IPhones are in “sale” because they are selling so poorly

>iPhones are in “sale” because they are selling so poorly
>Bloomberg reports Apple has fallen substantially behind its rivals and will not be able to equip iPhones with 5G until late 2020 at the earliest. And 5G is about to become a game-changer

What the fuck is Apple thinking with no 5G?

Attached: C34DF7A7-C231-4C2D-BF38-497276417AC7.jpg (759x422, 51K)

>And 5G is about to become a game-changer

It's really not.
Gigabit speeds are already available on 4G, 99% of people won't give a shit about 5G.
It's biggest customers will be using it as fixed wireless broadband, not phone users.

As if 5G will be widely adopted by 2020...

I think apple is overrated and has shitty products and dishonest business practices, but 5G is useless for the individual mobile phone.

Good. I hope they fucking go bankrupt and close up for good. Then the tech world can go back to normal and dipshit normie thots and chads will be lost because they can't just buy stupid applel shit

>5G
I don't want cancer

>5G
I hope they sell cheap unlimited data plans in the US

They will go back to buy Sony

I'm confused about "5G" are all of the modems and baseband units compatible with each other?

based sony is good

Ha! Yeah right.

lol

You know they won't.

Lol what, nigger? Most chads and thots had Sony phones, back on pre iphone area, maybe one or other had motorolla.

Have they even worked out a protocol standard for 5G yet?

Apparently it's called 5G NR

How the fuck does anyone think 5G will ever be a thing for mobile? The maximum tested range was a claim from verizon to have reached 3000 feet. The number of towers required for coverage is staggering and the US had/has a hard enough time getting coverage for 4G. Even just in a city with so many buildings how is it imagined to be feasible?

We haven't even seen real 4g(LTE is 3.5g) yet and you're saying 5g is about to become a game-changer? Not defending Apple, they are retarded enough to get their modems from Intel after all, but be fucking realistic, m8.

>cheap
>unlimited
>in the US
Pick two.

>LTE is 3.5g
What the heck does that even mean? Do you mean that it's based on a 3g technology and hence isn't real 4g or somethign

I bet 5g cant penetrate a house with enought strength to even make a decent call, imagine a concrete building.

Yes thats exactly what these autistic retards mean. They are smarter than engineers working on these telecomunication companies naming naming protocols.

Even LTE Advanced doesn't reach minimum bandwidth requirements of 4g, even theoretically.

ITU set the bar too high *dabs*

5g requirements are 10 times higher.

LTE was supposed to gradually evolve to become real 4G, hence the name, but it never did.

yeah all hail our new chinkshit overlords

Yeah, this one is definitely not happening, ever.

Attached: 1529485294614.png (916x279, 24K)

>99% of people won't give a shit about 5G
99%+ of people won't know an actual shit about 5G, but, its a 'feature' they'll have heard about and want on THEIR phones. Apple, as per OP, already in the shit. They can stick their heads in the sand or up Cooks arse all they like, but their time as an innovator (or even moderately successful feature robber/copier) really did die in 2011. Again, never confuse what people want with that which is actually useful, least not when you are a manufacturer of overpriced 'fashion electronic trinkets' like Apple

5G causes cancer and kills bees and butterflies

Ok ok ok, but apparently LTE Advanced Pro is real 4G as defined by the ITU, and has available intel and qualcomm modems.

t. expert googler

>5G
Chinese botnet banned in every Western country

5G is a meme, expected to raise prices by 200 dollars or more and it requires a janky external notch to even work.

China already has apple over a barrel. Face it Apple is just expensive chinkshit now

>antenna notch
>screen notch
2018 is /year of the notch/

>As if 5G will be widely adopted by 2020...
this

Apple's overpriced shit means the company's business model doesn't rely on mining your data for advertisers. Also Apple pushes security updates monthly, while carriers in the android world might update twice or three times during the lifetime of their most current models

We need a headphone jack notch as well

We need a wireless 3.5 jack.

>What the fuck is Apple thinking with no 5G?

They were thinking:
>If we don't include 5G this year, then people will be forced to buy another iPhone next year.

This is exactly why they are the richest company.

They're trying to do this by locating a mini-CDN physically close to cell towers. There have been several attempts to do this sort of thing before (see: Netflix colocating servers inside ISP networks, OpenCDN). We know ISPs have run caching transparent HTTP servers in the past, though with HTTPS everywhere becoming a thing a more sophisticated approach is needed.

At least Sony makes good phones. XZ4 gonna be the the handset of the year in 2019.

Read the description.
It's only the latency added by the radio signal, not the total latency.

Oh, shit, you're right.

Why do you think that won't happen? The range on the millimeter wave stuff from the 5G towers is something like 500 meters?

Apple is going to let everyone else work out the teething problems with the first generation 5G chips just like they did with 4G.

