Simple question for a simple retard

Simple question for a simple retard.

Building computer. Got case from friend's father, Gateway DX4300 PC shell.
Is there any way to know what motherboards and such are compatible with this case?
Thanks.

Attached: Yes Im retarded next question please.jpg (1008x1764, 315K)

Buy every motherboard in existence, then try to fit each one. Let us know which ones fit. Thanks.

Most OEM cases have proprietary connectors or bracketing which prevent using an aftermarket board. If Gateway was a pretty cool dude, a standard ATX board will fit.

just buy a real case fucking moron

Let's hope he's a cool dude. I bet he's a douchebag though

Good idea, I'll try it, thanks!

VERY mean
Rude!

Hi OP, can you give me a view inside it?

looks like standard matx with standard front panel header

Most OEMs, dell and HP being the worst offenders besides apple.. have mostly or completely propietary designs.
Most dell motherboards won't fit into any case besides the one they are designed for due to propietary mounting for the so called cpu cooler.
Most dell computers also have propietary 5 pin fan connectors, propietary front panel headers, propietary power switch... dell inspiron as an exception but those still have weird power switches that constantly jump the reset pin on other boards.

Another example would be HP, the motherboards usually fit into other cases and vice versa but they are assholes and like to make (low quality) propietary power supplies and the such.

It all depends, like how that guy said how much of an asshole gateway is. So, we gotta see the case, motherboard etc..

most any ATX tower case besides dell cases (inspiron as an exception) can work with slight mods, or none at all if you are ok with sacrifice.

Dell.
Dell wont work.
Avoid Dell, Dude.

Or tell us the model.

This.
Only thing to look out for should be video card length, any matx board and standard ATX psu should fit

Attached: G180-4514-call10-cba.jpg (500x431, 34K)

Looks like an mATX form factor case. You'll be fine as long as you don't put a very tall tower CPU cooler in it.

The hdd cage is removable so he should be good just use some double sided tape or an adapter for the dvd drive bay.

How do you have possession of the case and not have better pictures than this trash?
Unless you want fags here just spamming you with "install gentoo", you better cooperate and provide better pictures.

Actually looking closer at the picture, he can just remove the bottom bay and use the top one.

They haven't done that in decades. Too expensive. Every OEM I have touched that is a full size pc is standard atx or the small variants.

You are totally fucking wrong. They havent done this in probably a decade. It became way to expensive. They now source all of their parts from oems and they rarely customize any more. Open any major brand tower pc and it is likely an Asus or ECS board and standard components.

/thread

Attached: yesbaby.jpg (528x543, 29K)

Because I've only posted the OP post and a few worthless replies below
I'm in another city on an errand, when I get back home I'll take a few pics and post them

Thats 4 slot micro ATX
just any matx board

the power supply looks to also be ATX standard but the screws are in a slightly different position, might be a bit of a difficulty

otherwise just any matx board, sometimes theyre 3 slot and sometimes theyre 4 slot, sometimes they are deeper as well, any should fit but i would error on the side of caution and just get a shorter board, usually the ones with only two ram slots are a bit less deep

I took the motherboard/cpu out of a very very similar gateway desktop and I'm using it currently in another after market case as my main desktop.

I then put my old phenom 2 matx motherboard with a radeon 6850 and put it in the gateway case before selling it off. The psu was able to power the amd boards.

With gateway it's all standard. Does that help? You won't be able to fit a 1080ti in there, or anything lengthy card.

Sure, if you want to see, here's a picture of the inside. It sounds like
1. It could work, but
2. I should probably just buy a cheap afternarket case because this causes more problems than it solves.

Is that right?

Attached: IMG_20181209_190751.jpg (3840x2160, 2.94M)

Oh, and I've been looking for the serial, I don't know where to find it, but this might be it I guess

Attached: IMG_20181209_144407.jpg (4032x3024, 2.73M)

I built a modern PC in a 1998 Dell case. There's a weird bracket to mount the mobo but it works fine. There's no I/O shield cutout and the holes for the ports on the original board are built into the metal. Similarly for the PSU spot. A bit of dremel and drill later, it fits standard ATX parts fine. There's no front panel ports at all so you'll need a drive bay port panel if you want that.

So yeah, at least older Dell cases require some modification but are still usable if you want it enough.

That looks like a fairly standard micro ATX case.
It even has a removable I/O shield.
Standard power supply looks like it will fit.
You lucked out, OP. This is a workable case.

Pretty much any ATX motherboard would support the case.
I bought a DX pc secondhand upgraded the power supply and are running a RX 580 on the stock motherboard. It's also in my basement as a second media/gaming PC so it's running cool and good enough.

Look up ATX form factor specs and see if the case matches. If it does, just throw a board in that follows ATX, mini-ATX, etc.

Drop an 8 core proc, 16gb ram and just go HAM and beastmode on this build until it runs Doom Eternal on ultra 4k settings.

Any slim M-ATX, DTX, or ITX will fit.
Without a picture of the inside of the case I can't tell you if standard or extended M-ATX will fit.

here didn't notice Yeah any MATX will fit, even the extended ones as that has 9 screws instead of the common 6.

Hey, you guys have been a huge help
I was sure this was garbage but yeah, alright, I'll try to make this work.
Appreciate it.

>>>/sqt/
i wouldnt put anything in that piece of shit, cooling must be shit.