Why is this allowed?

Why is this allowed?

Attached: 1472617589903.jpg (480x455, 23K)

Other urls found in this thread:

files.digital.nhs.uk/publication/0/0/obes-phys-acti-diet-eng-2018-rep.pdf
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Not everyone is a low-IQ mutt, they can't figure out the payment terminal instructions.

Because you are retarded.

>not paying with cash

>living in a 3rd wold shithole
>credit and debit chips and floating cards
>electronic voting
>electric cars
>gas powered buses
>electrics trains
>metric system (LOL)
>"rent a bike" kiosks
>cheap organic food

what the fuck is wrong with USA? aren't they supposed to be first world?

I make in day what you make in a month

>paying with the plastic jew

Don't tell me you fell for this? They can't clone the card if you use the chip so they trick you into swiping so they can get card info from the magnetic stripe.

if you made 10k a day you wouldn't be on 4channel

but you cannot pay for that shit, lol. Are you living with your parents or you can afford a house yet?

This, fuck (((cashless society)))

Do you get paid in cash by your employer? Because if you're just withdrawing cash from your bank to pay with at the store, what's even the point? There's still an electronic record of that money having existed.

> Not having contactless payments available in 99% of stores.

Fuckin 'mericans

I never ever swiped my cards, weird

why not?

The software required to integrate the chip reader with the store's current POS system is difficult to work with and requires an onerous certification process before you're approved to start using it.

Yeah but it existing is were the electronic trail stops.
It's not 12:13am user bought a monster energy at the gas station.
Also cash never stops working.

>what is check cashing

>Do you get paid in cash by your employer?
Yes

Because all consumers are absolute units.

Not too long ago my bank started this weird concept of "personalized banking". They tag and analyse all my payments to give me better overview of what I spend my money on. I hate that shit. Getting the money from a cash dispenser proofs that I took money from my account, but it doesn't show what I use it for.
There are also other reasons why I prefer cash. I'm more hesitant to buy shit, when I see the money with my own eyes instead of some number on my bank account. It's also less of a hassle to tip in general or to pay in shops with old owners, who only offer electronic payment because my government forces them to.

>be American
>payment terminals still using ancient tech from the 60's
>get doxxed by Equifax
>break your leg and end up with a lifetime of debt

B-but at least I won't have to enter a silly PIN, you f-fucking Europoor

I just place my card on-top and just wrrks

Forgot one thing
>lose your card and have other people be able to buy anything they want with it
>can't get a refund from the bank because "you signed an agreement with us that says specifically you can't do that"

>not paying with your phone

Attached: huh.jpg (401x554, 56K)

am I the only person who uses cash for everything but online payments?

>I'm that one asshole who adds 20 extra seconds to checkout lanes

Yes. Yes you are.

Notch makes more than that and he's here...

>swipe card
>machine tells me to insert chip
>insert chip
>machine tells me to swipe card
>swipe card
>it works now
>mfw

Attached: Never+really+thought+of+it+like+that+_eded2c3f74318b938ad57cee81f4fb10.png (257x325, 54K)

tpbp, based and redpilled

>not getting 2% cashback on everything
>not getting extended warranty
>not getting purchase protection
shiggy

>implying that millionaires or billionaires dont browse Jow Forums every once in a while

1. 1st world vs 3rd world is not a matter of poor vs rich, just who was allied with whom during the cold war. Sweden and Switzerland are technically 3rd world countries, and they are quite rich.
2. It can be really hard to compare the economic features of the US, which is rather large, with those of smaller countries. Converting the entire country to chip and pin takes a lot more money and effort than it would in another country.
3. No one trusts electronic voting. We have it in some states, but paper ballots, hand counted by humans, are just plain better in terms of reliability.
4. We have electric cars, gas powered buses, and electric trains just the same. Maybe the electric cars are not as widespread (cars that accept gasoline are cheaper), but you can still get them.
5. Technically all of our units are pegged to metric units. A US inch is defined as 2.54 centimeters exactly. Also, we do use the metric system for some fields. It's less so much that we officially use the imperial system, so much as we don't have a required system for everyone to use, and most people are used to imperial units in their day to day activities.

Why aren't you just using contactless?

Why would I want Apple or Google to know where I'm spending money?

Stop posting this tranny

>Sweden and Switzerland are technically 3rd world

Attached: 0BDBE233-3179-4ED1-80C6-AC5ECFA5B7DD.gif (644x714, 35K)

Not the same guy, but they would be if we stuck with the Cold War definition.

