Programmers are the scum of society. Did you know many of them can just work from home and take off whenever...

Programmers are the scum of society. Did you know many of them can just work from home and take off whenever? Some companies even give them free lunch every day. That plus making 350k+ in total comp. How can this happen when almost every other industry is underpaid and micromanaged, especially blue collar work?! Some little asshole I went to high school with went into software and now he's living like a king while I have to deal with crippling debt.

If you're a programmer, you should give most of your money to charity. You don't deserve it.

Attached: angry_pepe.jpg (900x900, 65K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/gAqHXGtBWP0
scratch.mit.edu/projects/editor/?tip_bar=home
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Programming is the most sought out profession, requires the most education and is up there with being the most well paid jobs.

Kill yourself, frog poster.

why don't you just become a programmer then

even that is too much for me thats why im a NEET programmer

git gud scrub

because they work you like a slave

>ehh I deserve I deserve I deserve...
No one deserves anything. Everbody gets what he takes and minimal pay is what you get for not using your brain.

>t. salty jock who just noticed that the nerds he picked on in high school are doing way better than him

What is your profession?

>i can't blame myself for my problems so i will just blame successful people

>If you're a programmer, you should give most of your money to charity. You don't deserve it.
So what, neither do they. For my act of giving back, I can sponsor you a good rope though.

>Programming is the most sought out profession
Not even in its education bracket.
>requires the most education
Not by a long shot.

Well you people can't do it, so if you want code you have to give us shekels.

What's the most sought out bachelor's then?

Attached: reflective-motorcycle-sticker-fuck-you-2-pack_600x.png (534x534, 19K)

Enjoy it while you can.
big companies are pushing programming into grade school kids.
They don't want to pay $100K for entry level positions.
Expect programming to be a 30K a year job in the next 5-7 years.

Why don’t you just join us instead of being salty? I don’t get it. I’m in my early 20’s, no degree, making 6 figures. I learned from library books and YouTube tutorials during high school. Pretty easy to get into.

frog thread never dissappoint

you should see landlords then

This

ayy lmao

Attached: 4S4c9h3.jpg (700x609, 163K)

Where the fuck this meme comes from.
I hear this shit all the time, where is the evidence

Attached: cess.jpg (1080x1350, 285K)

Fuck off, armchair commie. Charities are cancer, if someone can't survive with the help of others, they should die so they don't inject their shitty genes into the next generations, that's how we'll solve overpopulation and a lot of the world's financial crises.

Liberal arts.

>LARPing this hard
or if serious
>being this rectally devastated

my local schools here does this, they teach grade school kids these "drag and drop modular programming" just like OOP heh, it's just to potentially make them consider the programming route just like now they are teaching chemistry in school

>big companies are pushing programming into grade school kids.
Pfft. Like that's gonna take off

youtu.be/gAqHXGtBWP0

this shit basically is what they're showin

scratch.mit.edu/projects/editor/?tip_bar=home

Attached: scratch.png (2484x1250, 700K)

yeah this kind of stuff, i mean it does open a door way to interest just like general subject does, either way it would impact the programmer headcount

I've heard from kids in middle school about the hour of code and it literally doesn't change their perception on computer programming.

So i guess we are in good hands for now.

i am genuinely confused why is that so, I've even seen articles like the zoomer gen is the less technologically able even when they are born into this world with all these cool tech around while boomer and millennial had it fresh, maybe its just fake news

Just like modern boomers have access to way more technology in their cars but on average don't know how to work on them when the proto-boomers can fix just about anything on a car

Zoomer here, I'd have to disagree. While the "Hour of Code" shit isn't going to change anyone's mind, the more expansive drag-and-drop programs like Scratch definitely make the barrier to entry a lot lower and can make kids with no experience feel less afraid and willing to try it out in a serious way (comparing this to when the main way to learn programming was checking out a book from the library or having your dad teach you).

Read below
This. Which do you think requires more technical knowledge to use: macOS X or Windows 95?

programming already has shit pay in the rest of the world. The US is the only ace that still does this shit. luckily I program for myself and not looking to become a dev

pretty sure all 1st world country programmers get decent pays, unless you're doing like webdev. only the in the US you can get insanely high pays thou

Most programming positions are shit, but you should've done programming then.

You mean the same way math and physics are being pushed into grade school kids? People are stupid.

>only the in the US you can get insanely high pays thou

thats my point. Good luck getting a 100K junior dev job anywhere outside the US.

