I just created a triangle in Vulkan

AMA

Attached: 3221dc992b55f668ed314ffc830deafb.jpg (207x244, 20K)

But can you triforce in vulkan?

How many lines of code did it take to make it? Then compare that to using the p5.js library.

I'm guessing it's 100 lines minimum.

OpenGL's been suiting me just fine. I'm not doing AAA-quality PBR, so why would I bother?

Attached: giphy[1].gif (320x320, 1.77M)

(Not OP) On vulkan-tutorial.com or whatever, it takes around 1000 lines. You could probably get it down to 500 or so if you skipped the validation layer and any unnecessary steps.

How does it feel to have more talent and knowledge than 99% of professional game developers?

Vulkan isn't a requirement for AAA devs, most of them aren't using it either

It's not a requirement, but they will get benefits if they use it (and use it well). For most other people, though, it just seems pointless to go that low level.

>2smart wojak
>posting the thumbnail

Attached: 11sc7-yAN9k6jW5aZOvmV0A-1.jpg (600x400, 54K)

You're on Jow Forums. You should know very well how software projects work by now and why extending the amount of work needed to be done more than twice on budget-driven projects like games is not the greatest of ideas.

>For most other people, though, it just seems pointless to go that low level
Tell that to Apple, they've announced they're deprecating opengl in favour of metal.

Most people just put a framework over it and write in that.

It's not as ridiculous as it may seem. Apple had horrible OpenGL support. This way, they can drop the high-level API development on someone else and simply stick to the much easier to maintain low-level API.
The problem was the fact they simply crashed everything made on OpenGL, which meant everyone had to go back and ship new versions with whatever framework they chose to replace OpenGL.

1. It's only going to double the work of a fairly small part of your dev team. It's not like they're not making there own abstraction layers. Only the rendering engine programmers are going to be touching Vulcan.
2) Don't act like there's not a market for this shit. In addition to there being some pretty autistic PC gamers looking to justify the existence of their $3000 build, the difference between something pretty running at 40FPS and something pretty running at 30 FPS is going to be experienced by even the normies.

I know that feel, it's exhausting to make everything work.
Mine came out at 1100 LOC, how about you?

>the difference between something pretty running at 40FPS and something pretty running at 30 FPS
lol
switching from Vulkan to OpenGL is the difference between 40 FPS and 43 FPS in some areas in the game while running it on some video cards

No screen tearing

Well over 50fps just look at doom. Plus no tearing

the point was the difference isn't significant
tearing is a vsync issue

Vulkan has good advantage by being gpu computing platform, you can even do gpu computations without creating windows and initializing graphics subsystems.

What is V-ez lib. It makes vulk compareable to ogl by abstracting memory related stuff and a lot of boilerplate. It comes from the vendor, still pretty fresh.

Opengl id being deprecated due to its old af API. Amd gave mantle to khronos and they've released it under their name as a successor of ogl.

Enjoy your CPU bottleneck, draw-calllet.

Attached: 86102.png (650x300, 19K)