>but they would be if we stuck with the Cold War definition.
We didn't thought. The definition has changed.

>and electric trains just the same.
HAHAHAHAHAHA
NO.
t. /n/

Attached: 1537334832480.png (500x775, 673K)

This is good, but I'd like to point out:
Anyone who would tell you that electronic voting is a good thing is lying to you, or insane.
Too bad elections don't matter from the start, electronic voting just makes it easier to rig and look legit.

I think the point was that technically they are, according to the traditional definition. Though people haven't used 1st/2nd/3rd world like that in a long time and people generally have to switvhed to "developed"/"developing" anyway

Do you know how much that would cost? The southeastern 1/5 of the US alone is the size of all of western europe, from spain to the balkans.

The US is unironically over a decade behind the rest of the world on this.

Getting gas in the US with a foreign card is an absolute joke.

>Swipe and enter your (((zip code))) for "security"

>implying making money gives you something to do with your life
kek

I was travelling through the US once, and I forget what state it was but when I went to go fill up on petrol, some guy came running out of the petrol station screaming at me because I was about to pump the petrol myself and apparently that was illegal lmao.

>swiping and entering the PIN
>not just touching the terminal with NFC chip of your card
It works in 80% of cases but is still more handy

I hope you tipped +15%.

Correction: portugal to poland. Straight lines are easier.

>Not just using tap

Chip is old school at this point.

And clapped after it was done.

The usage has changed. The definition has not. The usage is incorrect.

O B S E S S E D

Attached: 1240171_559108757488053_1849119847_n.jpg (741x711, 96K)

There's a little code in the magstripe (the bit you swipe) that says "I'm a chip card, use the chip unless there's something wrong.", so it tells you to use the chip. The chip doesn't work, so the reader lets you use the less secure swipe.
Now, why the chip didn't work? No idea.

>have to use chip
>takes literally 5 minutes then fails
>makes you try again
>fails instantly about 10 more times
>FINALLY lets you use the mag strip
Literally fucking eat shit get raped and die if you are an """""""""""""engineer""""""""""""" who designs chip readers because they all fucking suck and break after about 1000 uses
absolute trash they should name and shame every single person who worked on them at verifone then ban them from practicing engineering

This tap shit is garbage. I have an NFC subway card I keep in my wallet so I can just swipe my wallet at the turnstile. Cool. But so they don't interfere with each other I have to keep all my other cards in dumb little NFC-blocking pouches. I'd be much happier if they didn't have NFC at all: I still don't understand how it's at all secure (what's stopping someone from stealing money by just bumping into me?)

O B E S E

Attached: 1533063219221.png (693x426, 290K)

I'm pretty sure that's outdated by a couple of years.

*did make - he doesn't anymore

Oh, I misread it, this guy actually got a chip but it doesn't work with terminal. Well, can understand then.

>Implying chip readers are engineered and not the product of design by committee and legal teams
The engineering stops when the chip and transaction specification is finalized. After that, it becomes shit.

>hungary
>hungry

>the face you make when i clone your contactless credit card and ship 300 dildos to your moms house

Literally added inconvinience for 0 gain. Might as well use CCs at that point.

based true american poster

>Why is this allowed?

Because it's the responsibility of the business to ensure they have a working chip reader.

>no mention of UK

Gee I wonder who is behind this FAKE NEWS.
files.digital.nhs.uk/publication/0/0/obes-phys-acti-diet-eng-2018-rep.pdf

>26% of adults classified as obese
>1 in 5 of year 6 children classified as obese
>1 in 10 reception year children classified as obese

1 billion at 0.5% interest rate is 5 million, which is $13698 daily. And I'm sure there are ways to get much more than 0.5% rate with this kind of money, even at near-zero risk passive savings accounts.

Oregon is one of those, but I'm sure there are now like this. I'm surprised California isn't.

>t. Europoor
>live in CA
>work in SV
>make more in a year than my parents did their whole lives combined
>hate my life every day

Money is a meme. Only dullards brag about having it.

What the fuck
Why would that be illegal?

kek

Wait.....you Ameritards STILL haven't figured it out?

It's really nice having it, but fuck the cost at which it comes.

The only job flyover states have left after the coal mines closed.

