New Gnome Shell theme

This is what the new Adwaita theme and icons look like. What's up with Gnome haters now, Jow Forums?

APOLOGISE NOW

Attached: gnome.jpg (1920x1080, 156K)

Other urls found in this thread:

extensions.gnome.org/extension/1465/desktop-icons/
outreachy.org
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Looks like shit. It's just less shit than before.

Attached: 1532905143510.gif (193x135, 1.57M)

Nothing can make me like Gnome.

looks like shit

for some reason I tend to have more hallucinations when I use gnome, lol

>folder icons look like shit
>no icon for python files

Still no theme that looks just like windows 7 icons

is there a picture of the dark theme?

you wish you could come close to Breeze

Attached: Screenshot_20181209_112340.png (527x280, 19K)

xD

Gnome developers simply do not think that python is that important.

That looks less consistent with itself than before now.

Bad OSX knockoff.

lol

It's like a drawing of MacOS Mojave made by a special ed kid

Meant to

no I actually meant it to the GNOME

Damned auto-fill,I meant KDE.

It looks better than before. A theme won't bring top icons back, though.

>top icons
What are top icons?

This?
extensions.gnome.org/extension/1465/desktop-icons/

Those look childish

You look childish.

>gnome
Nobody use it.

Now it looks even more like Apple trash.
Congrats, Gnometards.

Attached: thebotnetfour.png (1024x512, 63K)

what gnome version?

Still looks like shit

Looks like shit, what a surprise!

So, all the KDE fangirls decided to scrawl out of the shitter and post these knee jerk reactive posts? What a surprise!

>everything is still huge with fuckload of whitespace
>but at least the icons are now flat
thanks gnome

Not on my machine (Budgie desktop, latest adwaita)

Attached: adwaita.png (968x676, 236K)

Please refer to this post ()

Attached: Screenshot from 2018-11-22 16-13-03.png (76x57, 4K)

It's worse.

A
FUCKING
FOOT

I use LXQt you faggot

WHY!?!? I WOULD USE THIS!

You can also refer to this post: ()

I recently switched to Mate. It's minimalist and it just werks.

A
FUCKING
KUCK

Oh... so you're one of those people.
Okay.

stay mad footfag

I've never even used KDE. Try again.

Let me guess? Some obscure, never heard by the majority of members of this community type of DE?

HAHAHA! And nothing of substance was said.

Here's the about dialog from the new GTK3 version of GIMP (The GNU Image Manipulation Program).

Attached: new_gimp.jpg (480x360, 21K)

>>GIMP (The GNU Image Manipulation Program)
I'm almost certainly everyone here knows what GIMP is. Plus that dialog is SEXY.

weak

Attached: 2018-12-09-140019_1366x768_scrot.png (1366x768, 1.15M)

>weak
Faggot. The fakest ass hypocrite if I've ever seen one. Accusing me of being "weak" yet doing it yourself!

GNOME does look better than KDE by default, but that doesn't make up for the fact that it uses literally twice the RAM for no good reason

>Adwaita
>Advaita
>Not-two
>Monism
>Gnome
>Gmone

>non-essential information centered smack-dab in the middle of the screen
>can't change it
Your screenshot literally gave me eye-aids. You Gnometard babbies are the worst.

Attached: 1544382474100.jpg (1920x1080, 246K)

>nit picking about NOTHING

Can't use that space for taskbar icons.

Okay, I relent, you have a point there, but that isn't the point of GNOME. The point of the DE is having barely anything on the desktop so that everything is clean, slim and aesthetically pleasing to look at.

>gnome

lel

Even Apple used to center things in the taskbar. What's the problem with that?

Attached: bootos.net-macosxpb.png (1024x768, 575K)

There'd be nothing wrong with Gnome using tons of RAM if it was at least, which it isn't.

I want a desktop and taskbar with shortcuts that I can click on so that I can easily access the applications and folders that I frequently use. That's why stopped using gnome.

>adwaita
you're using a material gtk theme you dumbfuck, not adwaita and these are papirus icons. op is talking about the default gnome theme.

>used to
Exactly. They figured that's a silly thing to do, unlike Gnome.

Early OS X was so fucking aesthetic. What happened?