Show me on the gnu where stallman touched you, user

Attached: a_gnu.jpg (1200x794, 229K)

You can't really learn programming unless you're interested in IT in general, that's what most people don't get. Sure you teach the programming principles to anyone within a couple of course but there's way more to it. Understanding how computers work, how the Internet works, how different operating systems work and how to handle them. Then there are a shit load of programming languages, fields and paradigms. Even if you're just a Web dev you'll have to learn about microservices, proxies, containers, databases, load balancing etc etc.. Yeah, have fun teaching all of that to Mike and Sandy whose heads are filled with nothing but netflix and instagram

>couple of course
*hours

>microservices, proxies, containers, databases, load balancing etc
i doubt anyone is learning those things in school (besides databases)

>Programmers are the scum of society.
You're right.

Don't worry dotcom bubble 2.0 will fix it.

Lol. Engineering and mathematics are the same as CS where theres many different fields to get into etc. People get engineering and math degrees "just because" all the time. Programming is no different

wonder how many zoomers are like, i love computers cos of muh fortnite fps and that turned into IT then gaymin programming then actually programming

Give me a fucking break. Most of these kids can barely tie their own shoes, let alone wipe their own asses. You're fucking dreaming if you think a mass influx of programmers will be coming out of grade/high school. Not to mention public schools are a joke and are only getting weaker/easier with dozens of kids unable to do basic fucking math.

I ended up going the cyber security route, but the pay is pretty good here too. Pulling 6 figures with no college degree.

I'm a potter.

>Most of these kids can barely tie their own shoes

Who told you this, pol? Kids today are just as capable as previous generations probably even more now because all the really smart asians get shipped here to attend our schools.

Please tell me you're kidding right? Most of these kids are fucking retarded, I don't need pol to tell me that. And parents are just as bad because they throw a fit if they're special snowflake fails a class, instead of hammering into their heads they need to fucking study. So when they hit college they either pick some easy bullshit major or get hit hard with reality that their childhood education left them completely unprepared for college. If you don't see that or think this opinion is "politically correct", then you're part of the problem.

>politically INcorrect

Zoomer here, I'm literally staking my entire future on the meritocracy meme. I'm very good at what I do and if I can't use that to excel among the cattle that exist in the industry I'm blowing my brains out.

what do you do? and why do you think you're good at it?

Right now I have a paid internship focused on data science lined up with a large shipping company. I really enjoy designing algorithms and optimizing simple problems. I've been writing some pretty complex programs since I was in middle school.

You're a retard who thinks the same kids who are "snowflakes" are the same ones who go for CS and engineering. Here's a wake up call: those retarded kids were already gonna study some other bullshit major and it's always been that way. Art and Music fags have always been unemployed since the dawn of time this is nothing new. It's why you always see them bitch about capitalism and "le corporate greed". However all the smart kids and the millions getting imported every year are in the same field as you.

I'm also really autistic about bad code and I hate webdev and gaming.

Are you me?
Minus the internship and gaming thing, and maybe the hubris...
Aside from that...
What's your favorite language?

Are you seriously comparing pushing a fundamental understanding of how the universe works in its mechanics onto kids to forcing kids to learn how to program? Are those seriously the same thing to you?

> hubris
I'm a humble person day to day, but I am confirdent in my abilities

> favorite language
I'd say from a nostalgia perspective, Python. But realistically, C/C++ and some cursory assembly.

Excellent choices

Congratulations, you just proved how retarded you are. Since when do they teach general relativity and calculus in grade school? My point was that just like math and physics, programming is another field that pupils hate because it requires their brains to work. I never said it's as hard as math or physics even though CS is just a sub field of math but that doesn't matter.

Thanks. Truth be told I know I'm gonna fail and I'll probably kill myself in my mid 20s

You think programming is as hard as calc? LMFAO

>calculus is hard
Are there really fags on Jow Forums that actually believe this?

Attached: 1513007204881.png (866x900, 95K)

That has zero to do with the point of the original post, literally comparing pushing programming onto grade school kids just like math and physics. In what regard is that point relevant to make when the point is to either legitimize or invalidate pushing subjects on kids? The entire point of
>You mean the same way math and physics are being pushed into grade school kids? People are stupid.
is to either legitimize or invalidate it. What you just described has ZERO to do with that. Don't retroactively justify it, if you recognize that it isn't the same then why bring it up? What does kids hating subjects having to use their brains have ANYTHING to do with the legitimacy of pushing a subject?

Can't you read? You are unironically illiterate. And by the way, if we are talking about CS yea.. CS is harder than just calculus.