So I was so impressed by rfid payment that some POS terminals have, just wave the card in front of the reader, I tried it today at Lowes

but accidentally waved my card over the security degauser, the thing that kills those rfid security patches so they don't trigger door beepers. and it killed my card.

Nah this was probably Oregon

It was originally a safety concern, then a worker union thing.

Its actually really nice when its rainy or cold outside. not nice at all when its busy

Mexico is the most obese place on earth, and we have a tendency to import them for shit labor because unions fucked up our factories. If you want your stats to show you're fat, import fatties.

Attached: obese.png (906x664, 59K)

There's only 2 states where pumping your own gas is illegal, Oregon and New Jersey, both of them are coastal states.

>clone your contactless credit card

That is near impossible.
Unlike traditional credit cards.

Pretty much the whole point.

all of these are wealthy countries

Attached: ass2ass.jpg (480x360, 10K)

Are electric vehicle owners allowed to plug into a fast charger themselves?

His graph is inaccurate, the most overweight country is dirt poor.

>Why is this allowed
Number of reasons really:
>Regulatory capture allowing merchants to drag their heels like they're the south and the civil rights laws are being put in place
>Cheap-as-fuck merchants who don't want to upgrade their infrastructure built in the 1980s and who spent decades installing infrastructure with zero thought to the future because this was the cheapest option available to them
>Retarded consumers who bitch and moan about having to use chip&PIN because it's too slow or hard
>Merchants not giving a fuck about their shitty security as it's the card issues who pay for the fraud-related costs anyway

>Cheap-as-fuck merchants who don't want to upgrade their infrastructure built in the 1980s
Yuropoor here.
There's a small supermarket near where I live that's still running cash registers based on IBM 286 machines, they even use a 10Base5 Ethernet network.
They have chip and pin terminals and they work just fine never had an issue with them. From the looks of it, they're connected via serial because they don't really need anything else. I wish I could take a picture without looking suspicious.

>thinking Unions are the problem
Oh America

I want to know why are payment methods becoming so overcomplicated and taking longer to conduct a simple transaction. I get swiping was very insecure and prone to thievery and chips are supposed to combat that, but it seemed like swiping was a universal concept that every merchant did identically whereas chips have about a dozen variations that nobody seems to agree on a fastest and most convenient method. Everywhere I go I have to listen to the cashier's instructions on what to do with a chip. Sometimes I have to wait, then insert, and press Yes/OK, others tell me to select YES/OK first, then insert and wait. Yet others say I have to tell them it's a credit and do not insert before they do whatever they need to at the POS, otherwise if I insert before they are ready it botches the whole transaction. And don't even get me started with NFC payments.

It's only two states in the U.S. that actually do that. Like the other user said, it's was mostly a union thing, people actually thought that pumping their own gas would cut hundreds of job so they passed laws making it illegal to pump your own gas. Oregon recently passed an amendment that, under specific conditions, people would be allowed to pump their own gas without an attendant and it drew consider social media coverage.

Attached: gettyimages-946170551.jpg (1920x1080, 1.27M)

Brazil?

>hurr durr fucking botnet everywhere
>of course I want to tell the botnet what I bought when and where
>inb4 confidential info
ha how I laugh.
Wait a few years until cash is banned and the gov can actively block certain transactions.

>rich people are different
That's how I know that you're a poorfag

I dont get how Jow Forums can hate (((them))) so much and then go and use electronic payments everywhere. So much for complaining about bot net rofl

The available funding also scales with the population you retard.

>those comments

lmfao what the fuck

A bunch of pretentious faggots.
All this botnet complaining is just attention whoring and
>Look at me. I'm woke
We're all lost.

I've been using contactless for 5 years now. Sorry you live in a shithole.
>inb4 what if it gets stolen
Sorry you live in a shithole.

Nyanyan is biologically female
Not everything on the internet is a tranny

That's pretty ridiculous.
Where I live we have some regions which are just gas stations too, and workers there fill up your tank, but it's not illegal to do it yourself and you can do it if you want to. Why would both things be opposing to each other? Do American corporations really go to the extent of firing people just because it isn't illegal to do so?

>there are people paranoid enough to actually pay with cash only
oh no no no
look at the TOP of his HEAD
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

It's funny how people are so outraged and bring up strange "arguments" over something which is completely normal really everyfuckingwhere.
That's why I cannot tolerate shit like
>but it's the moral thing to do
>it's normal and everybody does it
>no, that would be strange
>but think of the children