>The point of the DE is having barely anything on the desktop so that everything is clean, slim and aesthetically pleasing to look at.

lol

>lol
>having an argument? nah, too rational for my tastes

The useless people working at Apple needed to justify their high salaries so they decided to ruin the aesthetic and call it "improvement."

i switched to budgie because fedora takes too long to start up and it's sluggish. it will start out using 1.4 gb and then go all the way to 3 gb. the computer starts pausing and freezing after that

Attached: Screenshot from 2018-12-09 15-46-34.png (1366x768, 93K)

Bland.

All linux DEs look like shit compared to aero.

Attached: 1515823882755.jpg (700x526, 30K)

only problem i have with gnome is the ram usage

i'll only use gnome if it's below 600 mb of ram

Attached: 1544301147808.jpg (1028x1028, 175K)

>>can't change it
wrong

btw what music player is that
f, sorry to hear that schizo bro

aero looks like shit compared to classic shell

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 103K)

Attached: DE525B79-F122-4D99-BD38-507D00A45E2F.jpg (1024x647, 106K)

It's not about the look it's about how heavy gnome is and why use gnome when you could have a lightweight xfce desktop that is also light

Unused RAM is wasted RAM, user. Gnome Shell just makes intelligent use of your system resources.

>tfw the main file manager has less functions than the file open dialog from windows 2000

Attached: 33a.jpg (680x680, 35K)

>Even Apple used to center things in the taskbar
That was just in one beta version of OSX, then they realized how stupid it was and reverted it.

it looks like shit, it was better before

no

Attached: bestdesktop.png (1920x1080, 1.01M)

Are we in the 90s?

Ok, and? Still going to stick with KDE most likely.

Sadly no.

>Gnome Shell just makes intelligent use of your system resources.
>Wrote with JavaScript
Of course I believe you

KUCK DETECTED

>What is OP

By massive memory leaks which were never fixed?

garbage

GTK3 is a mistake

outreachy.org

You seem to be misinformed about who exactly is the cuck.

fpbp

>Unused RAM is wasted RAM
I suppose you keep your hard-drives 100% full and your CPU at 100% utilization at all times

And this proves what exactly? That developers part of GNOME aren't raging homophobes, transphobes, nigger sayers, and generally good people?

If KDE is so great, then why is the VAST majority of the market share for DEs belong to GNOME/GNOME derivatives, and DEs written in GTK? Would any here like to inform me?

I was just using gnome disk utility, and it treats me like a child. It tries to ask me what I will use the partition for, and gives very little detail about partitioning. What a piece of garbage. It used to be somewhat nice, but not anymore. I'm just glad I'm on kde, all I installed it for was for managing encrypted volumes, but it is not really worth it anymore. I know that the rest of GNOME is just as bad. Used to be a GNOME 2 user, now I just don't look back.

Because Gnome and GTK have a monopoly in the Linux distro world.

Before Gnome Shell, almost every single distro shipped with Gnome 2. Also let's not forget how popular Ubuntu, which also came with Gnome 2, was during that time. Most popular distros still come with Gnome. Also the fact that Gnome developers diminished KDE's reputation by spreading FUD about Qt during the 90s.

>>Unused RAM is wasted RAM
>I suppose you keep your hard-drives 100% full and your CPU at 100% utilization at all times
ram uses the same energy regardless of how much space is used

>>Because Gnome and GTK have a monopoly in the Linux distro world.
Simply put, they earned their choke hold of the DE market share because of GTK and the promising GNOME 2 DE.

>>Also the fact that Gnome developers diminished KDE's reputation by spreading FUD about Qt during the 90s.
That may be true (I've never heard that anywhere) but Qt and KDE had plenty of time to recover and they have not.

shipping basic red, green and blue themes should be mandatory.

Attached: 2018-12-10-163521_1600x900_scrot.png (656x502, 15K)

Qt licensing wasn't that clear and some people thought that it would turn into proprietary software in the future.

To be completely honest with you, I've never been a KDE fan. When I got into Linux I liked Gnome 2 so much to the point where I didn't even think about switching to another DE. But if you think about it, it would make more sense for KDE to be more popular than Gnome. It has always offered an experience more similar to Windows, while Gnome has always been weird and different. Some people are so used to Windows that it is the only thing they can use when operating systems come to mind.

why is the vast majority of the marketshare for windows?