can achieve the same by pressing two plastic pieces together.
But that's just what the doubleshot process is?

Most chinks can't even get normal PBT right, so adding a second mold will just give you worse build quality

Attached: Gateron PBT.jpg (3264x2448, 1.19M)

This is why you stick to PBT+POM

get pmk pbt its top tier stuff

>misaligned and warped keycaps
no thx

Vortex has been doing that for almost a decade and they still have minor problems with their keycaps

proof of this?

Just read through the old DSA granite groupbuy thread. They did make replacements at least.

Doesn't Ducky also do PBT/POM doubleshots?

Can Jow Forums point me to a switch with high actuation force (55-60g bare minimum) and a very notable tactile bump? The more tactile the better. Non-clicky preferred

Ducky uses vortex's keycaps so yes.

Box royal, hako royal, memeios v2, box navy, etc.

That makes sense. What about Varmilo?

thanks fren. what do you mean by memeios tho?

Varmilo dye-subs their keycaps and they still do dye-subbing for ducky

TL note: "memeios" means "zealios".

reddit switches
zealpc.net/products/zealio

they're not Jow Forums approved, it seems. Why?

someone made a clone of them for 1/3 the price, but since they're reddit exclusives they used their autistic power to make them illegal and now we don't have them so poorfags on Jow Forums hate them.

They're overpriced, is why. But there are substantial changes compared to other gaterons to be fair.

doubleshot: letter gets transferred from first mold to the second mold, the second mold fills the whole key
what i mean: you have to plastic parts already done and press them together.

remember to buy a QMK compatible board anons, or you'll end up having to do this, and it's still not ideal

Attached: 2018-12-09-1544400779.png (785x498, 82K)

previous owner of Romer G's. don't do it. they are basically browns. get Ducky or something with MX clears for much better tactility.

box navy novelkeys.xyz/collections/switches/products/novelkeys-x-kailh-box-thick-clicks

protip box switches are the best bang for buck you can get dont fall for over priced meme switches

>75%
Hard to find sets for and they're rarely cheap. I went with EnjoyPBT's 9009.

uhave a kbparadise and i want another for at my work. Should i get another or i get something else like pok3r? Worried it would be hard getting used to two 60% keyboards

Anything comfier than a small form factor keyboard?

Picked this 66key Leopold off eBay for $90 6 months back. I want one for work now.

Silent reds out of stock though.

Attached: IMG_20181209_203543.jpg (3264x2448, 2.09M)

I have*

Attached: Capture.png (1203x458, 621K)

these worth it?

Attached: cop.png (1313x677, 523K)

I've gotten a few Drevo's before. they are not bad quality for the price if you are just cutting your teeth on mechs.

just need a second one and would like to try wireless. When i saw the price i was intrigued

Know-nothing here, please excuse my ignorance.
>budget: $175 or under
>location: mainland USA
>switch pref: the quietest ones while still having tactile response
>form factor: 65%
>backlit: yes
>previous kb: Lofree Four Seasons. I love it, I just don’t own a Mac anymore and this one is insanely loud anyway. Pic related.
>hard mode: absolutely no gamer shit. No RGB lights. No cringe and bluepilled custom keys. No weird fonts or strange ergonomic layouts. Just a nice, clean, mech keyboard.

Attached: DF54BBA7-615B-40F4-AD3D-62B70187401E.jpg (4032x3024, 2.53M)

Tada68 with zealios from KBDfans, then install some silencing clips from Zeal or GMK

Getting zilents would be better than clips to be honest. Takes away less travel distance and it silences the bottom out & upstroke.

silencing clips do a good job at silencing both the upstroke and down stroke. Also the prebuilt tada68 doesn't come with zilents

Only if you use cherry profile keycaps. The clips don't do much to silence the downstroke on other profiles.

good thing the tada uses cherry profile keycaps

Attached: F1C88BAC-EBA1-48B0-9B1A-48A659AD0CAD.jpg (2446x1536, 1.48M)

Based filcoposter.

GK64 with Aliaz 70g (basically Gateron Silent Brown with a bit more tactility. Software is complete dogshi but I managed to setup a Dvorak layer on it and turn off all LED bullshit except a straight white light that I can toggle off. Would recommend.

Attached: IMG_20181210_151545.jpg (4032x2348, 1.63M)

Based gun poster; we've missed you user

>bit more tactility
wut? they use the same stems and the increased weight helps soften the tactile feeling.

I've got a switch tester with 60, 70, 80 and 90 and then 70 is definitely more tactile than the 60, which when pressed rapidly is basically linear. They are nowhere near as tactile as zealio v1 though, of which I also have all 4 weights on my switch tester. Haven't got a zilent for comparison as kbdfans didn't have them when I got the board, otherwise I probably would have got 67g zilents.

>70 is definitely more tactile than the 60
The stem is identical m8, you're imagining things.

Perfect layout. I just wish I wasn’t paying $55 more than the Tada68 for gamershit that I’ll never use.

Yeah I had the same feeling but in the end I chose the hotswap and USB C over the TMK/QMK firmware of the tada. If you know for sure what switches you want, get the tada as its awesome

Best hot-swappable tenkeyless body under $200?

ALT

Gmmk. You'll have plenty of change from $200 to get some nice caps too. pcgamingrace.com/products/gmmk-full-customized

Or the CTRL right at the top of your budget: massdrop.com/buy/massdrop-ctrl-mechanical-keyboard

I think I'd be more into the CTRL since it's a more standard 80% layout. I considered ordering it without caps or switches, I think that's like $150.

I got my wasd v2 and holy shit I fucking love it
I honestly didn't expect to love a keyboard so much. Pic related is it with my ThinkPad.
I'm interested in getting a back-lit one with brown switches. This one has black and I like them better than red or blue, but I'd like to give the brown ones a try and have a keyboard with backlighting, preferably one that's also usb C, so it's easy to swap out with my wasd depending on the occasion.
Ducky one?

Attached: IMG_20181208_011231.jpg (2880x2160, 1.75M)

>running the discord botnet program on your computer
>especially on linux
at most just use the web browser version if you want to be a fag like that

>brown switches
No, they're shit.

Ah yes, I'll just have a hissy fit with everyone else in my senior project group and insist we use tox instead

well if you have to use it at least just use the web browser version instead

None of my boards use QMK and I don't even know what that is. Generally I just plug in my board and it works.

A custom keyboard firmware that lets you do all sorts of shit. Just give this a read:

docs.qmk.fm/

I know what QMK is, I don't know what that weird shit the poster had up.

UwU what's this?

Attached: IMG_20181125_0913253~2.jpg (4056x2704, 1.98M)

>I'm an Adult

acute keyboard

i like the blueish keycaps. where can i buy?