>Most chads and thots had Sony phones, back on pre iphone area, maybe one or other had motorolla.
Why was there brand loyalty at the time? All phones from that epoch look the same and do the same.

iTODDLERS BTFO

Attached: 1516195428410.gif (500x491, 376K)

You will get it anyway faggot

At least where i lived, sony phones was synonymous of wealth, because they mostly where the most expensive/good looking.

>5G is about to become a game-changer
no it fucking won't.
The speeds which are reachable with 4G are more than enough for your average fuckboy.
Who cares about one GB/s speed, when you have a data limit for that ?
The only thing that will be impacted, is internet access at home, where more and more companies will opt to supply households with 5G instead of a physical connection and therefore speeding up availability for the internet in rural areas.
But those people won't have a viable data limit as well, so it will actually hinder progress. When the mobile connection is established, no one is going to bother to build landlines, which will leave rural areas in constant state of ever stronger connections, but always lower data rates.

>therefore speeding up availability for the internet in rural areas
the fuck you think is covering 'rural areas' in a shitload of 5G towers, to serve one man and sheep?

people would still buy them even if they had only 3g

>people

Exactly.

In truly rural areas you would likely need more antennas than there are homes.
So you might as well just hook up the homes instead.

Remember that every 5G antenna needs a landline to connect it to the internet.

> Bloomberg

Bloomberg is fake anti-Apple news.

Attached: bloomberg-businessweek-supermicro.jpg (600x799, 71K)

Based

STFU, Qualcomm is Android's Last Hope and is going down without Apple's money.

Enjoy while it lasts.

based

And phones of this epoch are different?

Hopefully they plummet because I actually like the simplicity of the iphone.

Wtf are you talking about. 4G is all anyone uses here. a set of towers can serve 10's of thousands of people where hardlines don't exist.

What's crazy about this whole debacle is typically it's the bloomberg blog sites that are full of shit but this was actually literally hired bloomberg staff.

met a traveller from an antique land,
Who said—“Two vast and trunkless legs of stone
Stand in the desert. . . . Near them, on the sand,
Half sunk a shattered visage lies, whose frown,
And wrinkled lip, and sneer of cold command,
Tell that its sculptor well those passions read
Which yet survive, stamped on these lifeless things,
The hand that mocked them, and the heart that fed;
And on the pedestal, these words appear:
My name is Steve Jobbs, founder, owner and CEO of Apple Inc;
Look on my Works, ye sheep, and buy them! (I‘m dead BTW)
Nothing beside remains. Round the decay
Of that colossal Wreck, boundless and bare
The lone and level sands stretch far away.

Why would Bloomberg lie about something so big in such a sloppy way? Their report was too fragile. If they wanted to fabricate a scare shouldn't they have put a bit more effort on it?
Also, if anyone could find an article from The Register on this it would be great. I find it odd they aren't covering the story, their analysis are quite good.

Wtf is 5G?

The thing that comes after 4G

how much are unlimited plans in the US?

i'm paying 22 USD for unlimited everything here in bumfuck Croatia

AT&T has "unlimited" (=~1.5mbps speed) data for $65/mo, truly unlimited plan for $85/mo. These drop to $45 and $65 respectively if you let the jew auto-deduct shekels.

The red pill is supporting Apple. It is a white american christian company that talks to Donald Trump and values security. If you fell for the Apple sucks get a pajeetdroid meme you fell for the jew.

IPFS is way better at using transparent caching than HTTP. ISPs and cloud vendors should be pushing its adoption.

They didn't lie. They just got an NSL after the fact telling them to shut up and not rebut the denials.

damn that's pricy, i mean the US average wage is way higher then the one in Croatia, but still

>And 5G is about to become a game-changer
Fucking how?
4g can push 50mbps to 100mbps what more does a fucking phone need?

so it can send data to NSA faster

At 1Gbps WAN speed you can just port forward SSH and keep all your shit on a home file server.

Doubt

How many people are actually going to be doing that with there phones? it's not like cellular networks are going to give you the data allowance for that shit anyway

Apple has always been 5 years behind everyone else.

Attached: 1540591567479.png (868x834, 232K)

>on sale
>literally a 20 dollar coupon/voucher

>jews
>didn't lie
Show me one time that has happened

>no notch
>no disgusting in screen nipple ff camera
>return of the glorious sidemounted power/fingerprint reader hybrid button
>headphone jack returning
>dual lens setup and unlocking the bootloader doesn't fuck up your camera anymore, hints at Sony maybe getting their camera game in order
>also releasing the based Compact variant

Literally only flagship worth looking forward to.

based and latepilled

> new iPhone XR
> actual downgrade from the iPhone 8 since no force touch
> more expensive
> ugly as hell (massive bezels all around)
> WHY ISN'T IT SELLING REEEEEEEEEE

>> ugly as hell (massive bezels all around)

Attached: 1532826997579.jpg (756x645, 167K)

based

FaceID creeps me out so I got an 8.