You can literally teach a child calculus if you're careful about it.
The absolute state of Jow Forums

>I'm a potter.
And you got a degree to do that?

What was your plan for paying for your degree?

Petroleum engineering, followed by nuclear engineering, actuarial science, and then computer engineering.
t. 20 seconds on BLS site

Some one does because he just implied they wont teach programming for the same reason they dont teach calc.

>pupils hate because it requires their brains to work

>they will never teach programming at a young age because it's too hard like calc

you fucking retard.

and programming is the same way and they're pushing it more and more.

> t. 13 year old Sandeep

>he thinks being a codemonkey is as hard as studying math and physics

Kek

>claims my point would be wrong over and over again in a single post
>does not provide an argument
Teaching programming in schools doesn't have a significant impact on how many people will eventually choose a career in programming. They taught programming at our school as well and I can still remember how everyone was hating it "just because" .. Similarly to math and physics because it was too abstract. I don't think you realize how primitive most people are.

Did you reply to the wrong person? I was saying the opposite.

I think you did. I agreed with your statement and said programming can be taught extremely young as well. You then referred to me as "Sandeep" and for that I will have to refer to you as "nigger".

just be a neet if you cant get one of those high paying jobs.

You can make a child into a codemonkey but not into a competent developer. Are you retarded?

You can be a retard and be a "competent developer." Get off the high horse lol

> t. I have never done a large programming project
Try the consumer general threads, those seem much more your speed.

your shitty app isnt a large project and theres a reason people with degrees in completely unrelated fields can still become senior devs. Its fucking easy compared to other fields. Try being an engineer with a fucking liberal arts degree, idiot

You have a lot of misconceptions about software development.

No, you do. I'm sorry you arent as smart as you thought you were

>requires the most education
lol. Use an IDE and copy and paste from stack overflow. So difficult.

Same way you can acquire a math degree even though you're stupid. You can study math and specialize in econometry which is easy as fuck.

Coming from someone who knows jack about shit, I couldn't care less

There's a reason people like me laugh at people like you.

Because you don't know any better and unironically believe you're the intelligent one in this situation?

cyber sec student here, what role are you doing to get that pay? and do you have any certs like OSCP or CEH?

>Try being an engineer
Uhm there are many engineers without degrees especially in the automobile industry.

lol. Try getting a senior/managerial position in engineering or science with a degree that isnt engineering or science related. Guess what, you cant and it's not even close. Software development is not the same as the other two and people who have only done software development would think otherwise

My argument is that your original argument has no logical link to what you're claiming now. You're ignoring the clear logical gap saying "lol you have no argument"
>They're pushing programming on gradeschool kids now, it's gonna be a 30k/yr salary in 5-7 years
>You mean the same way math and physics are being pushed into grade school kids? People are stupid.
I fail to see the logic where someone reads that and goes "SHIT, I COULD TOTALLY SEE WHERE HE MEANT KIDS HATE THE SUBJECT IT'S JUST SO OBVIOUS." The logic just isn't there.
But I'll play your straw-pulling game. You want an argument? There are tons of pajeet-tier programmers out there right now, people who barely know how computers work; people who are literal monkeys. People who do not understand and have no inclination to understand HOW a button gets dispensed when you press a button. All they're interested in is when they press the button, a banana is dispensed. Like a how a monkey operates aka codemonkeys.
People whose only experience comes from a bootcamp that just tells you how to do something, and spends zero time telling you HOW it works under the hood - prior to that, being 30 years of retail of clerical work and being an avid facebook user.
Another argument: you can easily sell programming more by telling kids they can learn how to make games with it. Interest spikes, at least initially; and for a good amount of children that's all that's required and they find their own reason to stay interested.
Another argument: Mathematics is very heavy in theory and abstraction. Programming is very abstract by nature but businesses skip the theory in favor of less time to production; therefore, kids will not have to worry so much about theory and can get right to making things - much like various forms of art (not to illegitimize art) or shop classes. And kids generally love shop classes.
That enough argument for you?

wow this thread has gone to shit now

Yeah, mainly do to faggots like @68864862

because you only "know" about software "development" and that's all you'll ever know

I'm majoring in Physics, CS, and Math you brainlet

and I'm elon musk. I know you're lying because theres no point even saying that. Theres no way for you to prove it so why not say that retarded shit to try to save some internet points. Fucking moron. Keep thinking what you do is hard

You being elon musk would actually explain how retarded you are, so I believe it.